Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leicester 2 - 2 Everton Post Match

We were fortunate to get a draw in the end. 

Why are we so bad at defending? We must be one of the easiest teams to attack. 

I think if Everton had done us 3-2, then there would be no coming back! 

It is in our hands and we just have to match Everton's or Forest's results now. Leeds and Saints are done. 

Beat Fulham and West Ham (doable) and we are staying up. I'd prefer if we didn't have to win on the final day though, as we just don't have the balls for it. 

Maddison had a great game I thought (yes i can overlook the penalty, I am not a mud sticks guy).

We all gutted we didnt win, but we have to bear in mind Everton put in a shift, given the chances each side had a draw is a reasonable result and we stay above them with the draw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Beachyboy said:

There was a moment before they score we he can play in a pass to the right to a player clear in space, an let's off a meek shot instead. He isn't someone you need in a scrap, we need to be choosing team players now, even if they have less ability.

Pretty sure that was Castagne, and he was wide open.

I thought the pass was a better option in the moment.

Of course, if Maddison scores there, no second guesses would ever happen.

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

As much as people were digging out Maddison and Barnes in the match thread, this result is on our defence. Everton are the 2nd worst side in the division and could’ve scored 6 or 7 if not for Iversen

The defence? Was that the defence that had to defend 1 vs 2 all game because Barnes wouldn't track runners or show for the ball? Soyuncu was colossus once again, Faes wasn't far behind. But when Iwobi/Coleman are 2 vs 1 against Thomas all first half because Barnes has no fight, that's the issue. 

Maddison and Barnes offered nothing all night, far less than Iwobi and McNeil at both ends of the pitch. They're being digged out because they were a disgrace, especially Barnes, a performance of a coward. Harvey isn't fit for the fight at all, compare to Daka's workrate, it's a huge difference. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ST20 said:

Anyone thinking Everton were going to be a push over are delusional.

I don't think anybody thought that, but that we should beat them if we want to stay up. We could have had a cushion if we'd managed to beat either of the two teams scrapping with us. Now we have to hope that we have enough in us to surprise one of the more comfortable teams.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I dunno what to make of that tonight. So far under Smith there's so much chaos going on that I just don't see how this team prevents the opposition from having a shit load of chances and can play with enough quality to get our noses in front and then dominate to victory.

Liverpool and Newcastle will absolutely destroy this type of football, which means we are going to have to pull a rabbit out a hat next Monday vs Fulham. 

Iversen was simply phenomenal tonight and Soumare was excellent. A few others did pretty well in patches such as Vardy but 1st half Castagne was shocking and 2nd half Thomas declined after a decent 1st half. Barnes, Maddison, Faes were utter garbage. 

We are very very capable of going down, if we don't it's because the others around us won't win more than 1 more game in the remaining 4 games and even then we need to sharpen up to get one across the line.

This is gut wrenching at times but at least we've got some fight. The malaise and rot is so deep though we haven't been able to quickly snap out of it and have the quality to beat two abysmal sides in Leeds and Everton.

Midfield is like a sieve - just piles pressure on the defence.

tough from here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Fulham and West Ham are the ones I’m targetting. But we’ll prob need something from at least one of the other two because I can’t imagine we’ll win both of them.

I don’t see us getting another point to be honest . We give the number of chances to a decent side that we gave this lot we’ll be conceding 4 &5 a game 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm glad we didn't appoint Dyche. His football is the absolute pits. Everton made no attempt to try and play football, but his horrific tactics nearly gained them 3 points. Right now I'd accept some shit football to get 3 points but I couldn't watch his brand of football every week. 

I thought this first half. Proper long ball fc. Horrid

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You give up far too easily. I hope our mindset isn't yours. 

Have you seen us this season or any other season out of the past 4 when the run in has really mattered? Absolutely no mentality in this team when it matters. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Agree with Leeds, Forest have Soton at home next and Everton have Bournemouth at home last game who will be on the beach. Where are we getting 3 points from? Don't say West Ham as we couldn't do it against Leeds or Everton 

Yet we did it against Wolves who are higher in the table. Last two games we've played sides fighting for their lives, the games have been scrappy. Not going to pretend things are rosy, but we're not down yet. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

People have become so numb to our defence conceding 2 goals every game they’ve turned on our attacking players even when our attack has nothing to do with why we’re in this relegation battle. 

We scored twice vs Everton who are 19th, Maddison created one of the goals. That should be more than enough for beating the team in 19th. 

Yet we were only saved the slaughtering thanks to our keeper 

Just this....spot on.

13 minutes ago, foxer said:

I think the criticism of Madders is way over the top. He clearly does care. He clearly gave his all. We all know he's not a good penalty taker, but he had the balls to step up. 

An incredibly frustrating evening but we're still in this. 

...if you are taking the ball off your teammate, then they themselves have the conviction that they can score!!!

Tielemans was either trying to take the heat off Maddison, by securing the ball, and if that was not the case, the penalty taker should have been decided before the team gets on the pitch.

It was a poor penalty, England teammates who know each other, Pickford has his wrap sheet attached to his water bottle, so he had come prepared. Maddison backed himself but he perhaps should have known Pickford knows him too well.

• Like 1