Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ronnup

Leicester vs Everton Match Thread

Massive shame we didn’t score that penalty. I think then the whole game changes a bit and you could think about addressing some issues. Now I think it’s more ina knife edge. They will have to come in and we have to hit them again on the break. Template is already there with the Vardy goal. He has got the run on their defence. 

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

My best mate who's an Everton fan is convinced the Coleman injury was a horrendous foul. I thought it was innocuous and shouldn't have even been a yellow. Other people's thoughts?

He's just emotional. We'd all be calling for blood of it was the other way around. I get that. 

But it was an unfortunate clash and probably not even actually a foul. 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

My best mate who's an Everton fan is convinced the Coleman injury was a horrendous foul. I thought it was innocuous and shouldn't have even been a yellow. Other people's thoughts?

Tell him he’s talking shit! Hope Coleman is alright but it was just a coming together wasn’t even a raised foot/leg from Soumare ran into him more than owt

what is Smiffy gonna do? I'm more nervous about that but yeh I agree maybe bring Mendy back in for some calmness at the back and passing that ball around. Barnes is growing into the game now so I'll back off a little

What a strange half. High risk tactics from Smiffy, and we’re getting overrun in midfield - but arguably it’s working. I can’t help but think if Madders scores that pen Everton’s morale is shattered after having the balance of the play and 2 down. As it is…

So many times Thomas has looked for an out ball down the line but Harvey has headed far infield, he did the same to Kristianson in recent games It makes the left  back look hesitant and uncertain as they swivel and play it back or sideways but it comes from Harvey not making a viable angle for him. 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And he took the ball from tielemans who can score from the spot

Missed a few lately though IIRC. I'd have been most confident with Vardy which probably says a lot about the state of our penalty takers because I always feel he just hammers it and hopes for the best lol

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

They’ve squeezed us in midfield and we are struggling to get control of rhe game. We have to get more bodies in there. Our luck will run out if they keep having so much of the ball in our half. 

I think N'didi is well off it, as usual. However, we can't risk Soumare on a yellow, and with how direct Everton are, and the amount of corners and freekicks we are gifting them, we can't really lose N'didi in the air. Mendy or Dewsbury-Hall for Soumare I reckon. Hopefully they can help us keep hold of the ball in the middle 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It was very unfortunate, but I’m not convinced it was even a foul. Hope Coleman is okay, top pro. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I dont have a problem with the little stunt. Especially given Tielemans is something of a liability from the spot as he literally always goes the same spot. 

But Vardy is on the pitch and is on fire. Why is it even a debate. 

He should have taken it. 100% it'd be game over right now if he had. 

Completely agree Vardy should take it, but this wasn't Youri bottling it or Maddison being selfish it was agreed in the dressing room and I would assume Smith's decision.

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Everton dominated the half but that should have finished them off. If we lose from here it will be no more than we deserve. Pathetic! 

They didn’t really though, they hassled non-stop, but still ended up with less shots on target, so….  :dunno: