Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Was Bairstow trying to gain an advantage or was he just wandering down the pitch at the end of the over? I think there's no doubt which it was.

So the laws can take a hike, that's just terrible by Australia.

Possibly but amateur from Bairstow. Didn’t look before leaving crease

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Was Bairstow trying to gain an advantage or was he just wandering down the pitch at the end of the over? I think there's no doubt which it was.

So the laws can take a hike, that's just terrible by Australia.

Why can the laws take a hike? 

Just when it suits? 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Name those things if you will. 

That every single player will actually cease being rather chummy-chummy and will actually see the opposition as there to be beaten rather than the team being "there to entertain", and every single crowd (should) be a bearpit and be utterly merciless to the Aussies at every opportunity. And we saw today, when that happens, they make mistakes. As they did when India got into their faces.

Of course, this Aus team is the best in the world for a reason, and if they master both atmosphere and riled-up opposition, then fair enough.

I honestly think that Carey incident has the possibility to serve as a massive catalyst. But I guess we'll find out.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think anyone's denying you have loads of potential and you're obviously a great team. But Smith called this before the series even started, he said fair enough Bazball is good and all, but can they do it against us? 

It wasn't smug arrogance, just matter of fact, they've got the best fast bowling attack in the world and it's obviously going to be the biggest challenge yet for Baz. 

If you win doing it it looks great, if you lose it looks lik naivety at best and hubris at worst. Bit like Rodgers trying to throw the kitchen sink at attacking Man City and Liverpool and getting slapped up. 

I'm not actually talking about the style of the team per se. See above.

Just now, leicsmac said:

That every single player will actually cease being rather chummy-chummy and will actually see the opposition as there to be beaten rather than the team being "there to entertain", and every single crowd (should) be a bearpit and be utterly merciless to the Aussies at every opportunity. And we saw today, when that happens, they make mistakes. As they did when India got into their faces.

Should have been  this way from day 1 IMO, too nicey nicey so far.

Just now, leicsmac said:

I honestly think that Carey incident has the possibility to serve as a massive catalyst. But I guess we'll find out

It should. 

Most crowds won't be like Lords though. I expect a fair amount of ferocity from future crowds, especially with the next test just a few days away. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Should have been  this way from day 1 IMO, too nicey nicey so far.

Agreed.

Hopefully now, it will.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It should. 

Most crowds won't be like Lords though. I expect a fair amount of ferocity from future crowds, especially with the next test just a few days away. 

They should be damn furious. I hope that they are.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think anyone's denying you have loads of potential and you're obviously a great team. But Smith called this before the series even started, he said fair enough Bazball is good and all, but can they do it against us? 

It wasn't smug arrogance, just matter of fact, they've got the best fast bowling attack in the world and it's obviously going to be the biggest challenge yet for Baz. 

If you win doing it it looks great, if you lose it looks lik naivety at best and hubris at worst. Bit like Rodgers trying to throw the kitchen sink at attacking Man City and Liverpool and getting slapped up. 

"We" and "we're"

image.jpeg.c5e49467b4e4a38a8fb133b01d3c999d.jpeg

Gutted we came up short but what an utterly absorbing five days of Ashes cricket that was. An absolute treat.

Now back to the wife, kids, work, and real life for a bit :(

Edited by Izzy

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Didn’t Ollie Pope do similarly last year and everyone was hailing his quick thinking? Seems like just partisan BS to me. Wherever you genuinely stand on it, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Exactly

Still playing like it's the olde boys club.

Get nasty and win.

• Like 1