Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

Bairstow probably responsible for about 100-150 run swing by himself.

Cant believe there's not better options.

Get nixon out of retirement!

There are 

but he’s stokes’ mate

he’s either in the team on his batting or he isn’t in the team - he doesn’t have the form since his injury to justify his position 

we picked different bowlers this test and they took 7 of the ten wickets 

I did say I’d wait to see us batting on a quick surface before getting ‘excited’ ….

So glad we chuck  Bairstow back in after a terrible injury.

Cost us far more runs than he scored.

Foakes is a far better keeper who averages 32.20, which is marginally worse than Bairstow's 36.88

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can we please drop Bairstow for the next test?

He's been embarrasing.

No chance. We like to stick by players and keep a settled side. Unless it involves Ben Foakes. Toss him aside after a settled run in the side any time.

• Sad 1

The fella is going to cost us 3 out of 3 tests and the series at this rate, how do you continue to justify his inclussion? 

This is where cricket gets frustrating at times, it's a glorified mens private members club.

I'd love to see test nations move to just letting the coach and only the coach pick a squad/XI

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The fella is going to cost us 3 out of 3 tests and the series at this rate, how do you continue to justify his inclussion? 

This is where cricket gets frustrating at times, it's a glorified mens private members club.

I'd love to see test nations move to just letting the coach and only the coach pick a squad/XI

It's so weird as it's not like Foakes plays for an unfashionable county either. He just seems to be treated with snobbery because his batting's not as eye-catching as Buttler or Bairstow. It's a horrendous reason to drop someone who'd done a far better job, pound for pound, than other players in this side whose inclusion should have been questioned before this series.

• Like 3

How pathetic...

Aussies again,with simple basics wiping the floor with us,because batsman can't pace Bazbal and prudence of building up time at the crease....Spoilt brats who never get their way...& Can't even deliver a basic 20 runs...when circumstance stands up & shouts back at you..!!

Big mouth interviews...Only Aussies have got mental aptitude to support their bragging..

• Like 1

Look..it's not the players.We have the right players,but they must speak openly as a group on "moment in time"

Application...

Both Bairstow & Foakes should both play..

Bairstow should of took no3 spot with Brook & Stokes following Root.

Foakes style would lend to playing with the tail-enders.& Holding them in a bit..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Just seen the score. Remind me again why we tolerate having a distinctly average keeper, when we have one of the world's best available..

... because he's supposedly better with the bat, but he hasn't shown that either.

I have to be honest, I'm not seeing the logic from the selectors in this matter.

• Like 1