Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Bazball is great, but Bazball with brains needs to pair up.

It's all well & good doing against NZ, lndia & Pakistan, this is Ashes cricket. The series could lost unless England park their massive egos. 

Beating Pakistan as they did is solely down to playing this way, and arguably doing what they did in Pakistan is harder than winning a home Ashes series 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Beating Pakistan as they did is solely down to playing this way, and arguably doing what they did in Pakistan is harder than winning a home Ashes series 

I totally get that. Personally l think beating Australia in an Ashes series is the pinnacle. Beating Pakistan is tough especially away, but it's purely for points in the Test Championship. 

Like l said, Bazball is fantastic, with brains engaged we could beat anyone. 

Edited by STEVIE B

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I do wonder if its rigged at times

That angle looks quite incriminating!

Still not as bad as the Gill/Green one in my opinion! But I thought it was fairly clear. Did the TV umpire not get this view?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That angle looks quite incriminating!

Still not as bad as the Gill/Green one in my opinion! But I thought it was fairly clear. Did the TV umpire not get this view?

i dont think they did, but even then theyd give it the aussie's way

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We put the finger in the dam.. but we could have grasped the Test,if it wasn’t for the

4 simple wkts..320-330 for 2 or 3 at worst..

Thats exactly where we should have been had just Duckett or Root been there at the close I think we would have put the hammer down in the last hour

38 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Even day then? Still think we will fall short of the Australia total but Lyon more than likely missing will be massive if we just use our fvcking brains 

Probably would have been an excellent day had we not had a mad hour or so.

But they won't care and will keep still taking risks. 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

I do wonder if its rigged at times

Whilst i cant think of any reason to give it out if you've seen that angle, if it were rigged why would it be rigged against England though? Surely its just a cock-up

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Even day then? Still think we will fall short of the Australia total but Lyon more than likely missing will be massive if we just use our fvcking brains 

I wondered if an injured english player would been applauded round the ground like Lyon was at lords...somehow I doubt it.:D

No problem with the way Stokes calmed things down, but if he's trying to lead by example in how he bats then he either needs to bat higher or tell Root to play the same way.

There's no point in having the attitude of trying to abate the aggression when most of your top order are already back in the hutch.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No problem with the way Stokes calmed things down, but if he's trying to lead by example in how he bats then he either needs to bat higher or tell Root to play the same way.

There's no point in having the attitude of trying to abate the aggression when most of your top order are already back in the hutch.

Root watching Stokes play a calm innings after telling him to go for it.

download.jpeg-2.jpg

• Haha 4

I blew my top today…frustration got hold of me,…..like All of you..!!

but wait…how many because of our history…kept peaking at the scores/scorecard,waiting for those shot & scores that direckted us to ….
21-1….33-2…35-3…52-4.. a recovery of 60,then limping to 196-211 all out.

& decades of Tepid cricket..

Now we put on quite often 350-400+ scores .
Nous is not a cricket character, This type of  collapse is more entertaining

Crawleys Tempo allowed England to chase just short of a 100 before 96-1

Pope/ Duckett didn’t then collapse they pushed it out to a good 188-1…

> notice Austraila are not yet into their 2nd Innings<
1 time Pope gambled again…but added 42

Duckett got to 98 on Bazball ( not a tepid 27)

Root decided to Chav & chance it…More decent descision making from umpires

he might of rode it…

Sometimes Pundits/ well balanced better „ calling it right fans“  are wiser After the fact  in reality only 1 plonked it.. 3 others got decent scores…I believe now we are being degenerous to the moment & the players…“What could ofs „ litters all sports grounds… We are alive and chasing that 416 Australian total…

Lords  games hasn’t yet buried the English..

Fans know what we prefer to see & follow,but we didn’t create Bazbal or have the right,to say how the sporting gods treat us and deliver it..We have to embrace how this group plays it out..they are the creators  keepers of its destiny..

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I blew my top today…frustration got hold of me,…..like All of you..!!

but wait…how many because of our history…kept peaking at the scores/scorecard,waiting for those shot & scores that direckted us to ….
21-1….33-2…35-3…52-4.. a recovery of 60,then limping to 196-211 all out.

& decades of Tepid cricket..

Now we put on quite often 350-400+ scores .
Nous is not a cricket character, This type of  collapse is more entertaining

Crawleys Tempo allowed England to chase just short of a 100 before 96-1

Pope/ Duckett didn’t then collapse they pushed it out to a good 188-1…

> notice Austraila are not yet into their 2nd Innings<
1 time Pope gambled again…but added 42

Duckett got to 98 on Bazball ( not a tepid 27)

Root decided to Chav & chance it…More decent descision making from umpires

he might of rode it…

Sometimes Pundits/ well balanced better „ calling it right fans“  are wiser After the fact  in reality only 1 plonked it.. 3 others got decent scores…I believe now we are being degenerous to the moment & the players…“What could ofs „ litters all sports grounds… We are alive and chasing that 416 Australian total…

Lords  games hasn’t yet buried the English..

Fans know what we prefer to see & follow,but we didn’t create Bazbal or have the right,to say how the sporting gods treat us and deliver it..We have to embrace how this group plays it out..they are the creators  keepers of its destiny..

Spot on.

Way back when, we'd finish this day on 200ish for 6, rather than 278-4.

Once again, results are going to dictate how this style of play is viewed and remembered, and we haven't won, lost or drawn this match yet.

Edited by leicsmac

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Sadly our record of 1 win in 17 before McCullum became coach implies otherwise, though who knows?

FFS. This is all that matters now. And giving wickets away blows my mind. Cricket is as much about (if not more imo) bowling as batting. Their bowlers have done the square root of **** all and they have 4 wickets. It's unforgivable.