Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Penalty takers

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pickford knew Maddison was going to go down the middle, there is a photo of his water bottle showing 60% of his pens have been down the middle

At least smash it if you are going down the middle ffs

Stole this from another thread:

image.thumb.png.0cfcf1dd01e0d4eb3d79b298f8ae0282.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Vardy or Youri should have taken it. 

How is Vardy not going for it? 

Infuriating. 

Smith told RL that Nacho is the pen taker followed by Madders. His exact words were that Vardy hasn't scored at home for a long time and Maddison is the top scorer.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Vardy or Youri should have taken it. 

How is Vardy not going for it? 

Infuriating. 

I just dont understand how after everything Vardy has achieved for us, he doesnt have the confidence to claim the pen in these high pressure scenarios. He did a similar thing against Columbia at world cup 2018 where he let Dier take his penalty despite being our club's main penalty taker.

It's not like he hasnt scored loads of high pressure penalties for us before as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

I just dont understand how after everything Vardy has achieved for us, he doesnt have the confidence to claim the pen in these high pressure scenarios. He did a similar thing against Columbia at world cup 2018 where he let Dier take his penalty despite being our club's main penalty taker.

It's not like he hasnt scored loads of high pressure penalties for us before as well. 

Vardy was down to take the 5th penalty but had a minor injury so Dier took it.

If you look back at the pictures you can see him holding his groin when Dier scores 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Vardy was down to take the 5th penalty but had a minor injury so Dier took it.

If you look back at the pictures you can see him holding his groin when Dier scores 

Fair enough, definitely should be claiming the pen today though. He's the only player in this team I trust to turn up when the pressure's on yet seemingly he doesnt fully back himself.

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Awful call by Smith 

I'm sorry but what has 'not played a lot' got to do with it? Bollox. He's our main penalty taker and that's that. Even if he was only on for 5 minutes. 

If Vardy and Tielemans wanted to be on penalties, I think they would have been. Can't criticise Madders for stepping up as 2nd choice after Iheanacho, as I am sure Vardy or Tielemans could have put themselves in front of him. 

Can absolutely criticise Maddison for hit sh1t, predictable penalty though! 

I know there is huge pressure, but hit the feckin' corners! At least make a GK have to dive 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Sounded like Smith was protecting Maddison to me.

If Maddison has been a dickhead and wasn't the penalty taker that's the right thing to do, deal with it privately. We still need to get something out if him these last 4 games.

Vardy should have taken it. end off.

You don't see any one else take penalties at spurs except kane because he the most experienced goal scorer they have.

So vardy was the the most senior player on the pitch 2nite so he should taken control of the penalty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1