Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Vaughan is a raging willy puller and KP has absolutely no charisma to go with his arrogance. Why you'd put either on comms I've no idea. 

Vaughan only got reinstated I'm sure to appease certain political sections. He is and always has been a rubbish commentator.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Vaughan is a raging willy puller and KP has absolutely no charisma to go with his arrogance. Why you'd put either on comms I've no idea. 

No charisma indeed but when you’re arguably your countries greatest ever multi format batter, you’ve got a right to carry that arrogance, I think. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

No charisma indeed but when you’re arguably your countries greatest ever multi format batter, you’ve got a right to carry that arrogance, I think. 

Yeah but it's not his arrogance I have a problem with when he's commentating. You can be smug as all hell if you're entertaining and he isn't. Say what you will about Boycott, for example, but at least his brand of obnoxious, borderline psychopathic narcissism does at least make for entertaining punditry at times. 

KP is dry as fvck. Given the normally high standards of Sky cricket commentary, he's especially awful. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

What's a total you'd be comfortable chasing on this ground? And how much would they have to score to make you anxious? 

450 plus would have put the game beyond us. Right now I'll take a deficit of under 50 going into the third innings, but that would still have Australia as firm favourites. Take it close to parity so it basically becomes a one innings shootout, and I'd probably favour England purely because the momentum would be with us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone at all confident of a good opening stand?

I'm trying to convince myself... But deep down I expect we'll be relying on Root again to keep us in it. If we get to lunch without losing a wicket I'll be happy.

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Ticking along quite nicely here. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Always scared of commenting when it's going ok lol but so far so good.

Crawley does play some great shots. 

Careful boys, don't want to get your names in the wicket column