Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

53 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

What is it with us and penalties. 

knockaert

kermogant

maddison now

horrible

No ..history shows others suffer also, it’s our own club,so it’s easy to pick up,and remember..

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I dare say he had faced a few from Maddison in training at the World Cup too.  Just heard Smiths explanation of why Vardy didn't take it. He said because Vardy hadn't scored at home for a year, and yet he had scored at Leeds and scored tonight 10 minutes earlier. Utterly baffling, almost Rodgers baffling!!

If Vardy had wanted that penalty he'd of got it, you'd think he'd of been buzzing having already scored.

If its time to see who you want in the trench with you, most of the whiners on FT can take a hike. Yes were in deep shit. Yes we coulda woulda shoulda.  but we didn’t. The only thing that matters is what we do next. We’re still in it and most of those around us would want to be in our position not theirs 

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't even remember Maddison ever taking a penalty In a game for Leicester. Probably because he's at least 4th choice. My order from the 11 would of been 1)Youri 2) Vardy 3) Cags 4) Maddison. I don't know why but I reckon Cags would of just smashed it wouldn’t any of the others to step up.

I do. Maddison missed one a decisive one against Cardiff in the PL. 

We are done. Utterly brainless at times some of these players 

23 minutes ago, lanefox said:

And play who?, Love it when people say please can we stop playing a key player and then not say a suitable replacement... Get in the bin 

No wingers, we have zero good wingers. If you consider Barnes a key player, we are getting relegated.

Play Vardy and Daka up front with Madders behind, there's your front 3.

Edited by WhispyWizard

Just now, Beachyboy said:

If Vardy had wanted that penalty he'd of got it, you'd think he'd of been buzzing having already scored.

According to Smith Vardy wasn't on pens, so wasn't vardys choice. Smith said if Nacho had played he would have took it, Maddison was the next choice. 

I called a draw before the game. Watching Dycheball is horrible, but it allowed them to bully us really. Its was predictable, and Dyche didn't disappoint.  I hope Everton go down and we never see him in the Premier league again. Its utter sh1te. 

I think i need to sleep on it all really. Cags and Iversen magnificent, Soumare and Vardy good - Ndidi, Youri, Barnes and Thomas really poor.  

But the elephant in the room is Madders. He cares too much to the point its a detriment. Slows down play when he doesn't need to, and his twists and turns are pleasing, but they just allow the opponents to get bodies in the box and our guys just stand there waiting for him. He's at his best when playing it quickly as he did for Vards goal. But he doesn't do this enough. Deano got his work cut out here, because he needs Madders to approach the next 4 games differently.

Deano got 5 points from 3 games. And, as sh1t as the whole thing was, its SOOOO much better than the crap Rodgers was serving up.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

An embarassment to the Premier league, people must have thought they were watching one of those Chinese or Arab league matches full of hair brushing, posing stars of yesteryear

Geat fun though.

Lucky for us there are so many awful teams that might do even worse than us and save us from the relegation our bunch of overpaid underskilled zombies richly deserve.

ps , worst penalty i ever saw, why didn`t Vardy take it

We should have been 4-1 up at half time.

2nd half we never created anything other than 1/2 chances.

Gave the Ball away too often and too easily.

It's hard to see us survive with the amount of times we just pass to the opposition.

Still anything is possible.

• Like 1

Not as convinced we are doomed as others. Fixture wise you would say Leeds are in a massive spot of bother and then it’s a toss up between Us, Everton and Forest.

That said, if you don’t beat Leeds and then Everton at home it’s hardly encouraging for what’s to come.

10 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I dare say he had faced a few from Maddison in training at the World Cup too.  Just heard Smiths explanation of why Vardy didn't take it. He said because Vardy hadn't scored at home for a year, and yet he had scored at Leeds and scored tonight 10 minutes earlier. Utterly baffling, almost Rodgers baffling!!

I think it’s more to deflect blame away from Maddison. I could be wrong but I suspect Madders took the situation and Deans trying to protect him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yes, I completely agree. It’s fine to say that he is talented on his day, I get that, but he isn’t alone in that department (especially at this level).

As harsh as this might sound, players are ultimately both judged and remembered for delivering in big moments. It’s partially why Vardy and Mahrez are so widely liked in our fanbase.

If you looked at his technical ability then Maddison is a great player. But seasons aren’t defined by good goals in games that we have lost. You need players to turn up in those crucial matches, he just doesn’t do that enough IMO.

We've taken points in 12 games Maddison has started this season. In 10 of those games Maddison has scored or assisted. Without him we are bottom of the league with no chance of survival. It wasn't his best game tonight but the best period we had was when he was on the ball. He needs to play every minute of the last 4 games for us to have any chance of staying in this league

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't even remember Maddison ever taking a penalty In a game for Leicester. Probably because he's at least 4th choice. My order from the 11 would of been 1)Youri 2) Vardy 3) Cags 4) Maddison. I don't know why but I reckon Cags would of just smashed it wouldn’t any of the others to step up.

Maddison took 2 penalties for us in 2018/19. Scored at Bournemouth. Missed at home to Cardiff.

Iversen with a worldie performance literally kept us in the game. We looked good in small patches but Everton had the better and more dangerous chances. The pen would have been the turning point for us but that was a shocking effort from Maddison.

We couldn’t afford to lose, neither could Everton, but damn that’s very disappointing. Another opportunity missed, just like the Leeds game.

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Ashdav86 said:

Really think he could be a great manager in the future

Also his punditry isn't bad either

Very intelligent man.

Would love to see him manage Leicester one day.