Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

1 hour ago, MancFox24 said:

We've taken points in 12 games Maddison has started this season. In 10 of those games Maddison has scored or assisted. Without him we are bottom of the league with no chance of survival. It wasn't his best game tonight but the best period we had was when he was on the ball. He needs to play every minute of the last 4 games for us to have any chance of staying in this league

I think you’re missing my point. I am not questioning his ability, it’s clear, he is an excellent footballer.

It’s about how he performs in big moments as that’s what separates the good players from the elite. Look at the breakdown of his goal contributions this season, my feeling is that we would have won the majority even if he had not been in the team

That’s not to say that we are a worse side without him. I agree with the sentiment that he should start the final four games.

However, my challenge is that he doesn’t contribute enough when it really matters. Can you name a time that he has scored a genuine crucial goal for us? Except from PSV, I can’t name any, it’s hardly like it’s a small sample size either as he has been at the club since 2018.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heart was in my mouth for most of that game. Complete chaos. It's not a loss but it feels like a great chance missed, that penalty miss. Awful from maddison. But Iversen made some class saves. Impossible to predict what will happen now. Forest have probably got the easiest fixtures. Leeds have got the hardest. We're all just as bad as each other. It's going to go down to the last game isn't it. God help us.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Driving home thinking about our position and I have no idea of the outcome. Do we have the minerals for this fight? 

Don't think soumare and ndidi  should start together. It didn't help to win the midfield  battle and also didn't suit youri. The left hand side has been terrible for 2 games. Thomas is just not up to it and when the tough get going Barnes hides. We really miss kel up top as daka in my opinion  is just a complete waste of time. Vardy looked sharp but needs releasing faster. We still slow things down too much. When shit walking football  has been hammered into you for so long it must be hard to change it. These last 2 were the games I targeted to get us to safety and we've  dropped four points. Iverson and cags  brilliant again.  Wouldn't have been in this position if top acted sooner.

Thought Smith should of Subbed Victor on earlier as iwobi was terrorising Thomas who couldn’t handle him and was left watching as iwobi equalised, did think Banes has been pretty awful since coming back from injury and Soumare has come on Ten gold since Rodgers left Cags has been immense for an unfit player also must say !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Leaves us needing to beat Fulham away and West Ham last game of the season.

I think we're down

I'd take 4pts now and take my chances on it.

It would mean two of the three below us have to win twice or one win and two draws and if you see there fixtures that's a really tough ask.

• Like 4

I have calmed down somewhat…

But I want to kick every so called fat singing lady I see..

Never want to see Iversen & Ward mentioned in the same post again..

Madders is still that talent,that can turn it for us..

Vardy is our 99% reliable striker,who should always take responsibility on penalties.

Sorry Tielemans,Ndidi and Barnes I would prefer benched,and get some decent grafters in. Mendy is for me a must..Even putting Vardy on the flanks with Daka through the middle,or…>wait for it…<. Play both on the flanks with Souttar taking Nachos place up the middle.. Old formations ,selections ain’t working.

front 5. Quirky but why not,

I have seen successfull Walsh,Cross,Elliot moved Forward,

plus defending at corners.

Iversen
    Castagna Faes Soyuncu

Mendy
        Soumare   KDH/Praet

Maddison

Daka         Vardy
                   Souttar 

We are all frustrated,but in cellar fights nerves , and things not running smooth is part of the Situation & game. We are are stuck with our predicament..It was never going to be easy…Rodgers last 10 months tenure seen to that..

We are Leicester..older fans are more used to it.. Somebody 14yrs beginning on Pearsons first tenure will now be 28…So depends on your Leicester experiences..

But even we old hats suffer…and can’t just cancel those knee-jerk philosophies.

We know Leicester just don’t have it in their DNA to make things easy..

And ffs we can’t half moan..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I'm not. Everyone needs a scapegoat and someone to blame.

I know he missed the pen but that happens to the best.

I thought Madders was our best outfield player, got another assist, and always tried to make things happen. 

Amazed at the hate Maddison is getting, bellends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Imagine playing Ward over him because Ward is better with his feet. Rodgers is a clown. I'd prefer a Goalkeeper that was great with their hands over one that could play with thei feet any day.

Ward only ever needed his feet when he had to go pick up the ball out of the net.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think Everton and Forest can pick up 2 wins out their remaining 4. Can't see Leeds winning any of theirs. 

We need to beat Fulham and West Ham to stay up IMO. 

I'll bet you as much as you want two out of our three rivals won't win two matches between now and the end of the season. If we get 4pts we'll more than likely be fine.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Pretty good result for forest and leeds.

We still picked up a point more than both this weekend than them and if you look at everybody's run in points are very hard to come by especially for the next three games.

Took my son to ten home games this season, I almost feel guilty for putting him through it . I have always believed Leicester will stay up because the teams around them are absolute dog shite ..... It's frustrating because Rodgers has done this and his ego , met him a few times I now wish I had punched him square on the 👃..

Call me deluded but i fancy leicester to draw at Fulham then beat liverpool

Sorry if this is a ramble

Come on city

We’re down. We made a very poor side who are lacking in confidence look good last night. When we really needed it, we flopped. 

can’t see us getting anything from the next 3 games playing like that against some decent teams who will bury us if we gift possession and those chances. 

What has happened to Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison? 2-3 years ago they boss that game. Now they’re stealing a living. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, lcfcell said:

Get to **** James Maddison. Enjoy your big money move 

The blokes got 9 goals and 8 assists in an absolutley dogshit team (including an assist tonight) and thats what youve got because he missed a penalty 🤣. State of some of the drongos in this fanbase, deserve the Championship 

Edited by South Shire Fox

I thought the setup was wrong from DS. The first 20mins of that was like watching Brendanball again.

Madders needs to be in the middle.

Wilf, need to be teleported back to 2 years ago. 

Yori, just dithering too much. 

Luke, was just him again. Containing football. And then has a brain fart. 

My only hope is we haven't been good but still picking up points. I just hope they turn up on the front foot and aggressive, one day. 

Like in every game so far, Smith has got his line up regarding personnel or formation, wrong. This time he couldn’t save things with subs. Thomas shouldn’t have played against the physicality of Iwobi. Souttar should have started also, ahead of Faes. Questioning the inclusion of Ndidi in any game is quite viable, he was below average again this week. 

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

Vardy or Tielemans not taking the pen is the latest bad decision in a season of bad decisions, on and off the pitch.

First pen he's taken for 5 years. Snatching it off the captain who just lets him do it. Fk off with that shit.

Spot on. 

This football club continually makes major bad decisions every few weeks, weather that be letting decent players go, not playing our better players, treating the fans like shit, sacking a manager after an international break with no-one lined up or some other stupid decision. 

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry, no-one seems to have a clue.