Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

12 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

When I take a look at our remaining fixtures, I have a hard time sharing your optimism.

I think it’s more of a case of trying to stay positive than being optimistic.. if we are all doom and gloom now than we stand no chance. We’re upto 16th based on a vastly superior goal difference… so we still have a fighting chance!

• Like 1

Guest nathan.

Everton played well

We played average (Iversen was unreal)

Pickford had pen notes on his bottle that made the difference. 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Genuinely, when was the last time Everton were made to look that good over 90 minutes??

Rinse and repeat for pretty much every team we've faced this season.

It's heartbreaking but we deserve to drop, we've been vile all season 

'Genuinely, when was the last time ^Insert any crap team^ were made to look that good over 90 minutes??'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Genuinely, when was the last time Everton were made to look that good over 90 minutes??

That’s difficult to argue against. We made them look brilliant yet they’ve  won once away all season 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Smith saying on RL that Nacho followed by Madders is the pen taker. Which makes no sense as Tielemans picked up the ball. And 136 goal Jamie Vardy is on the pitch.

Nowadays 99% of the time, someone who isn't taking the penalty picks up the ball. Then when the opposition have stopped causing drama and left the box they give the ball to the actual taker. 

As soon as he gave it to Maddison I was thinking why not Vardy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Disasterclass of a season starting from the weird non-transfer window in the summer. Naively hoping at least some lessons are learned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I think it’s more of a case of trying to stay positive than being optimistic.. if we are all doom and gloom now than we stand no chance. We’re upto 16th based on a vastly superior goal difference… so we still have a fighting chance!

Have to beat Fulham! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What most of us are saying, they’ll be saying the same. Iversen turned into Kasper for the day.

That’s a big point, considering how well we played last 40 mins. They were dangerous all game too.

Couldn’t have asked for more (penalty aside). 

If you look at form I’d say it’s close but Everton fought hard today and so are we under Smith and we have had some good performances from players who have been frozen out for most of the season. Namely Iversen Cags soumare and even Vardy. I think Everton will win their home game against bournemouth and if they play like tonight I think they could just do enough. Likewise I fancy us to compete well against Fulham and hopefully something against Liverpool and more likely West Ham  in the last game. Leeds and forest look slightly more likely to struggle. Hard to call but we can’t throw in the towel till the final whistle blows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He's not a great penalty taker though he just smashes it. Even in the title winning season it was Mahrez. If he had grabbed the ball and said he's taking it neither Tielemans or Madders are stopping him are they let's face it regardless of how much anyone else wanted it. He probably thought Madders had the best chance to score. 

How tho teliemans always bin a better pen taker than maddison and vardy has missed a few but hes scored alot 

Quite rightly people will point to Madders awful peno, and Vards’ huge opportunity to make it 3-1. If either of those go in, it’s game over.

Unfortunately, I don’t now see us getting enough points to stay up now. We simply are as bad as Leeds, Forest & Everton and unfortunately, I don’t see us picking up another 3pts until potentially the last game of the season, but if we need to win that to stay up then I think severe flatulence will get in our way as we don’t have any genuine leaders who can handle the pressure. We’ll crumble. And the truth is, we simply are, pretty awful!

2 minutes ago, Taz_The_Fox said:

Smith said "Worst Performance since I've been here" hopefully that is the end of the Luke Thomas experiment then.

Madders hung onto the ball way to long all game. 

That was most certainly a point earned, not two points dropped. Iversen massive

Out foxed, lost most of the 50/50 balls. Maddison trying to be too clever. They looked far more dangerous when they attacked, we still try to walk it in the net. No plan, no structure, no tactical ideas,. Pretty obvious Smith is not the answer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Everton played well

We played average (Iversen was unreal)

Pickford had pen notes on his bottle that made the difference. 

I dare say he had faced a few from Maddison in training at the World Cup too.  Just heard Smiths explanation of why Vardy didn't take it. He said because Vardy hadn't scored at home for a year, and yet he had scored at Leeds and scored tonight 10 minutes earlier. Utterly baffling, almost Rodgers baffling!!

In the context of the game I'd say a point gained. We make other teams create chances. 

We've done well at times tonight but still looked the worst team. 

I want to believe we can survive but I'm struggling to believe we have the stability and strength to do so. 

I don't even remember Maddison ever taking a penalty In a game for Leicester. Probably because he's at least 4th choice. My order from the 11 would of been 1)Youri 2) Vardy 3) Cags 4) Maddison. I don't know why but I reckon Cags would of just smashed it wouldn’t any of the others to step up.

Edited by Beachyboy

43 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We seem to give shit teams a performance to be proud of. First Leeds, now these guys. Too many mistakes as usual. I thought the full backs and Tielemans were particularly poor. Daka needs a year in the gym. Incredibly frustrating - he’s like Okazaki without the smile.

On the plus side - Iverson is a number 1. Moronic decision not to play this guy. He seems to be growing into the role as well. Vardy is back - he can’t play 90 mins - obviously.

Overall it’s two points dropped. Fulham is going to be tough but the run after that is horrible. I don’t think we get our self safe with a flurry. We may limp over.  

Wrong…Soton,Bournemouth,Palace, then Leeds & Everton..

I said it earlier tonight, if it’s shithousery,I‘ll swallow my pride and take just more points than the other candidates…Southampton will battle even on last day,Bournemouth won’t go to the beach,it’s where they live…So our fellow strugglers

wont be handed any points….but those lost 4pts ,we didn’t prepare on and off the field….

Fulham a bogey team,we need again to turn up..

God I hate Mondays,more than Taylor hated Orange..

A truly honking game. Two sides that probably between them have half a billion pounds worth of transfer fees at their disposal and they serve up a Championship kick and rush slug fest. 

Reckon we drop now. Maddison with an absolutely unforgivable penalty trying to massage the ego. Oh well at least he came over to throw his arms around at the Kop at the end for a photo for Instagram.

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Quite rightly people will point to Madders awful peno, and Vards’ huge opportunity to make it 3-1. If either of those go in, it’s game over.

Unfortunately, I don’t now see us getting enough points to stay up now. We simply are as bad as Leeds, Forest & Everton and unfortunately, I don’t see us picking up another 3pts until potentially the last game of the season, but if we need to win that to stay up then I think severe flatulence will get in our way as we don’t have any genuine leaders who can handle the pressure. We’ll crumble. And the truth is, we simply are, pretty awful!

We just done know-maybe your right but only a fool would say for sure

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Have to beat Fulham! 

Fulham have absolutely nothing to play for. They are 5 points behind the team above them and 5 ahead of the team beneath them.. it’s possible that todays game could be considered more troublesome as Everton were fighting for their lives.

• Like 2