Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head, we’re as likely to get no points against Southampton and Bournemouth, so why would we roll Fulham over? I don’t think we’re good enough, and we have too many players with cacky brown stuff in their little pants.

I don’t think Fulham will work as hard and throw the kitchen sink at us like Everton. I just don’t think Fulham away is a guaranteed defeat. Our mentality is the worst thing a bout us if the players can look at that we are out the relegation zone and unbeaten in 3 might see a lift in performance

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Out foxed, lost most of the 50/50 balls. Maddison trying to be too clever. They looked far more dangerous when they attacked, we still try to walk it in the net. No plan, no structure, no tactical ideas,. Pretty obvious Smith is not the answer.

Except in every game since he's been here we've come from behind to pick up points, something Rodgers only managed once all season. The side has more energy and we get the ball forward quicker. Shame he wasn't in for the Villa and Bournemouth games.

At this stage of the season tactical nous is almost irrelevant. Balls are being pinged about all over the place, players are making mistakes you wouldn't see in the Sunday League and every game has pressure on it.

• Like 3

It was a fair result in the end. Ultimately we had a chance to kill the game prior to half time. 3-1 a key players injured and they would have gone off deflated, however we gave them a lift with that embarrassment of a penalty situation. 

It’s a point in the right direction and that’s all we can say. 

All the teams involved are as bad as one another, Vardy is scoring which is key, his goal was lovely tonight, and he showed some evidence that he will score goals for us again. 

I think both us and Everton have just about enough to stay up, Forest and Leeds have some tricky games, so it’s going down to the last few.

Frustrating, but we didn’t lose and that’s the main thing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I don’t think Fulham will work as hard and throw the kitchen sink at us like Everton. I just don’t think Fulham away is a guaranteed defeat. Our mentality is the worst thing a bout us if the players can look at that we are out the relegation zone and unbeaten in 3 might see a lift in performance

Here’s hoping my friend, here’s hoping 🤞🏻 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Cags goal, direct Vardy goal. Iversen’s shot stopping. Lovely stuff.

Tielemans I can’t wait to see that back of him, so sloppy, give the ball away so easily. He’s got delusions of grandeur if he thinks he’s good enough for topclubs in top competitions.

Maddison likewise. Please, just **** off. Tottenham would suit, with Rodgers.

It was a fairly selfish performance, I grant you, though I think he feels the responsibility to make things happen himself.

Tielemans was largely ineffective, and the midfield in general was wide open. Yes, the defence was terrible - Castagne, Faes and above all poor Luke Thomas - but literally any positive ball by the opposition, long or short, had to be dealt with by the CBs. Soumare, Youri, Ndidi just weren't winning their battles, nor even getting close enough to be engaged in a battle in the first place.

In the end, too much depended on the two men at opposite ends of the pitch, in Iversen and Vardy. The likes of Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans are going to have to deliver too, and that defence is going to have to undergo a fundamental rethink if we're to stand a chance.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

Come on! Get behind the lads! We go one down and where was the come on Leicester? We've all got far to comfortable in the Premier League. Far to it's his fault. If only he made this decision.

This was our reality for many a year. It will take everything to survive. It will take you! Stop feeling so grumpy and just get behind the lads. We go one down we rally the lads. We let them know we are here. 

We are clearly two players short of being OK. We are short on the right of midfield and in the middle of the park. We are finding out way under our new leadership. Yet we should have won against a far more established team. 

We have to be those two missing players.

I'm so fed up of everyone moaning about this and that. If it continues Forest will stay up and we will go down. Simply because Forest have their supporters behind them no matter what. 

This is your rallying call. Get behind them. Drive them on. Believe. Remember going one down a against Liverpool at home. Remember the rally behind the team. Remember the result? We won. It's down to us. I truly believe we will be the difference if we can drop the entitlement. Our players are better than those behind us. They just need us to believe in them. Get behind them no matter what. Let them know we want it more than any other fan in the league. Come on! We can make this happen.

I was sat in H block and i can confirm when they went 1 up the noise from the kop G1 and H1 went up a fair few notches

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee Monty said:

I was sat in H block and i can confirm when they went 1 up the noise from the kop G1 and H1 went up a fair few notches

Brilliant. But where was the noise from the rest of the ground. All I got was expletives and entitlement. We have to do better

48 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Quite rightly people will point to Madders awful peno, and Vards’ huge opportunity to make it 3-1. If either of those go in, it’s game over.

Unfortunately, I don’t now see us getting enough points to stay up now. We simply are as bad as Leeds, Forest & Everton and unfortunately, I don’t see us picking up another 3pts until potentially the last game of the season, but if we need to win that to stay up then I think severe flatulence will get in our way as we don’t have any genuine leaders who can handle the pressure. We’ll crumble. And the truth is, we simply are, pretty awful!

So are the others…making those other 4 to be at same level as European candidates,is well above than what they deserve. They are in the same shit we were before our Wolves game…We are all living in hope and a grab at 3pts,which none of delivered when it mattered. No team is on the beach,a nonsense saying proved wrong every season..Even Southampton will fight for pride..and still believe..

• Like 2

Great to be back again, thought the atmosphere was immense and the fans really got behind the team.

Vardy takes that second chance early as in his pomp instead of overdoing it and Maddison scores the penalty, its game over at half time. 

Defensively we literally had Iverson and Soyuncu, thought Thomas was poor and Everton targeted him early on, he had practically no help from Barnes who I thought was poor all evening. Can only think we started Ndidi for his height when defending the inevitable Dyche set plays. 

When Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy link up it's a thing of beauty and in flashes we looked so good, particularly towards the end of the first half.

Iverson MOM, absolutely vital and could well be the saves that keep us up. On the plus side it keeps the unbeaten run going but its a massive case of 'what if?'. 

Edited by Durnerz

13 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

After this weekend set of results, obviously a win would have been great, however a draw isn’t so bad. We are out of the bottom 3, which in it self is a great psychological lift!

Also in matches against relegation vitals teams will lift their game and fight harder. Everton were always going to go for it, cos they know this was an opportunity for them, as well as for us, that’s why’s the game was so open. Fulham play in a less chaotic matter, which should suit and name less open. Vardy scoring again is a big plus!

COYB🏆🏆🏆🏆

That’s how I feel too. Still lots to play for. Tonight was a close match and one that we could have won aided by a stunning performance by our number 1 keeper. At the end of tha day it came down to a penalty shoot out which we lost despite having the better keeper. We still managed a draw despite this. 

1 hour ago, lcfcdamo said:

Vardy bin through everything with us he should of picked that ball up and said this is my time 

...Smith confirmed that because Nacho wasn't on the pitch Maddison was the next on the list for penalties!!!

We cannot keep having such open games, all it does is level the playing field, Everton will be thinking they should have won that game, you would have to agree with that. We have to gain some control in games, try to take the heat out of games, keep hold of the ball and allow our quality players to shine. The big question now for Smith is, how does he take all this tension from our games and not make them a do-or-die situation?

There is a lot of quality in this team, but we better control in games. If we need to press let us press together, win the ball high and force them to go long out of panic. They were bypassing our midfield with calculated play, which put us under so much pressure.

• Like 1

Lucky to have got anything from that, Everton were the better team by a mile and we were horrific but saved by the goalie. Was obvious we needed to change it at half time with how easily they were whipping balls from full back behind our defence but he stuck with it and paid the price. Wingers should of been pushed onto their full backs to stop this. Midfield had zero energy to it and was getting run ragged. Starting Ndidi was just bizarre, bloke is a waste of space, cant pass, no mobility and as nervous as they come. Makes it so much harder for us to break on teams as he takes 10 seconds to get the ball under control before he passes it back to a defender.

Barnes was absolutley dog shit, that 50/50 he pulled out of was unforgiveable. Grow a pair of bollucks you soft twat. Still dont understand how Souttar wasnt preferred to Faes for this. Was obvious Dyche was going to go route one to Calvert Lewin and Souttar is an absolute monster in the air, big mistake there imo.

Good to see Vardy back to his best but we need to be so much better as a team against Fulham. 

Edited by South Shire Fox

What can I say Maddison clear off now bloody useless should have been hooked and the penalty was honking.  Barnes too waste of a shirt, Thomas woeful.

Daka is he really a professional football player?

All of our players look knackered in the final 15 minutes,hanging  on for dear life.  What the hell do they do in training?  Ndidi another one so so poor.

Thank god for Iversen if it wasn't for him we would have lost.  Motm.

I am afraid we are down.  Top, Rudkin, board it's on you all shame.

I totally agree with this. We did favour control under Rodgers to the extent that at times we weren’t prepared to take risk with the ball and forward movement. We need to find that happy medium particularly in midfield. We are also limited by players not available or not in form. Nacho Justin and Ricky being out  hamper us in this respect. 

Driving home thinking about our position and I have no idea of the outcome. Do we have the minerals for this fight? 

Don't think soumare and ndidi  should start together. It didn't help to win the midfield  battle and also didn't suit youri. The left hand side has been terrible for 2 games. Thomas is just not up to it and when the tough get going Barnes hides. We really miss kel up top as daka in my opinion  is just a complete waste of time. Vardy looked sharp but needs releasing faster. We still slow things down too much. When shit walking football  has been hammered into you for so long it must be hard to change it. These last 2 were the games I targeted to get us to safety and we've  dropped four points. Iverson and cags  brilliant again.  Wouldn't have been in this position if top acted sooner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Great to be back again, thought the atmosphere was immense and the fans really got behind the team.

Vardy takes that second chance early as in his pomp instead of overdoing it and Maddison scores the penalty, its game over at half time. 

Defensively we literally had Iverson and Soyuncu, thought Thomas was poor and Everton targeted him early on, he had practically no help from Barnes who I thought was poor all evening. Can only think we started Ndidi for his height when defending the inevitable Dyche set plays. 

When Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy link up it's a thing of beauty and in flashes we looked so good, particularly towards the end of the first half.

Iverson MOM, absolutely vital and could well be the saves that keep us up. On the plus side it keeps the unbeaten run going but its a massive case of 'what if?'. 

Whether it's Thomas, Kristensen, Castagne, Chilwell or JJ,  nobody has shone when they've had Barnes in front of them 🤔, there could be a clue there somewhere? 😁 But, until we crack it, we'll just keep getting on the back of the left backs, they must all be crap.

• Like 1