Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

56 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Iverson - MOTM

Cags - Another good match.

Maddison - Cost us the match, potentially might be the 2 points needed to stay up.

Luke Thomas- Not great, targeted as expected.

Castagne- Silly individual error cost us the first goal.

Daka - Useless no change.

Barnes - Failed to deliver anything, meaningful.

Tielmans - Was he even playing?

Vardy - Was well up for it.

Overall it was a good match for the Neutrals, however it was a match that we should have won, especially at home, we lose the next match which is more likely, Fulham at Craven Cottage, we need to prepare for the Championship that's the realism of our predicament.

Faes? 

Soumare? 

Just now, MancFox24 said:

We've taken points in 12 games Maddison has started this season. In 10 of those games Maddison has scored or assisted. Without him we are bottom of the league with no chance of survival. It wasn't his best game tonight but the best period we had was when he was on the ball. He needs to play every minute of the last 4 games for us to have any chance of staying in this league

Yes overall

However we've won 1 out of the last 12 games

The only one we won he didn't play

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Before tonight I honestly thought Dean Smith had sorted our defence out. Now I’m not sure he has. We looked SO open in both halves with both set ups. The midfield was being bypassed with absolute ease. I don’t think the back 4 necessarily had a bad game and Iversen had an absolutely worldie (thank god). But what the hell was going on infront of them? The midfield was just non existent all night. If Everton weren’t so shit, we’d have lost that. 

If your midfield isn’t holding its own all game,I don’t think you can have a go at the defence….Often a problem all season, including unforced mistakes originating from

a midfield area.

5 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

If its time to see who you want in the trench with you, most of the whiners on FT can take a hike. Yes were in deep shit. Yes we coulda woulda shoulda.  but we didn’t. The only thing that matters is what we do next. We’re still in it and most of those around us would want to be in our position not theirs 

Indeed, 16th is better than 18th! Goal difference could be critical. I would like to see at least one clean sheet. I cannot remember the last one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Fulham have absolutely nothing to play for. They are 5 points behind the team above them and 5 ahead of the team beneath them.. it’s possible that todays game could be considered more troublesome as Everton were fighting for their lives.

Absolutely. I always had a fear about today's game, as I knew Everton were going to bully us and not stop coming. Fulham are a team that could easily roll over if we play better than today. I also think our players will prefer playing away for such a high pressure game, so they don't feel the nervous energy from 32k fans. 

I thought we would mess up today, so a 2-2 and an away win at Fulham, means we would likely only need 1 win from our last 3... Most likely West Ham, as Newcastle and Liverpool will likely steamroll our defence. Again though, Newcastle should be well clear in the Champions League by then and may drop their intensity. Clutching at straws to stay optimistic, but it happens! 

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

Players. Do. The. Switch. At. Penalties. To. Try. To. Confuse. The. Keeper. 

That it didn’t work doesn’t mean it was a bad tactic. And it doesn’t mean Madders was being cocky. 

Amazes me how most of our moronic fan base cannot work this out. 

It's basic stuff. 

We actually play better without Barnes and Maddison. I'd drop the pair of them. Thomas cannot start again. Yes Kristianson isn't amazing at the moment but he's still a long way better than Thomas. How Ndidi keeps on getting a game ahead of Mendy I just do not know. 

• Like 2

Cheer up lads, even if we fail to improve on that shocking performance tonight against the worst attack in the league (Iverson stood on his head for Christ's sake!) we still have a chance of staying up if two from Leeds, Forest and Everton fail to pick up any more points.and Southampton continue to be crap! What a shower of ****. The club needs a clearout from top to bottom.  

To be honest I can't remember the last time Everton played that well, we just couldn't handle Calvert Lewin, McNeil and Iwobi. Very odd decision to start Luke Thomas, who  was his usual shite self. Ndidi offers nothing, and Barnes was woeful, should have been pulled much earlier. It's two points dropped in a must win, but just like the Leeds game, could easily have lost aswell to another poor side. No chance we beat Newcastle or Liverpool have to hope we can scrape something out of Fulham and West Ham.

• Like 1

Interesting for me those putting the biggest shift in and over the last couple of games are the returnees, Vardy & Cags.

Why did the rest looked shagged the last 10??

Everton were quite reasonably the better side.

Win tonight & another 3pts and we would have been safe.

Now we are looking for points vs Liverpool and Newcastle, very unlikely.

Thomas, got rinsed as most did by Iwobi & why do we persevere with Wilf???  That was the team for next Monday not a home game where we needed to enforce our home advantage and better football quality.

We haven't got an upset result probably since West Ham in  November, Villa yes but we had the new player bounce and Spurs but they had a meltdown in that game, can't see Liverpool or Newcastle doing that.

We seemed determined to make it VERY VERY hard for ourselves.

Any run of form for Forest, Leeds or Everton and we are gone coz I don't see us doing it.

2-1 up and a shot at the keeper only from 12 yds, it would have won us the game, they only scored 1 more, we would have won 3-2, not going well for him as he handed Bournemouth the win here.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Players. Do. The. Switch. At. Penalties. To. Try. To. Confuse. The. Keeper. 

That it didn’t work doesn’t mean it was a bad tactic. And it doesn’t mean Madders was being cocky. 

Rubbish. How many teams do this? No matter what, Vardy should be taking that penalty. If he misses then fair enough. This wasn't the time for 'switcherroonies' ffs Pickford even had it on his water bottle! If you're going to switch it put it in the corner madders! 

• Like 3

These set of players are weak mentally and physically. They just ain’t able to compete against sides who get into them.

Also what is with us passing about outside their box doing nothing with it which eventually leads to us being countered and them creating a good chance. Happened time and time again!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think they will beat Southampton and a Palace team already on holiday last game of season. Gives them 6 points 

Think Everton will take a lot from tonight and win those two games you mentioned. 

Leeds are down. We have to get 6 points, 2 wins out of 4 to stay up I think. 

Giving these team points after losing so many, seems to be hoping & rushing Leicester down..Others haven’t been doing well away from playing us..

Though we have to grab unexpected points, and everyone will be thinking the same.

Who holds their game,who can turn it to their advantage,  5 teams still shitting it.

33 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

I just wish we'd go for the throat when we have the upper hand, when the opposition are labouring. 

I think we did. Daka for N’Didi showed that. We were really good IMO. Especially at 2-2. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Rubbish. How many teams do this? No matter what, Vardy should be taking that penalty. If he misses then fair enough. This wasn't the time for 'switcherroonies' ffs Pickford even had it on his water bottle! If you're going to switch it put it in the corner madders! 

I've seen quite a few teams do it recently. I don't believe it's to confuse the keeper as was previously stated. It's so the eventual taker can remove himself from all the mind games going on and opponents trying to put him off.

• Like 1

I feel better than I did before the game. Everyone in the relegation battle dropped points this weekend, aside from Everton they all dropped more than us. We started the weekend in the relegation zone and we finish it in 16th. Two draws from these two games isn’t ideal but it’s far from the end of the world. If we go down it won’t be down to tonight, they gave everything they could and we played the best team we could, it’d have a lot more to do with the months of not playing an actual goalkeeper or our best CB.

I’m just relieved to actually find myself caring again.

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

No but his penalty was fvcking shit

Should have been a non England player to take it. It's kinda the Harry Kane/Lloris scenario. Pickford had Madders marked as 'down the middle' for pens on his water bottle. 

Feels a bit two dropped but the biggest story of the evening is that that little goblin persisted with a sack of wet sand in goal all season over Iversen. Infinitely better than a man made of ****ing lard.

The board keeping the clap shagger will do us and they deserve eggs thrown at their heads man. It's all on Rudkin, Whelan and Top. All of which will be here next season. Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

Doubting myself but I don’t feel as negative as many on here clearly do. We’re up to 16th with a much superior goal difference. Leaves us in the best position out of the bottom 5.  

The task is simple: match the points of 3 of the 4 sides below us. Easier said than done yes but if we can’t do that we don’t deserve to stay in the league. 

Let’s stay positive and go to Fulham who hopefully will have a foot on the beach. 

Fulham don’t have a beach….