Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

25 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

If you look at form I’d say it’s close but Everton fought hard today and so are we under Smith and we have had some good performances from players who have been frozen out for most of the season. Namely Iversen Cags soumare and even Vardy. I think Everton will win their home game against bournemouth and if they play like tonight I think they could just do enough. Likewise I fancy us to compete well against Fulham and hopefully something against Liverpool and more likely West Ham  in the last game. Leeds and forest look slightly more likely to struggle. Hard to call but we can’t throw in the towel till the final whistle blows. 

My thoughts exactly, looked like 2 half decent teams tonight. Whether that’s due to the relative quality of the opposition or not, I don’t know. 

It was a good game, both teams tried to win in their own way. Can’t really complain. They’ll feel as hard done by as us. 

Just now, KP Fox said:

Should have been a non England player to take it. It's kinda the Harry Kane/Lloris scenario. Pickford had Madders marked as 'down the middle' for pens on his water bottle. 

Deffo agree! I hate this lethargic penalty taking, think Vardy could of took it as been out the setup a while and at least he or even Youri would of hammered it and if it’s saved then must be a good save but that was pathetic from Madders

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

Fulham have absolutely nothing to play for. They are 5 points behind the team above them and 5 ahead of the team beneath them.. it’s possible that todays game could be considered more troublesome as Everton were fighting for their lives.

This notion that teams who have nothing to play for are gonna just roll over. They are where they are in the table, as we are, because they are a lot better than us. We will have to great guns to get anything there, don’t see it myself as they are a much better side than we are.

We can’t beat awful teams like Leeds & Everton, so can’t see how or why we would turn up to Craven Cottage and beat them! Obviously hope I’m wrong, just don’t see it … at all.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Dominic Calvert-Lewin makes a massive difference to Everton, gave our back line a tough time.

Yes he did. As a team they are quite difficult to predict. Iwobi epitomises that. You never quite know what he is going to do next. There is good and bad in that but it makes them dangerous if you get them on a good day or night. All of the team fighting for survival are a bit like that and probably why they are down there. I can see a few surprise results coming and there will be some twists to come. Might as well enjoy the ride to the extent you can. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

Just now, MalletFox said:

This notion that teams who have nothing to play for are gonna just roll over. They are where they are in the table, as we are, because they are a lot better than us. We will have to great guns to get anything there, don’t see it myself as they are a much better side than we are.

We can’t beat awful teams like Leeds & Everton, so can’t see how or why we would turn up to Craven Cottage and beat them! Obviously hope I’m wrong, just don’t see it … at all.

We didn’t beat Soton this season but are better than them going by the table, sometimes it’s all on the day, we have enough capable players that if they managed to have a good game we could get something there

9 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Indeed, 16th is better than 18th! Goal difference could be critical. I would like to see at least one clean sheet. I cannot remember the last one.

100%.

tbf and maybe it’s wrong to say it, but our troubles have 100% re-energised my enthusiasm which was beginning to be tested due to the overwhelming mediocrity. I’m terrified, on the verge of a heart attack and loving it 

3 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Should have been a non England player to take it. It's kinda the Harry Kane/Lloris scenario. Pickford had Madders marked as 'down the middle' for pens on his water bottle. 

Yes, should have been Tielemans.

But it isn't that penalty that put us in this place, it was all the shite performances under Rodgers with no Soyuncu or Iverson. 

The team have played 3 in a 10 days and were visibly flagging second half. Should have had Praet, Kristiansen and Mendy on at 60 min, not left too late.

• Like 1

Cags goal, direct Vardy goal. Iversen’s shot stopping. Lovely stuff.

Tielemans I can’t wait to see that back of him, so sloppy, give the ball away so easily. He’s got delusions of grandeur if he thinks he’s good enough for topclubs in top competitions.

Maddison likewise. Please, just **** off. Tottenham would suit, with Rodgers.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jacnah said:

100%.

tbf and maybe it’s wrong to say it, but our troubles have 100% re-energised my enthusiasm which was beginning to be tested due to the overwhelming mediocrity. I’m terrified, on the verge of a heart attack and loving it 

Yes, it was a great match tonight. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Needed a bit more quality but so much better to watch than Rodgersball.

Come on! Get behind the lads! We go one down and where was the come on Leicester? We've all got far to comfortable in the Premier League. Far to it's his fault. If only he made this decision.

This was our reality for many a year. It will take everything to survive. It will take you! Stop feeling so grumpy and just get behind the lads. We go one down we rally the lads. We let them know we are here. 

We are clearly two players short of being OK. We are short on the right of midfield and in the middle of the park. We are finding out way under our new leadership. Yet we should have won against a far more established team. 

We have to be those two missing players.

I'm so fed up of everyone moaning about this and that. If it continues Forest will stay up and we will go down. Simply because Forest have their supporters behind them no matter what. 

This is your rallying call. Get behind them. Drive them on. Believe. Remember going one down a against Liverpool at home. Remember the rally behind the team. Remember the result? We won. It's down to us. I truly believe we will be the difference if we can drop the entitlement. Our players are better than those behind us. They just need us to believe in them. Get behind them no matter what. Let them know we want it more than any other fan in the league. Come on! We can make this happen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Absolutely. I always had a fear about today's game, as I knew Everton were going to bully us and not stop coming. Fulham are a team that could easily roll over if we play better than today. I also think our players will prefer playing away for such a high pressure game, so they don't feel the nervous energy from 32k fans. 

I thought we would mess up today, so a 2-2 and an away win at Fulham, means we would likely only need 1 win from our last 3... Most likely West Ham, as Newcastle and Liverpool will likely steamroll our defence. Again though, Newcastle should be well clear in the Champions League by then and may drop their intensity. Clutching at straws to stay optimistic, but it happens! 

having rewatched the highlights, I’ll be honest and say part of me is Angry.

im  Angry with Rodgers that Iversen hasn’t played more games. I’m Angry with Rodgers that  Soyuncu hasn’t either.  

im  also Angry with Top/Susan/ Rudkin are letting arguably two of our best players leave on a free. I’m angry because I don’t see how we can recover financially from the whole we gave dug ourselves. How do we replace such significant parts of our team?

Im also Angry of the lack of investment at the beginning of the season and I believe it’s cost us some points.

im also Frustrated. Frustrated that we missed a penalty. I’m Frustrated that Vardy missed two absolute golden chances. 

But I don’t feel defeated. We are 16th and have a massive goal difference particularly over Forest but a significant one over Leeds too.

Theres still a chance.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Yes he did. As a team they are quite difficult to predict. IwobiI epitomises that. You never quite know what he is going to do next. There is good and bad in that but it makes them dangerous if you get them on a good day or night. All of the team fighting for survival are a bit like that and probably while they are down there. I can see a few surprise results coming and there will be some twists to come. Might as well enjoy the ride to the extent you can. 

Brighton and Man City will punish their defence though.

36 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We actually play better without Barnes and Maddison. I'd drop the pair of them. Thomas cannot start again. Yes Kristianson isn't amazing at the moment but he's still a long way better than Thomas. How Ndidi keeps on getting a game ahead of Mendy I just do not know. 

I can see your point. Smith has put emphasis on attack and we looked overrun for parts of the match in midfield. Especially the start of each halves they were winning the midfield battle especially second balls. Tielemans looked slow and not athletic enough as did madders although he did no worse in this aspect than he normally does. On the other side when we did get on the ball for parts of the match we looked quite dangerous. We just need to find that balance. Barnes has been quiet for a few games now and Maddison not so influential since that England game. Kel getting injured has put a spanner in the works though so I think our options have been limited. Smith brought on Daka and his athleticism did make a bit of a difference but he is not quite there technically and can’t carry the ball like soumare. Mendy could be utilised more and I think KDH will figure too. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

We didn’t beat Soton this season but are better than them going by the table, sometimes it’s all on the day, we have enough capable players that if they managed to have a good game we could get something there

You’ve hit the nail on the head, we’re as likely to get no points against Southampton and Bournemouth, so why would we roll Fulham over? I don’t think we’re good enough, and we have too many players with cacky brown stuff in their little pants.

1 minute ago, Product of 84 said:

Come on! Get behind the lads! We go one down and where was the come on Leicester? We've all got far to comfortable in the Premier League. Far to it's his fault. If only he made this decision.

This was our reality for many a year. It will take everything to survive. It will take you! Stop feeling so grumpy and just get behind the lads. We go one down we rally the lads. We let them know we are here. 

We are clearly two players short of being OK. We are short on the right of midfield and in the middle of the park. We are finding out way under our new leadership. Yet we should have won against a far more established team. 

We have to be those two missing players.

I'm so fed up of everyone moaning about this and that. If it continues Forest will stay up and we will go down. Simply because Forest have their supporters behind them no matter what. 

This is your rallying call. Get behind them. Drive them on. Believe. Remember going one down a against Liverpool at home. Remember the rally behind the team. Remember the result? We won. It's down to us. I truly believe we will be the difference if we can drop the entitlement. Our players are better than those behind us. They just need us to believe in them. Get behind them no matter what. Let them know we want it more than any other fan in the league. Come on! We can make this happen.

The crowd at the King Power were behind the team. Was there for all to hear. Even heard them at Man City and Leeds. Don't worry - the players don't get to hear these negative doom and gloomers here on foxestalk. 

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

God, there's some weak mentality on here. 

Comes from the weak mentality shown on the pitch. Tonight with the penalty and every time something goes against us over the the last 18 months.

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Brighton and Man City will punish their defence though.

Yeah I hope so. I thought brighton Brentford and Fulham might be thinking about the beach but in the last couple of games each have shown renewed desire. I just hope other clubs continue to do so. Not against us of course. 

After this weekend set of results, obviously a win would have been great, however a draw isn’t so bad. We are out of the bottom 3, which in it self is a great psychological lift!

Also in matches against relegation vitals teams will lift their game and fight harder. Everton were always going to go for it, cos they know this was an opportunity for them, as well as for us, that’s why’s the game was so open. Fulham play in a less chaotic matter, which should suit and name less open. Vardy scoring again is a big plus!

COYB🏆🏆🏆🏆

• Like 2