Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Only seen the Beeb highlights today so don't know the full context, but why did we keep on bumping Head once he had his eye in?

Every chance tomorrow though, come on.

Thinking is no longer part of our game.

Well, if we can't chase 224 with 10 wickets in sunshine on this pitch and with a friendly crowd, we deserve absolutely nothing.

Given the luck we've had with being able to bat in (slightly) friendlier conditions this Test, not making that count would be criminal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, if we can't chase 224 with 10 wickets in sunshine on this pitch and with a friendly crowd, we deserve absolutely nothing.

Given the luck we've had with being able to bat in (slightly) friendlier conditions this Test, not making that count would be criminal.

You've gone over to the dark side of self-hating hyperbole :) 

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Sensible start, pushing the singles.

Unlucky not to get a few fours from well struck shots 

If duckett is going to get trapped on his crease falling forwards, he may as well go down guns blazing - that’s been the mantra up till now in most innings.  This is a top class bowling attack but Murphy is raw at this level. Anything could happen over the next few hours 

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You've gone over to the dark side of self-hating hyperbole :) 

Ha! Well, I do think in this case it is at least partly accurate.

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well we like to go for the unexpected.

True. I quite like the move, but I guess we'll see how it goes on.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Unlucky not to get a few fours from well struck shots 

If duckett is going to get trapped on his crease falling forwards, he may as well go down guns blazing - that’s been the mantra up till now in most innings.  This is a top class bowling attack but Murphy is raw at this level. Anything could happen over the next few hours 

Agreed with all of that.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just odd to me.

Why send he out to play normal, if he came in to smack it around I could understand it 

I don't understand why Root couldn't go in at 3. I fully understand why Brook didn't. 
FWIW I think today is the day Crawley proves himself. (Hope that's not the kiss of death)

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I don't understand why Root couldn't go in at 3. I fully understand why Brook didn't. 
FWIW I think today is the day Crawley proves himself. (Hope that's not the kiss of death)

Until he nicks off to slip, something we're between 40 or 50 odd.

To often looks good and gets out! 

• Like 1