Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

Was concerned how gassed some of our senior players were at the end.

Madders' pass for Vardy's goal was world class but after that he was trying too hard, looking for the Hollywood pass when a quicker more direct pass would have been a better option. Vardy needed to have over ruled him for the pen too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Wish I could be as optimistic...

We've just played the worst 2 teams in the league and made them look much better than us. Even if we beat Fulham who are far better than those we then need points from Liverpool or Newcastle.

We’re still in serious trouble. But if you’d have offered us this position going into the final 4 games a few weeks ago I imagine most would have snapped your hand off. 

If we beat Fulham (a big if admittedly) we won’t need points from Newcastle or Liverpool. They’d be bonus points. 35 points with our GD should be enough so 3 points at Fulham would mean a win on the final home game would be enough. As I say, if we can’t do that we don’t deserve to be in the league. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dunno what to make of that tonight. So far under Smith there's so much chaos going on that I just don't see how this team prevents the opposition from having a shit load of chances and can play with enough quality to get our noses in front and then dominate to victory.

Liverpool and Newcastle will absolutely destroy this type of football, which means we are going to have to pull a rabbit out a hat next Monday vs Fulham. 

Iversen was simply phenomenal tonight and Soumare was excellent. A few others did pretty well in patches such as Vardy but 1st half Castagne was shocking and 2nd half Thomas declined after a decent 1st half. Barnes, Maddison, Faes were utter garbage. 

We are very very capable of going down, if we don't it's because the others around us won't win more than 1 more game in the remaining 4 games and even then we need to sharpen up to get one across the line.

This is gut wrenching at times but at least we've got some fight. The malaise and rot is so deep though we haven't been able to quickly snap out of it and have the quality to beat two abysmal sides in Leeds and Everton.

Well we gone from been conceding lots of goals to barely having any chances to conceding lots of goals and now also scoring ourselves.  So I will take that improvement.

I expect the priority in training has been to lift spirits and to encourage play that gives us chances.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Deserve to go down.  Oh dear that’s it I’m afraid.  Well done Madders

So you're going to give up with us out of the relegation zone? Give me strength. Attitude like this makes Maddison look like a mentality monster. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dunno what to make of that tonight. So far under Smith there's so much chaos going on that I just don't see how this team prevents the opposition from having a shit load of chances and can play with enough quality to get our noses in front and then dominate to victory.

Liverpool and Newcastle will absolutely destroy this type of football, which means we are going to have to pull a rabbit out a hat next Monday vs Fulham. 

Iversen was simply phenomenal tonight and Soumare was excellent. A few others did pretty well in patches such as Vardy but 1st half Castagne was shocking and 2nd half Thomas declined after a decent 1st half. Barnes, Maddison, Faes were utter garbage. 

We are very very capable of going down, if we don't it's because the others around us won't win more than 1 more game in the remaining 4 games and even then we need to sharpen up to get one across the line.

This is gut wrenching at times but at least we've got some fight. The malaise and rot is so deep though we haven't been able to quickly snap out of it and have the quality to beat two abysmal sides in Leeds and Everton.

It's hard to pick a midfield to get any sort of control in a game. Maddison should almost be thought of as an attacker not a midfielder. I don't know how we find a better balance. Only thing I'd say with Liverpool and Newcastle we likely go 3-5-2, an I'd say drop one of Barnes/Maddison and play one of the two with Vardy. We need to be more solid defensively and try and stay in the game. No point having good possession players with 25-30% of the ball, let's deal with the 75% instead.

Edited by Beachyboy

12 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Vardy bin through everything with us he should of picked that ball up and said this is my time 

He's not a great penalty taker though he just smashes it. Even in the title winning season it was Mahrez. If he had grabbed the ball and said he's taking it neither Tielemans or Madders are stopping him are they let's face it regardless of how much anyone else wanted it. He probably thought Madders had the best chance to score. 

Edited by desertfox2
Vardy.

Just now, lanefox said:

Look at the table and tell me where we are if the season finished today 😮‍💨

But it doesnt finish today it finishes in 4 games against far more difficult opposition than the last 2. 

The point still stands, we’ve wasted a massive opportunity the past two games and put a lot of pressure on ourselves and this team does not handle pressure. 

If Youri shakes his head “not to me, give it to someone else” one more time :mad:. Take responsibility man, when you say no the other option if usually Wilf, space might be tight but you’re still the best option in those situations, it’s no time to hide.

Cags playing how he is knowing he won’t be here next season is amazing and could possibly keep us up he would deserve a massive send off and thank you after Rodgers leaving him out for so long he could have said fk it and not bothered but hasn’t so fair play to him

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

God, there's some weak mentality on here. 

What are you basing your 'strong mentality' on?

The only weak mentality I'm seeing is on the pitch at the King Power.

• Like 2

Why do we make these teams look half decent?

Lowest scorers in the top 4 divisions and they could of had a hat full!

Apart from having a bit of fight we hardly did anything in the final 3rd.

It's alright putting a lotnof effort it, but you've got to have some quality too, and I don't just mean passing it around nicely, actually try and be a threat!!!

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So you're going to give up with us out of the relegation zone? Give me strength. Attitude like this makes Maddison look like a mentality monster. 

Beat Fulham and West Ham and we are safe. Very doable, but we aren't handling pressure well. 

Just now, TonyN11 said:

Could have lost that. A point will have to do.

Another 7 points should do it

That's what I had in mind with  seven to go -- 12 points from seven.

We've gained five points, seven more to go.

Not necessarily likely, but still possible.

Crazy match. Must have been so fun for neutrals. Main takeaways.

- Iversen MOTM by some distance. I’d argue we’d be 7-8 points better off if he played all season. 
- Vardy clearly still has it and is finding form at the right time. 

- Luke Thomas is bad. VK had a stinker against Leeds but we can’t play Thomas again. 
- Bouba vastly improved but was limited 2nd half because of the yellow. I think he should’ve been taken off. 
- Madders stepping up to take the pen strikes me as something he’d do as he sees himself as “one of the senior players” taking responsibility. Tried to make up for it in the 2nd half and it ultimately looked like he was playing pro clubs on FIFA. 
- Is Barnes not fit? Terrible again today and shocking how few times Thomas got forward to help. 
- Cags great before the bump, then average. 
- What’s up with Daka? I hope he’s just following Iheanachos path of being shit for 2 seasons. 

Four to go. Our defence doesn’t make me confident but I hope we can nick a win at Fulham, because at the moment there’s no chance we’re getting anything from Newcastle and Liverpool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

But it doesnt finish today it finishes in 4 games against far more difficult opposition than the last 2. 

The point still stands, we’ve wasted a massive opportunity the past two games and put a lot of pressure on ourselves and this team does not handle pressure. 

Pressure is on other teams BELOW us as well