Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

Leicester vs Everton Match Thread

We've played poorly so far. Everton probably should be ahead, now we've given them that impetus to come back. I simply dont fancy us to keep a clean sheet this half either. 

Some serious work needed by Smith and co. 

Just now, peterborofox said:

Why the **** has Maddison taken that.

Fuming

Never felt confident, like, almost as certain that a player wouldn't score as I ever have on a pen. You've got Vardy and Tielemans on the pitch too.

• Like 1

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Where the fcuk is Barnes.

What do you mean? He crossed it for the pen we should’ve scored? Why the **** is barnes constantly made a scape goat? It’s a joke 

• Like 4

It was clearly a plan, Youri takes the ball so they all think he's taking the pen, they try and get in his head Pickford checks his notes, then he handed the ball to Madders, it wasn't a discussion it was pre-decided. Just sucks we missed, it happens, get over it and move on.

• Like 3

Just now, jayfox26 said:

My best mate who's an Everton fan is convinced the Coleman injury was a horrendous foul. I thought it was innocuous and shouldn't have even been a yellow. Other people's thoughts?

It was definitely a yellow card but no worse than that, Coleman is really really unfortunate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Will get pelters for this but it's only a shit penalty because it got saved. If Iversen didn't move he'd possibly have got Calvert Lewin's too, instead it's seen as clinical. You see plenty of pee roller penalties from Fernandes for example that go the opposite way to the keeper, if one of those gets saved it looks awful. 

I guess you could argue that players only go down the middle if they see the keeper commit to a side, **** knows how they do this in a split second though lol

What's more criminal is Maddison suddenly deciding now is the time for him to take what must be his first penalty for us???

And he took the ball from tielemans who can score from the spot

I'm watching this on a bar in Antigua.  I hate rum, but I keep drinking it just to cope with this game!!

Doubles when Madison missed that pen.. obviously as a coping mechanism.. stupid football

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

only other one I can remember is the one he missed v Cardiff towards the end of Puels time in charge 

And Vs Man City (?) in a league cup QF shootout

We've been so poor in that half. Their full backs are causing us no end of issues. I'd go 4-4-1-1, Soumare off and KDH or Praet on. People going in on Maddison are just ridiculous, without him we wouldn't even be in with a chance of survival 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Not sure if Everton's attack has been impressive or we are just are usual crap self in defence and gifting chances. 

Just hope we come out different in the 2nd half, as I just can't see Everton not scoring again if it's more of the same

They’ve squeezed us in midfield and we are struggling to get control of rhe game. We have to get more bodies in there. Our luck will run out if they keep having so much of the ball in our half. 

Maddison has not been in the game apart from the once pass to put Vardy through. So why is he taking the Pen? Tiliemans is the captain so should have put his foot down. 

All tho we are winning we look poor and Everton all over us. We need to get the ball down and start making quick passes. 
The next goal is vital and at the moment I’d say it’s Everton more likely to score. 

That pen miss hopefully won’t come back to haunt us 

God that was pure chaos. Really hope we don't regret missing that penalty. Play like we did 1st half and there'll be enough Wverton chances to suggest we might.

We need the 3rd goal quickly and then pick them off.

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Need to put the pen fiasco behind us now. Make a game plan for the second half.

Stop allowing Wilf to play out 20 yards from our own goal, hook thomas, and watch bouba carefully. Despite the score line, we’ve been second best.

Hook Thomas?! He's not been perfect but he's been defending bloody well. Been 3 on 1 at times.

Says it all about our fans that other players pass backwards but when he does, they groan. It's embarrassing.

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Need to put the pen fiasco behind us now. Make a game plan for the second half.

Stop allowing Wilf to play out 20 yards from our own goal, hook thomas, and watch bouba carefully. Despite the score line, we’ve been second best.

I’d be tempted to change Bouba for KDH. 

• Like 1

Why when he can pinpoint a free kick in to the top bin so consistently, did he go down the ****ing middle?! Just smash it or place it right in the corner. We know Pickford is short for a GK. 

I feel like we’re losing because we missed that. Bloody football. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

My best mate who's an Everton fan is convinced the Coleman injury was a horrendous foul. I thought it was innocuous and shouldn't have even been a yellow. Other people's thoughts?

it's an unfortunate coming together, and without wanting to sound harsh, the injury is Coleman's fault. Bouba commits, Coleman doesn't and anyone who's played knows it's when you go half-hearted into a challenge that you get injured