Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Cannot believe they're still refusing to select Foakes.

I can't help but feel like the squad is so invested in this Bazball that they're feeling the need to constantly double down on it. As if they're constantly shouting "oh you think this is brave and stupid?! Just you wait!!".

Bring Foakes in, push Bairstow up the order and see how you go.

For me, the team at Headingly should be;

1. Crawley

2. Duckett

3. Bairstow

4. Root (vc)

5. Brook

6. Stokes (c)

7. Foakes (wk)

8. Ali

9. Broad

10. Robinson

11. Wood

That's beyond attacking enough to fulfil the Bazball ideology, the tail is long to account for the loss of Pope and it still keeps a solid middle order in case the opening 3 fail to deliver.

Far too sensible

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Cannot believe they're still refusing to select Foakes.

I can't help but feel like the squad is so invested in this Bazball that they're feeling the need to constantly double down on it. As if they're constantly shouting "oh you think this is brave and stupid?! Just you wait!!".

Bring Foakes in, push Bairstow up the order and see how you go.

For me, the team at Headingly should be;

1. Crawley

2. Duckett

3. Bairstow

4. Root (vc)

5. Brook

6. Stokes (c)

7. Foakes (wk)

8. Ali

9. Broad

10. Robinson

11. Wood

That's beyond attacking enough to fulfil the Bazball ideology, the tail is long to account for the loss of Pope and it still keeps a solid middle order in case the opening 3 fail to deliver.

Crawley 😲joking aside don't think we'll see him dropped no matter how much I'd love to see it. Sets a decent pace which they want.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Looks like it’s Brook to 3 with Ali, Woakes and Wood in. Pope, Anderson and Tongue out

Presumably Robinson or Broad too?

Although playing with 12 would really piss the Aussies off.

I’m not sure i’d have Brook at 3 (I think he’s mustard by the way), considering Root is in the side who can more than comfortably hold his own there and has previously. I’d switch that up personally but very unlikely to make much difference, they’ve all got to bat at some point. 

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Tongue a bit unlucky though ?

Guess the batting does look better .

Brook will need to be more careful on how he plays then potentially.

Would've kept Tongue in and swapped out Robinson. He's not looked a threat for me and is no use when it comes to the new short ball tactics once the new ball wears off.

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Would've kept Tongue in and swapped out Robinson. He's not looked a threat for me and is no use when it comes to the new short ball tactics once the new ball wears off.

Agreed. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve kept him in because of all the verbals he’d given out he’d look a bit stupid being dropped.

Back to back tests not great for bowlers like Tongue though, especially when he's just starting out. Wood is always a risk when throwing him into a text match with no cricket for ages so probably played a part with the extra bowler. 

So reliant on Root to have a good match. 

2 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

Forecast not amazing for the 5 days, I do think we'll win though and win quickly. Guess I'll be proved wrong by lunch 

Saturday and Monday (if it makes 5) are the only days with questionable weather 

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the odds on someone throwing in a Mankad in this game? Feathers have been rustled and I expect some fireworks early on.

I would love to see England throw in a Mankad and then withdraw the appeal just to prove a point. 

Any England player to do it is 33/1.

Broad to do it against anyone is 50/1.