Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Forest are down if they don't beat Southampton imo.

Chelsea will eventually punish someone and Forest are appalling away, they have Arsenal at home as well as Palace away on the final day. Drop points against the Saints and they're in massive trouble.

Everton might get out of it though; they're travelling to a collapsing Wolves side and are at home to Bournemouth on the last day, who are already safe.

I think they will beat Southampton and a Palace team already on holiday last game of season. Gives them 6 points 

Think Everton will take a lot from tonight and win those two games you mentioned. 

Leeds are down. We have to get 6 points, 2 wins out of 4 to stay up I think. 

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Where are the points coming from for Everton, Leeds or Forest? They look just as bad as us.

Agree with Leeds, Forest have Soton at home next and Everton have Bournemouth at home last game who will be on the beach. Where are we getting 3 points from? Don't say West Ham as we couldn't do it against Leeds or Everton 

Iverson - MOTM

Cags - Another good match.

Maddison - Cost us the match, potentially might be the 2 points needed to stay up.

Luke Thomas- Not great, targeted as expected.

Castagne- Silly individual error cost us the first goal.

Daka - Useless no change.

Barnes - Failed to deliver anything, meaningful.

Tielmans - Was he even playing?

Vardy - Was well up for it.

Overall it was a good match for the Neutrals, however it was a match that we should have won, especially at home, we lose the next match which is more likely, Fulham at Craven Cottage, we need to prepare for the Championship that's the realism of our predicament.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

2-2 is not a disaster. Hugely disappointing but not a disaster. Losing would have been a disaster.

Lets not beat around the bush, drawing the last 2 games considering the league positions and point gaps is an absolute disaster. 

We’ve left ourselves with too much to do. Its over, we’re done. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

2 absolutely shite teams attacking eachother. Our attackers were awful, their defenders created half of our chances for us. Vice Versa, that's the sort of game you have to scrape through, never let Maddison near a penalty again. 

He will be some one else's problem next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

The doom and gloomers will love it but as things stand we're safe, Fulham have nothing to play for , other teams down there have hard games 

Everyone together now oh when the Saints go marching in

The only team we have to play who look as though they'll have anything to play for is Newcastle, but they'll beat us anyway.

2 huge chances missed in the first half have haunted us. They should have scored about 8 against us though to be fair.

Set up all wrong. Was always a game where we needed to score more than we conceded and we bottled the opportunity. Ndidi and Thomas simply not good enough. Needed the second striker from minute dot. Barnes was poor.

Iverson brilliant, Cags outstanding. Its an absolute crime against football letting him leave for free. 

So disappointing. That game sums up our season, just rubbish. The only time we really looked good was when Everton sat back to keep the draw. And even then they had a great chance.

Everton have been woeful attacking this year - and Iversen has kept us in it. Without him they could have had 5.

We pack our midfield with 3 and they can't control the game and are too open. Hopefully we just go direct from now on. Why is Maddison taking penalties over Vardy.

Our left back is totally exposed and no one is fixing it. Barnes as always, seems to defend as if he's Ronaldo. Salah puts in more of a shift defensively. I don't know how he gets away with it.

Just too many errors. Everton have been really poor this year. We needed to win this.

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

Utter garbage.

Made Iwobi, McNeil and Lewin look like seedorf, zidane and drogba. 

Everton could have had 5 away when they literally cant score for (pun intended) toffee. Thats how bad our defensive play as a team is. Lose the ball in attack and we are more open than madonna's back doors.

vardy, soyuncu and iversen - magic

The other 8 were terrible.

If we play tielemans and soumare as a 2 again for the rest of the season we will lose all 4 and go down. They are like walking through an u15s team of asthma sufferers.

Agree with this. We have made both Leeds and Everton look good when others have given them a whipping 

starting to genuinely hate Maddison, his ****ing ego will relegate us and he'll swan off to another big contract. not just the missed penalty but a honking second half where it was all about him, all about his personal glory and not the team, so many chances but never released the ball. 

Iversen take a bow, kept us in that, man is light-years ahead of Danny Fraud and Rodgers being an egotistical bellend and playing ward all season is why we're in this mess

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Col city fan

First thing to say, it was an exciting game.

Iversen gave the best goal-keeping display of any Leicester keeper for a long long time.

Either side could have won it.

But, a point for both sides is not really what we needed.

They had a game plan and executed it really well. We gave the ball away in midfield just too many times.

It’ll go the wire this.

Still sloppiness and poor common sense when it counts, Youri and Harvey in particular, Madders trying to do too much himself at times and Vards asking for the ball when offside, need to ensure we at least get our decision making right and then we’d capitalise on good spells like that period in the second half. Even some of Soyuncus challenges where he just gambles that the ricochet will favour us when in reality it could go anywhere, just poor decision making and sloppiness, make the right decisions when it matters and we win that.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Lets not beat around the bush, drawing the last 2 games considering the league positions and point gaps is an absolute disaster. 

We’ve left ourselves with too much to do. Its over, we’re done. 

I agree it is bad but it isnt over.

Hopefully the team doesnt have your mentality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Before tonight I honestly thought Dean Smith had sorted our defence out. Now I’m not sure he has. We looked SO open in both halves with both set ups. The midfield was being bypassed with absolute ease. I don’t think the back 4 necessarily had a bad game and Iversen had an absolutely worldie (thank god). But what the hell was going on infront of them? The midfield was just non existent all night. If Everton weren’t so shit, we’d have lost that. 

I agree re midfield, in fact I think that's the big problem area, Ndidi is so far off the boil, Soumare I just can't get my head around, Tielemens has been poor for a long time, Maddison hasn't been the same since West Ham injury and World Cup, KDH has looked poor, Praet barely gets a look in, Mendy is OK but again where is his support if he plays? There was a huge hole that just kept pressure on us all game, it's all very well lumping it up but you need to pick it up again in midfield if it comes back. We can't do that.

Just now, Bilo said:

The only team we have to play who look as though they'll have anything to play for is Newcastle, but they'll beat us anyway.

Depends how they go before then , they could have CL wrapped up and they trot out ameobi, the long staff and Barton against us

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

2 huge chances missed in the first half have haunted us. They should have scored about 8 against us though to be fair.

Set up all wrong. Was always a game where we needed to score more than we conceded and we bottled the opportunity. Ndidi and Thomas simply not good enough. Needed the second striker from minute dot. Barnes was poor.

Iverson brilliant, Cags outstanding. Its an absolute crime against football letting him leave for free. 

Its criminal that they both aint played all season had  they im 100% sure wr would have another 6 or so points

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

As you cancel each other out, looks like a draw was the right result 😂

Seriously though....da fuq 😭😭 flipping madders....why oh why did you take that pen!!!

Not sure you can even class it as a pen. Looked like a soft chip straight at Pickford. 2-1 up, hit the bloody bottom corner hard! At least make Pickford have to stretch. I'll never understand why some players can make penalties look so easy, but ours either hit the same spot each time (Tielemans), close their eyes and smash it (Vardy) or try some fancy soft chip down the middle like Madders. Hit the bloody corners! 

Guest bennytwohats
8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm not. Everyone needs a scapegoat and someone to blame.

I know he missed the pen but that happens to the best.

I thought Madders was our best outfield player, got another assist, and always tried to make things happen. 

You realise nobody is pissed at him for just missing the pen? It’s the arrogance to take the ball off a proven penalty taker in a high pressure game, and then miss. 

What was he thinking? It’s quite hard to look at that and not feel he wanted to be the hero and prioritised that over the good of the team. The little winks and faces when he went on to turn someone and do nothing with it don’t help his cause. Read the room, ya know?