Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

8 hours ago, melrose said:

I wish it could be as fantastic as this time of the season back in 1983 when we went there!

What a day that was. See below post from @Line-X :scarf:

Edit: Above post on page 9.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

A little over forty years ago I was in the Leicester end at the Cottage. The best away atmosphere I've ever experienced. After a 15 game unbeaten run, it was like a cup final that day in our bid for promotion. Conversely, next Monday we continue to attempt to stave off the drop. 

If you're not familiar, there's an incredible set of circumstances behind this and what was to unfold for Fulham, although there is a glaring mistake in this article...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2018/may/03/fulham-promotion-leicester-derby-football-league

Ahh. Time passes so quickly. We had some great lads back the. Wilson lynex etc. maybe not Tommy. 

It’s as good a chance as any to play Fulham at this point in the season. With a number of their bigger players missing, it’s certainly an opportunity even if it is away. Another point would still be useful in inching away.

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, melrose said:

I wish it could be as fantastic as this time of the season back in 1983 when we went there!

Was there that day with my Dad and some mates. Drove down. What a day. What a game. Good times. 

Unfortunately I cannot see us getting anything out of this. They have become a solid side. A draw would be a good result but I just don’t think we are tough enough. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iversen

Ricardo

Souttar

Soyuncu

Castagne

Soumare

Tielemans

KDH

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

I’d go with that. A fit Riccardo would be a real bonus. We need more energy and pressing from midfield. Kdh would help with that. Souttar would help defending given Fulham’s aerial threat though Faes has done well recently and formed a decent partnership with Cags so I wouldn’t be upset if he retained his place. Mendy to come on if needed. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

About to ask the same. Drop Grimmy imo. VK will have learned his lesson imo 

Yeah I'd put VK back in as well think he will be gagging to have a good game - same with KDH actually he must be chomping at the bit after being out for two games. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

A little over forty years ago I was in the Leicester end at the Cottage. The best away atmosphere I've ever experienced. After a 15 game unbeaten run, it was like a cup final that day in our bid for promotion. Conversely, next Monday we continue to attempt to stave off the drop. 

If you're not familiar, there's an incredible set of circumstances behind this and what was to unfold for Fulham, although there is a glaring mistake in this article...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2018/may/03/fulham-promotion-leicester-derby-football-league

Remember this like yesterday as a young teenage boy - one of the best away days - going on Monday and hope we create the same atmosphere - think we will need it as it will be a tough game just due to the pressure!!

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It will be interesting to see how Smith approaches this one. Against Wolves and Leeds he picked Soumare and Tielemens as the deep-lying midfielders in a 4231, which meant we effectively played without a defensive midfielder. Against Everton he tried to provide more solidity by playing Ndidi alongside Soumare and Tielemans in a 433, but this didn't really work as Ndidi is woefully out of form and his presence offered no protection to the defence. If we're as open as we were against Everton when we play Fulham, Liverpool and Newcastle, they'll tear us apart. Surely he'll bring in Mendy and/or KDH to prevent us from being completely overrun in midfield and reliant yet again on Iversen to keep us in the game...

Agree. I'd like to see Mendy in there, but that seems unlikely.

Perhaps asking KDH to play a deeper role, with instructions to keep his passing short and simple, might work. Might take the mistakes out of his game.