Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

3 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

He does well to get a bloody signal! I can't get 4G or 5g anywhere in the ground! 

You actually get one during the game because reduced network load, I think it's at HT when it's impossible. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Sat behind someone who spent the majority of the game on the match thread on Foxestalk! Literally end to end pulsating basketball type drama going on Infront of them and they were glued to the thread. 

That's like ... walking through the Lake District, staring into your phone, to see a picture of the scenery where you are!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

You actually get one during the game because reduced network load, I think it's at HT when it's impossible. 

yeah fair point, only check my phone at HT so that makes sense. 

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Cags goal, direct Vardy goal. Iversen’s shot stopping. Lovely stuff.

Tielemans I can’t wait to see that back of him, so sloppy, give the ball away so easily. He’s got delusions of grandeur if he thinks he’s good enough for topclubs in top competitions.

Maddison likewise. Please, just **** off. Tottenham would suit, with Rodgers.

Wow Matt ( must be the namesake ) 100% agree wiv u pal 

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Castagne gets a free pass too often. He’s been responsible for giving up a goal in most games recently.

You all know I think he’s dogshit but he did carry the ball well when given space and time yesterday. I think he’s a RWB and not a RB. Give the role of heading away at the back stick to Souttar in the right of a back three and it may stop the issues. Castagne under the ball is ****ing frightening. He just can’t do it. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

That's like ... walking through the Lake District, staring into your phone, to see a picture of the scenery where you are!

Or going to a concert filming it on your phone (while annoying people directly behind you)  then going home to watch what was going on right in front of you an hour earlier …. Bizarre

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Sat behind someone who spent the majority of the game on the match thread on Foxestalk! Literally end to end pulsating basketball type drama going on Infront of them and they were glued to the thread. I was even shoulder surfing reading it myself in the breaks in play 😂

I won't give the seat number publicly but you can PM me or reply to me here if you dare with a number with 3 digits if you want to find if it was you!

I'll narrow it down - it was the East Stand. 

P.s I know the person is bound to come across this post. 

TBF I spend chunks of most matches on here after controversial looking decisions trying to work out if I've missed something 

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Said it in another thread, but can only imagine he was very keen on not losing this or the Leeds game. Aware winning puts us out of sight, but losing also does the opposite. He's got us at the front of the relegation group of teams now and we just have to match 2 of them in the final 4 games to now stay up.

Everyone keeps blaming the managers but this is on the players, they're just not as good as people think they are or we comfortably beat Leeds and Everton.

• Like 1

I

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Everyone keeps blaming the managers but this is on the players, they're just not as good as people think they are or we comfortably beat Leeds and Everton.

Agree their players looked bigger and stronger and we were out muscled....but got to give credit to Dyche for his tactical game play

23 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

You realise nobody is pissed at him for just missing the pen? It’s the arrogance to take the ball off a proven penalty taker in a high pressure game, and then miss. 

What was he thinking? It’s quite hard to look at that and not feel he wanted to be the hero and prioritised that over the good of the team. The little winks and faces when he went on to turn someone and do nothing with it don’t help his cause. Read the room, ya know?

I’m really pissed at him for missing the pen. 

14 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

you have to look further up the pitch than the defense. No existence in midfield was and still is the problem. Our defense was under the cosh for most of the game because they overran our so-called midfield top-quality Maddison and Tielmans, With Barns doing feckall to help out the defense as well. Put the blame where it really belongs.

...to be honest,  they were deliberately bypassing our midfield!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Could Vardy have shot here, or laid it off to Barnes :(?

image.thumb.png.a77fec6b049c63b14ed675d4d11a1d20.png

He could’ve but Jamie Vardy through on goal is shooting. And when he is in that mood it’s only for us. 

Love seeing him back. 

edit: in reference to him maybe laying it off to Barnes

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Barnes was in so much space. Unfortunately I dont think he shouted as in the replay Vards doesn't look at all.

Understandable considering he was twisting and turning at pace. Massive shame he couldn't find Barnes though as he would just have had to pass it in

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

No idea what went through Castagne’s head for the penalty. Bizarre!

Nothing went through his head, that's the problem.

Clearly it must be 100% different in the heat of the moment but so many times I have my head in my hands muttering, "you dumb fùck"

• Like 1

Think it's very concerning that we've gone into both of the Leeds and Everton games being told be the opposition we were going to hammer them, and a bit of genuine optimism from us, to come out of both with them scratching their heads. An Everton fan I know said he thought we'd put a few past them now having watched that he thinks he'd fancy them to survive at our expense - and I find it hard to disagree.

The sad reality is this side has demonstrated time, and time, and time again that when the pressure is on, they will cave in. We have got to be 4 points clear, or 3 with a good goal difference going into that West Ham game, because make no mistake this lot won't get a result if they need to. That isn't something I think Smith can fix in 8 games. It's a deep rooted rot that's manifested over years, starting with some of the tail offs at the end of 2019/20 and 2020/21.

It's extremely tough to be optimistic about this team. All they do is let you down.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Possibly but can't really criticise him tbh. It was an absolutely brilliant bit of skill to turn the defender. Had the right idea imo just unlucky with the finish

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

I was screaming to give it right... BUT... its Vardy and if the GOAT thinks he is going to score... ill bow  :) 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think it's very concerning that we've gone into both of the Leeds and Everton games being told be the opposition we were going to hammer them, and a bit of genuine optimism from us, to come out of both with them scratching their heads. An Everton fan I know said he thought we'd put a few past them now having watched that he thinks he'd fancy them to survive at our expense - and I find it hard to disagree.

The sad reality is this side has demonstrated time, and time, and time again that when the pressure is on, they will cave in. We have got to be 4 points clear, or 3 with a good goal difference going into that West Ham game, because make no mistake this lot won't get a result if they need to. That isn't something I think Smith can fix in 8 games. It's a deep rooted rot that's manifested over years, starting with some of the tail offs at the end of 2019/20 and 2020/21.

It's extremely tough to be optimistic about this team. All they do is let you down.

I agree it's deep rooted and goes back 2 or 3 years, The spine of the team was abysmal for 26 games of this season. Ward>Faes>Amartey>Soumare>Daka.  

Which now looks like Iversen>Soyuncu>Faes>Soumare>Vardy.

Jury still out on Faes and Soumare in my opinion but it takes longer than 8 games to sort this particularly when you throw in the added pressure of fighting off relegation.

Most fans optimism I guess falls on the shoulders of Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison to deliver, and now the going has got tough, they have flattered to deceive. 

13 hours ago, Phenom said:

Castagne gets a free pass too often. He’s been responsible for giving up a goal in most games recently.

He's not a bad player, but not a really good one either, bang average. No bottle and invariably turns his back on the ball and backs out of it like kids football, perhaps a legacy of his bad injury.