Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Weak

You can keep saying that but the stats don't lie and we don't look capable of killing a game off, even if it's gifted on a platter. I think we'll all happily eat a *** off humble pie if they manage it but I'm not going to apologise for pessimism given the situation the club has got itself into.

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Was like watching a couple of punch drunk 40 year old boxers in the 12th round of an area title fight for most of it.

Probably very exciting for the neutrals, but not much quality on show. 2 poor sides. 

Tough to survive now. 

Just as tough for Forest, Leeds and Everton though, so we are still in the mix with them. Leeds are down I reckon. 

Forest and Everton can win 2 of their 4, and I'd say we could win 2 of ours as well. 

I am far from optimistic, but neither should Forest or Everton fans be, and they have to out score us on points due to our GD. 

• Like 1

What most of us are saying, they’ll be saying the same. Iversen turned into Kasper for the day.

That’s a big point, considering how well we played last 40 mins. They were dangerous all game too.

Couldn’t have asked for more (penalty aside). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

3 games without defeat now. Maddison scores the penalty, we win. OK, he didn't, unfortunately. Iversen looks solid. We will get the points we need. 

Is that like saying if they take their chances they win?

yes it was a pen, but the XG was very similar 

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

Even the pessimistic bed wetters can't say we're not fighting and giving our all after the past 4 games

If the past 2 games against this dross is ‘our all’ then we really are just a bad football team. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

We’re still in serious trouble. But if you’d have offered us this position going into the final 4 games a few weeks ago I imagine most would have snapped your hand off. 

If we beat Fulham (a big if admittedly) we won’t need points from Newcastle or Liverpool. They’d be bonus points. 35 points with our GD should be enough so 3 points at Fulham would mean a win on the final home game would be enough. As I say, if we can’t do that we don’t deserve to be in the league. 

Totally agree but it's only us positive ones who can see that we're the only team at the bottom who have put an unbeaten run together. We have also scored in every game since Deano has arrived. If we can just learn to shut up shop we will have a real chance of  staying up. We definitely didn't feel we had a real chance of staying up after the Bournemouth game. 

5 minutes ago, WhispyWizard said:

Can we please please please stop playing Barnes please

And play who?, Love it when people say please can we stop playing a key player and then not say a suitable replacement... Get in the bin 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Keep relying on Tielemans and Maddison, they’ve been passengers for weeks.

Again..that’s why..

Tonight should of been their night..Never never demand taking over a penalty.

knee-jerk from me at the moment,but we had 3 goals in this game Maddison

couldnt convert the obvious as we were on top…Gutted for our loyal honest fans.

We live to fight another day…

hoping praying our GD is still the point that keeps us up.

Football is a crazy game,but maybe now less of our  fans expecting our survival,so which ever way it falls. Tonight was our one big chance of pushing away, that penalty descision ,has to have been decided,instead of any confrontation…

poop poor..poor.

I like you Madders,but you screwed up today…and you have to carry the can.

You and Barnes owe us 4 games…Liverpool,Newcastle have to be pointed..

Deano..needs.  to get Mendy back in…

I feel more confident, we should be playing with 3 CBs and Kristiansen…

Iversen

Souttar. Faes. Soyuncu

Mendy

.    Praet          Kristiansen            

Soumare    KdH

Tete/Daka.    Vardy. 

We can’t seem to stop Teams scoring and taking the game forward…

Always Hoping that Tielemans,Maddison ,Ndidi Barnes can work wonders

Get some grafters in..

The 3 from 4  can come on as super subs..

Sick of them not getting their acts together, over last 10 games..

and the actual ones making big mistakes. Bench the 4 of them .!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Anyone can miss a penalty, it happens. What frustrated me about Madders was him constantly holding on to the ball for too long in the second half.

His back pass against Bournemouth and this tonight do have the potential to cost us massively.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

What most of us are saying, they’ll be saying the same. Iversen turned into Kasper for the day.

That’s a big point, considering how well we played last 40 mins. They were dangerous all game too.

Couldn’t have asked for more (penalty aside). 

I just wish we'd go for the throat when we have the upper hand, when the opposition are labouring. 

12 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I like the positivity, but in this case I disagree. He was trying Hollywood passes all second half, so keen to be the hero it got in the way of any meaningful link-up play.

Really frustrating and immature performance in a big game against a defence he has the ability to unlock.

He was trying too much ALL the time. Just move it quickly sometimes, especially when you aren’t really doing much when you keep forcing it. 

• Like 4

Today just sums up our season. We look a threat going forward but we're just way too open. How you concede that many chances to a team like Everton is ridiculous. And the way we start games has been a problem for 2 years now. Unless we can find a couple of clean sheets over the remaining games I just don't see us staying up. 

Smith said "Worst Performance since I've been here" hopefully that is the end of the Luke Thomas experiment then.

Madders hung onto the ball way to long all game. 

That was most certainly a point earned, not two points dropped. Iversen massive

• Like 1