Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

My gut reaction to the selection was "that's a bit negative." Not sure why Ndidi needed to be selected, especially after the cavalier approach v Wolves. 

In a way I don't think Fulham will scrap the way Leeds and Everton did and also bang out of form themselves. Back to being Cavalier again please Dean. 

Positives, people, please!

Why not look on the bright side?

There are at least three undeniable positives:

1) We're unbeaten in three. The form team of the relegation battle!

2) We have a goalie.

3) At least two of the worst teams in the  league have to do better than us in the last four games. Everyone's so crap that however crap we do that mignt still not happen.

Baffled at the number of people jumping to the conclusion that Madders snatched the ball from Youri because he was playing for himself and not for the team. Dean Smith has already said that Iheanacho is our penalty taker and when he's not on the pitch, it's Maddison. Whether you agree with that is another matter entirely. Also, when Newcastle got a penalty the other week (can't remember who it was against) Trippier held the ball for ages and looked like the taker before Isak took it off him and buried it. It's just a tactic to try to get in the goalkeeper's head. As if Maddison, in a game of this magnitude, would go against any orders about who takes penalties.

Which brings me to the next point about always having to find a scapegoat. It's absolute weirdo behaviour and sums up the common football fan when things are going badly. I think there's a pattern to who we choose to blame, though. Young, successful players with a bit of arrogance and just a dash of personality. We've seen it before with Chilwell and, to a lesser degree, KDH. Maddison has far and away been our player of the season and the one player we don't want to be without for these last four games. Yes, I get that he's struggling to find form when it really matters, but it's not as if he pulled a Kermo or tried a rabona last night. He just fvcked it up. If Pickford dives, it's a goal. I don't mind people criticising his performance after that miss, because he was bad and he tried way too hard to make up for his error on his own. But all the "fvck off out my club", "he's just playing for himself", "never liked him, never will" stuff is quite frankly embarrassing. We'll miss him when he's gone that's for sure.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Is Pickford allowed to have coaching information written on his drink bottle?  Get him banned!

Initiative.

Csnt stand the guy but do what you need to do.

I'm sure it's not against the law?

9 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Iversen saved us so many times.

Yes we could have won. But on another day they had countless sitters. We could have conceded 5 against a woeful side such as Everton

Iversen kept us in it and a point is probably fair 

Definitely Iversen was outstanding. But if we were 3-1 up, we would not have been so exposed at the back.

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One of the angriest I've been at a performance in months. A good example of why Smith can't have the job full term. 

It was a Championship coach deploying Championship tactics. Just lumping it long and surrendering the initiative is bad against any Premier League team but doing it against a Dyche side was especially stupid.

Doing it against a Dyche side that has averaged a goal every other game all season, is massively short of confidence and is there for the taking was just unforgivable. We coughed up the highest xg they must have created all year, chance after chance let them have. Why? 

Tielemans and Maddison comfortably two of the best ball players anywhere outside the Big Six and even Soumare coming in to some decent form, we could have passed them off the park but oh no. We're just going to keep smashing it long and acting surprised when it comes straight back. 

All of their chances (and but for Iversen's heroics they could have scored a hat full) came from us punting it long and letting them come back at us on a wide open pitch, again and again and again. Completely avoidable. 

And it's not even like that was the players bottling it, that was a deliberate tactical approach. They were doing what they were told and whag they were told was just ridiculous. Smith has been OK up until now, I love that he's put a bit of spirit and fight back in to the squad but last night was, tactically, offensively stupid. 

I think it was good to mix it up with long balls. Much preferred that compared to Rodgerball. I think though as I mentioned in other posts that it was a mistake to start Ndidi, as his inclusion meant that we could not control the midfield and we had to bypass him. As soon as he was subbed off we were much better. 

I think on another day we could have won that. If we did not concede the penalty so early (again) and if we had converted ours, we would have been so happy. I will give Delano the benefit of the doubt, but to me it was his inclusion of Ndidi that created the problem you described.

Edited by Tom12345

41 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Positives, people, please!

Why not look on the bright side?

There are at least three undeniable positives:

1) We're unbeaten in three. The form team of the relegation battle!

2) We have a goalie.

3) At least two of the worst teams in the  league have to do better than us in the last four games. Everyone's so crap that however crap we do that mignt still not happen.

Just a whisper but Vardy's back 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

4/4 and I've got us winning at Fulham and against Liverpool...

Your prediction is literally all the hope I have left.

Yes, it is that bad.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One of the angriest I've been at a performance in months. A good example of why Smith can't have the job full term. 

It was a Championship coach deploying Championship tactics. Just lumping it long and surrendering the initiative is bad against any Premier League team but doing it against a Dyche side was especially stupid.

Doing it against a Dyche side that has averaged a goal every other game all season, is massively short of confidence and is there for the taking was just unforgivable. We coughed up the highest xg they must have created all year, chance after chance let them have. Why? 

Tielemans and Maddison comfortably two of the best ball players anywhere outside the Big Six and even Soumare coming in to some decent form, we could have passed them off the park but oh no. We're just going to keep smashing it long and acting surprised when it comes straight back. 

All of their chances (and but for Iversen's heroics they could have scored a hat full) came from us punting it long and letting them come back at us on a wide open pitch, again and again and again. Completely avoidable. 

And it's not even like that was the players bottling it, that was a deliberate tactical approach. They were doing what they were told and whag they were told was just ridiculous. Smith has been OK up until now, I love that he's put a bit of spirit and fight back in to the squad but last night was, tactically, offensively stupid. 

Not sure it was tactical at all, we just go dragged into playing their game rather then our, which can happen when the pressure is on.

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it’s been said a few times already, but it’s so true and so depressing that we need to keep saying it. If Iversen and Soyuncu had played all season we’d be safe already. Criminal. 

We really don't. We really, really don't.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

think it was good to mix it up with long balls. Much preferred that compared to Rodger all

I knew someone would come out with this in response. 

There's a million miles between RoDgErSbAlL and doing what we did last night. Going direct sometimes? Excellent. Good variation to the game is smart, even Pep's teams know when to exploit an opportunity and go long. 

Lumping it cluelessly straight back to their centre backs every time the keeper or defenders have the ball and just inviting them to come back and dominate the game isn't that. 

And let's be clear about this, we've built a squad for Rodgers football. All of this eye rolling cynical "Rodgersball" shit is fine when it refers to low confidence, passing it around the back four, nobody wanting to take responsibility and no forward penetration. Yeah fine.

But sneering at the idea of keeping it on the deck, building from the back and playing decent football is moronic. That "Rodgersball" holds the record for the highest away win in English football history. That Rodgersball gave us some of the best, most exciting, high scoring football this club has seen in a generation when it was working. Rodgers had many, many flaws and should have been sacked long before he was. But his actual basic approach is great when it works and it suits the players we had. 

I have no problem with Smith coming in and being a bit more direct, mixing it up a bit, but we don't need to entirely reinvent the wheel and we definitely don't need to start playing like cavemen that don't know what a wheel is. 

Playing like a non league side wasn't and isn't the way to beat any team in this league, especially Everton. It was a poor decision. 

• Like 1

Annoying we couldn’t win, but it was more important not to lose. Realistically 4 points will probably be enough.
We aren’t going to stay up because of great performances. We just need to find a way to win one more game.
Stupid criticism of Maddison as he is by far our best player and is the one most likely to help us find that win. 

• Like 1

My theory with Maddison taking the penalty is:

He's just announced him and his partner are expecting twins and he wanted a goal to mark/celebrate the occasion - ball under the shirt, thumb in mouth celebration.

There's no way he was legitimately ahead of Vardy on the takers list.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I knew someone would come out with this in response. 

There's a million miles between RoDgErSbAlL and doing what we did last night. Going direct sometimes? Excellent. Good variation to the game is smart, even Pep's teams know when to exploit an opportunity and go long. 

Lumping it cluelessly straight back to their centre backs every time the keeper or defenders have the ball and just inviting them to come back and dominate the game isn't that. 

And let's be clear about this, we've built a squad for Rodgers football. All of this eye rolling cynical "Rodgersball" shit is fine when it refers to low confidence, passing it around the back four, nobody wanting to take responsibility and no forward penetration. Yeah fine.

But sneering at the idea of keeping it on the deck, building from the back and playing decent football is moronic. That "Rodgersball" holds the record for the highest away win in English football history. That Rodgersball gave us some of the best, most exciting, high scoring football this club has seen in a generation when it was working. Rodgers had many, many flaws and should have been sacked long before he was. But his actual basic approach is great when it works and it suits the players we had. 

I have no problem with Smith coming in and being a bit more direct, mixing it up a bit, but we don't need to entirely reinvent the wheel and we definitely don't need to start playing like cavemen that don't know what a wheel is. 

Playing like a non league side wasn't and isn't the way to beat any team in this league, especially Everton. It was a poor decision. 

Your argument is strong and deserves respect but I can assure you that whatever way we played last night would have been counteracted by Dyche and it was certain to be a very tough match against a team that always gives us problems. If anything will save us , it is by outfighting teams not outplaying them.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

• Thanks 1