Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

It reminded me of when we played Sheff Weds the year we went down to league one. We had an opportunity to win and pull clear, but bottled it (and we went down). Not quite as bad as that, but what a wasted opportunity. And Maddison stole the ball from Tielemans - whenever that happens the player always misses.

Iversen out of this world.

• Like 4

Just now, Izzy said:

I'm not. Everyone needs a scapegoat and someone to blame.

I know he missed the pen but that happens to the best.

I thought Madders was our best outfield player, got another assist, and always tried to make things happen. 

It's not about missing a pen, that happens. It's the utter arrogance to try what he did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Maddison going missing when it matters, imagine my shock.

I said he wasn't a big game player when he wasn't in the team against Wolves, an was greeted with a dissatisfied response. He's a sunshine player, fair play he put in a good slide tackle, set up the 2nd, but I wasn't confident he was going to score the penalty. Can't see him ever having a Beckham against Greece moment in his career. He played OK, but some players are just able to find an extra level when needed, others are not quite there.

• Like 2

matchstats.thumb.JPG.51026a8469b2288d6f1aaedcfbb859e7.JPG

3.2                                                            xG                                                            3.2

... good night.

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

If Brendan was in charge for that he would be getting absolute pelters.

Smith bottled that mid second half. Should’ve made changes and killed them. Look how knackered and deep Everton were from 70-80 mins. 

Shhh. You’re looking silly. 

• Like 2

We seem to give shit teams a performance to be proud of. First Leeds, now these guys. Too many mistakes as usual. I thought the full backs and Tielemans were particularly poor. Daka needs a year in the gym. Incredibly frustrating - he’s like Okazaki without the smile.

On the plus side - Iverson is a number 1. Moronic decision not to play this guy. He seems to be growing into the role as well. Vardy is back - he can’t play 90 mins - obviously.

Overall it’s two points dropped. Fulham is going to be tough but the run after that is horrible. I don’t think we get our self safe with a flurry. We may limp over.  

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

The only positive is that Everton and Leeds have worse run-ins and Forest's GD is abysmal. 

I think Everton and Forest can pick up 2 wins out their remaining 4. Can't see Leeds winning any of theirs. 

We need to beat Fulham and West Ham to stay up IMO. 

• Like 1

Generally I think we played ok. Iverson obviously MOTM.

YT didn't turn up. Madders tried too hard. Barnes was meh, but not bad. Thomas is too physically weak. Soumare strolled around again. Silly foul by Castagne, but he was ok otherwise.

Under Rodgers we'd have collapsed completely. 

• Like 1

Love madders to bits but I knew as soon as he stood up to take it that is was going to be an attempt at showboating rather than picking a spot and blasting it, just cost us 2 points in my opinion.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard not to feel disappointed after that, but from my view you've got to take the positive that we're looking better as a team than we have in ages. Too many times I've watched Leicester knowing that we'll never get those second balls or that cutting passed will always find their way to the feet of the opposition. Not so much today, I could watch us without a sinking feeling all the time. 

Our performance isn't where we want it to be, but we are improving. Just have to hope that it improves enough that we're putting up a fight for the remainder of the season

Edited by Sandwhale