Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking about starc’s ‘catch’ yesterday - looking at many of the claimed catches this series makes me wonder if the southern hemisphere have a different law re catching - ot they’re just cheats with the win at all costs attitude 

I think it's the later.....

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking about starc’s ‘catch’ yesterday - looking at many of the claimed catches this series makes me wonder if the southern hemisphere have a different law re catching - ot they’re just cheats with the win at all costs attitude 

I know that in England you’re taught to catch under the ball and Australia they cup their hands over the ball, obviously depending on the height.

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I starting to get a glimmer of hope. See off Starc and Cummins and I might just start believing.

If we can get to 80-100 left with these two still in then I might start to get excited.

But that's a long way off yet...

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

With Lyon’s out the quicks are soon going to get worn out

Green is going to bowl a lot - he’s showing what we’re missing with a not fit stokes 

I reckon they won’t be shy about using head aswell - I’d be trying him now whilst there are plenty of runs to play with. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Something thing Guerilla Cricket pointed out just now:

Another key difference between the two teams has been the keepers. Carey has made next to no mistakes, whereas Bairstow has made quite a few and that has been costly.

Given how fine the margins are in top sport, this is probably spot on.

Stokes is starting to give me that feeling where I imagine him standing on a 10th century battle field surrounded by defeated enemies, covered in blood with a sword in his hand, screaming victory. It seems the more wounded he gets the tougher he gets.

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

With how comfortable we were in that first innings and the ridiculous amount of extras conceded we really should have been looking at only 50 or so needed from here

Australia would have batted a bit differently yesterday with a smaller lead (or indeed a first innings deficit )

17 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes he is :

“That is the biggest load of rubbish that I've ever seen. If that's not out, every catch I've ever seen taken should not be out. That is a disgrace. I've seen everything. That is ridiculous”

To be fair to McGrath, who seems a pretty decent bloke (when he's not playing cricket) he's just been taking the piss out of himself about this on TMS.