Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

The ashes 2023

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Interested to hear Stokes say on TMS that Ali approached McCullum last night and volunteered to bat at 3. If Root's going to stubbornly refuse go up a place then you might as well keep him there. Stokes is better at managing the tail and he'd be the only other option really.

I said last night to the lads I went with that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ali go in there. Prime Ali could bat anywhere I think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I said last night to the lads I went with that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ali go in there. Prime Ali could bat anywhere I think. 

On current form he's not up to it, but there's no point having him trying to hold the lower order together at 7 or 8. May as well see if he can do some damage higher up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'd certainly drop Robinson, but I was wondering if Tongue would be a better option as a replacement. But not, Jimmy on home turf.

This series of Tests could be Jimmy´s swan song.

He himself has,been self critical, but the games he has played,he’s still economical,and not been thwacked around the ground..

Tongue IMO must play, Woakes & Broad are wicket takers. So some hard descisions to be made on the Bowling alone, plus I would welcome Ahmed getting his first Ashes cap, on an helpfull Old Traddord pitch Moen hasn’t let England down,but hasn’t really shon with the bat., but he got a Jaffa in his last innings,probably the best ball through the 3 Tests.

I would take Bairstow out of the firing line. when you have a chance to improve things,at no big a risk. IMO Foakes is as solid in his batting as Bairstow,and Bairstow I believe lost some confidence that effected his alround game…

No buddy acts, selectors duty is to play the better Wkt keeper. I would of kept Bairstow has a batter,but compared to any others he hasn’t warranted it,and openers have had 3 decent Tests. Both attacking batsman where in large Bazbal is working in both their favour..

My selection would come from these 12 players..

If Stokes only takes a few intense cameo overs,then I would have him batting at 3.

Crawley

Duckett

Stokes

Root

Brook

Foakes

Woakes

Ahmed

Wood

Broad/Anderson

Tongue

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Imagine when Bairstow costs us the series. 

Given his mistakes in first two tests, he may already have done that?

I presume while Stokes is captain Bairstow will play. (Isn't Foakes is a far better keeper and is likely to score as many, or probably more runs.?)