Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

10 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

How tho teliemans always bin a better pen taker than maddison and vardy has missed a few but hes scored alot 

Yeah I think Tielemans either bottled it or Maddison convinced him he would score. If Vardy had grabbed the ball nobody would have stopped him but he probably thought Maddison would score too. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamNorthFox said:

Really felt we missed a trick by not playing Mendy in midfield as our midfield really looks out of balance. With him he can pass and do the dirty work so I don’t understand why he was not getting a game! 

He certainly brings an energy level that was sorely missing last night in midfield. Our midfield looked like they were running through treacle.

• Like 1

People forget, our prime ball control team , at the peak of confidence have lost to Everton. Rodgers was then hammered on here for overdoing the  passing game. I don't know why but historically we always struggle against some teams. We only got one point but so did Everton and with our goal difference ,we still have the advantage.

1 hour ago, Oldfox67 said:

I realise KDH lacks prem quality, however, we need some blood and guts for the last four games of the season, and I think he's currently a better option than Ndidi. KDH and Mendy's energy, to disrupt the oppositions midfield and lay the ball off to a Tielemans or Maddisson seems like the logical option, lack of height would be my main worry. Very concerned with a possible lack of fight from a few of the current selection.

KDH brings balance too - That left side needs to be Kristensen, KDH and Barnes 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah he's missed a couple of pens historically, they all have, but Vardy for me would have absolutely buried that last night. I believe that to my core. 

one of them was against spurs when he was subbed on for his first touch - a bizarre decision

Has anyone seen the woman moaning that she got kicked out with her 6 month old baby? Absolute madness. Why would you even think it’s a good idea? Poor from the club they’ve been allowed entry but what goes through some peoples minds?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Has anyone seen the woman moaning that she got kicked out with her 6 month old baby? Absolute madness. Why would you even think it’s a good idea? Poor from the club they’ve been allowed entry but what goes through some peoples minds?

People will do anything for a drop of clout, for her its a win win situation. 

'Look at me I take my 6 month old baby in away ends' 

Or

'Look at me this club won't let me take my 6 month baby in away ends'

I always like to let the dust settle before posting my thoughts so here goes.

Thought we were awful, and the worrying thing is I didn't see a lack of effort but Everton looked so much sharper to the ball than us. We looked knackered. 

Iversen was absolutely class, I'm a huge fan of the lad despite his kicking needing serious work.

Thought castagne was at fault for both goals, and both full backs allowed the cross too often. Centre backs were decent.

Midfield got played through way too often, Youri as a 10 didn't work (how unfit is he by the way). We actually looked more solid once Ndidi was off and youri could dictate play from deeper.

Barnes was pretty abysmal all match, and we have way too much of a reliance on Maddison. Didn't have a great game at all, but can't help but feel so many of our players just play a safe pass to him and hope he produces than take the initiative themselves. 

Vardy good, getting sharper but dropped off from about the hour mark.

Overall, I think we are going down. We allow way too many chances and don't create too many good ones ourselves without the opposition defensively imploding (which Everton tried on numerous occasions)

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

KDH brings balance too - That left side needs to be Kristensen, KDH and Barnes 

Absolutely not....

Can't you see mate? We are in this situation because our primadonna midfield players far too busy dribbling the ball senselessly and not contributing defensively, we are conceding goals week in week out.

We really do not need anymore good for nothing midfielder add to that list at the moment.

Edited by kiwiturk

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Absolutely not....

Can't you see mate? We are in this situation because our primadonna midfield players far too busy dribbling the ball senselessly and not contributing defensively, we are conceding goals week in week out.

We really do not need anymore good for nothing midfielder add to that list at the moment.

Our midfield is too easily over run with Youri and Soumare playing we need to change it up again in my view 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

She claimed on twitter that there was nothing in the club rules about babies not being allowed in the ground. Then when it was pointed out that club rules explicitly state that children under two cannot attend, she started moaning that other clubs are ok with it. So she clearly didn't bother to read the rules and then got into a state of righteous indignation when those rules were enforced.

I just felt watching that match that we needed to play our football on the deck. Everton were always going to win the aerial battle and rarely played any good football on the floor...every time we played on the deck we looked a far superior footballing side.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

He certainly brings an energy level that was sorely missing last night in midfield. Our midfield looked like they were running through treacle.

I just do not see the attraction with Mendy on this forum, we're already one of the least physical and shortest teams in midfield with Youri, Madders and Barnes.

The last thing we need is a 5'5" midfield on the pitch against Everton and Dyche ball.

58 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

She claimed on twitter that there was nothing in the club rules about babies not being allowed in the ground. Then when it was pointed out that club rules explicitly state that children under two cannot attend, she started moaning that other clubs are ok with it. So she clearly didn't bother to read the rules and then got into a state of righteous indignation when those rules were enforced.

she also suggested that "in the stadium" only applies to home fans lol

• Haha 1

I'm not getting drawn in the blame game, frustrating though the end result was. 

What I can report from the (not so) cheap seats is that there are some individuals amongst our fanbase with serious anger issues. Anxiety I understand, the vitriol and appallingly foul, accusatory use of language by those people do not suggest to me that they 'support' the team in any way I understand. 

• Like 2

Reflecting on last night now some of the dust has settled. If our tactic was to invite them on to us, and hit them on the counter - the way the game panned out it was such a high risk tactic. Our midfield was getting overrun, and our box and goal was getting peppered. It was only Iversen who literally saved us from losing really. That said, did the tactic nearly work, given we were a penalty kick away from getting a 2 goal lead? 

I’m just a little uneasy about that as a tactical approach against teams so inept at finishing as Everton were last night.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Yeah utterly amazed at that. 

Also as a few Everton fans pointed - how did a 6 month old get a ticket for a game which didn't get beyond season ticket holders? The baby wasn't even born when the season started!

• Haha 4

Everton are a poor side and it's no surprise to see why they are where they are, unfortunately, we are no better.

As I have said many times before; it's all about taking your chances and we missed so many last night including the abysmal penalty from our "star" player.

We can get out of this but we must start taking these goalden opportunities.

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah utterly amazed at that. 

Also as a few Everton fans pointed - how did a 6 month old get a ticket for a game which didn't get beyond season ticket holders? The baby wasn't even born when the season started!

Yeah the story is amiss. Reckons the baby us actually born in October. Went a game as early as Man City in December. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Apparently took the baby to Man City away in December, the baby was born in October