Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Broad is ****ing hilarious. Cummins drops one and he goes 'do you want to claim that?'.

Wouldn't surprise me if this series ends in tears for one side. Worth pointing out Buttler didn't appeal for obstruction of the field in the t20s against them because he didn't want to cause drama.

Series has been an absolute cracker and even though we're two nil down I'm loving it.

Stokes is the goat 🐐 

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Imagine the start of the third Test. Aus batting,

Broad rolls in and mankads Warner at the non strikers end first ball.

That would spice things up nicely.

I'd love it if we did that to them! 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Stokes said he would have not appealed but in reality is that true ?

Pressure and heat of the moment does funny things to the mind - particularly sports people and a team with Australias  history !

I believe most wouldn't tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Stokes said he would have not appealed but in reality is that true ?

Pressure and heat of the moment does funny things to the mind - particularly sports people and a team with Australias  history !

That could have led Carey to do what he did but Cummins had plenty of time to make the right decision and withdraw the appeal. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

You don't know much about Ben stokes do you!??? Calmest mind in cricket, particularly under pressure.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Wasn't Ian Bell given out in similar  circumstances  a few years ago against India I think but they then withdrew the appeal 

Yep. David withdrew it. 

For such a great cricket nation in Australia is a huge shame, they need to cheat so often. As Broad says people will not be remembering you for your 2-0 win! more that you showed lack of sportsmanship.  Sometimes though perhaps umpires could have stepped in and said, "to keep the match in good spirits I'm not giving that"  

19 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Lyon has just been ruled out for the whole Ashes 

Shame. Always prefer to have all the best players playing. Although apparently the young back up spinner isn't bad - I wonder will they pick him, or make do with their occasional spinners?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
36 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Lyon has just been ruled out for the whole Ashes 

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Wasn't Ian Bell given out in similar  circumstances  a few years ago against India I think but they then withdrew the appeal 

Just seen three clips this morning of McCullum doing it during his playing career including one absolute carbon copy lol

Also seen a clip of Bairstow himself trying to do something similar to Marnus but missing by a mile.