Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

3 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I’m very much a casual cricket fan but are our batters just not very good or are Australia good bowlers? Never feel confident our batters will stay for very long. Again I’m a casual so probably talking rubbish 

Australia probably have the best fast bowling attack in the world. They're very good. 

But equally England did something similar to Australia's best batsmen as well so conditions are probably a bit more favourable for the bowlers you'd imagine. 

• Like 1

We let them get 80-100 more runs due to poor fielding, we should have got them out for 160 odd. 

The chances we gave  Marsh will cost us big time. 

I expect they end 50+80 run lead after the first innings 

Edited by coolhandfox

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Have we ever been done 5-0 at home before in The Ashes? 

Got done 4-0 by the great Bradman team in 48. Think that's the closest we've come.

Still confident we can dig out of this. Marsh has proven that there's runs to be had here if you can play your way in.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No, but there's always a first time :unsure:

Just now, Osavo said:

Got done 4-0 by the great Bradman team in 48. Think that's the closest we've come.

Still confident we can dig out of this. Marsh has proven that there's runs to be had here if you can play your way in.

I was going to say I think this will be a draw anyway. Would like to see us get to parity with Australia’s score, make it a second innings shoot out any anything can happen, even with the weather that’s knocking about tomorrow and Monday. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Has any one person has a worse Ashes series performance than this Bairstow one? He's been embarrassing all round

On the theme of keepers, Gilchrist in 05 always sticks out as having a grim series. 

Not to this degree though, obviously.