Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we were not effectively pressing up top, we all have to go together,  it cannot be half hearted!!!

I agree in principle, but not sure it's viable in practice with Vardy in the team? :dunno:

I've long believed that Vardy's supposed "age-related loss of pace" is marginal, if not fictional. Recent games with him in form, getting better service and us moving the ball forward quicker support that theory, I think.

But he definitely presses a lot less than a few years ago - perhaps because he no longer has the stamina to keep pressing and to still make rapid runs off the defensive line. 

I suppose we could do high presses as a team but less frequently and more selectively. Daka could perhaps press more, but I'd definitely want Vardy to start given recent form and don't fancy starting 2 strikers at Fulham.

But, as @ClaphamFox said, we definitely need to be less open in midfield. Bringing in Mendy for Ndidi could be a good change, especially as Fulham should have less physical/aerial threat without Mitrovic and Ream.

They are good in possession, though, and Mendy is good with his movement & reading of the game. In particular, he quickly finds space, keeps possession but moves the ball on quickly with short, simple passes.

I'm glad we're moving the ball forward quicker under Deano and playing some longer through balls, but we were playing too long and giving up too much possession against Everton. Mendy could help avoid that.

Not sure what formation would be best, though? Perhaps 4-3-3 with Maddison on the right but floating inside? Though that potentially exposes Castagne to a lot of pressure....

The alternative would be to play 4-2-3-1 and drop Tielemans or Soumare. But the former is always a potential match-winner and the latter has given us added vigour (:blink:) and forward movement under the Deano regime.

• Like 2

I live in London so got a ticket in home end and going on my own. Where will people be drinking before/after? I’d be keen to watch the Everton game with other fans. Is stags head still run by a Leicester fan, I’ve not been there for years! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Amazingly, the bookies have us as marginal favourites for this one.

They also had us at 5000 - 1 to win the league and favourites for relegation in 2016, so I wouldn't consider they have great insight :whistle:

• Haha 1

Thank god we have these guys almost ready to come back. We need options in games where we need to change it up.

I feel a little more hopeful now.

Saying that Fulham against Liverpool did not look like a team on the beach! They still have dangerous players like Willian and that young guy who have a habit of dribbling past defenders and getting into the box.

if we allow that it will be the same chaos with Cags & faes trying to keep the ball out.

Iverson has been a rock but he needs more protection !

2 hours ago, Trevor Benj said:

I live in London so got a ticket in home end and going on my own. Where will people be drinking before/after? I’d be keen to watch the Everton game with other fans. Is stags head still run by a Leicester fan, I’ve not been there for years! 

Do they still have that neutral stand?

Memo to Mr Smith and team. N'didi and Soumare does not work, we give the ball away too much, exposing a fragile defence. Either of them with Mendy or a switched on KDH might just work.

Edited by foxgas

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Great to potentially have Ricky and Seniorman back. Evans no doubt will bump his knee getting on the coach and have to have another 8 weeks out though the poor thing.

Kel might make newcastle 

he should make West Ham 

I’d like to think we could get a win before kel is back …….

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Evans surely has zero intention of ever playing for us again? He’s been stealing a wage for 18 months. 

Hardly in the Bertrand school of burglary is he

Don't begrudge him a few injuries after helping us into Europe. Bit like if vardy isn't up to it next season, there's been much more horrendous examples of Rudkin spunking the wage budget. For want of a better phrase. 

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Hardly in the Bertrand school of burglary is he

Don't begrudge him a few injuries after helping us into Europe. Bit like if vardy isn't up to it next season, there's been much more horrendous examples of Rudkin spunking the wage budget. For want of a better phrase. 

No offence mate but that sort of attitude is exactly why we’re in a financial mess. We keep handing out lengthy overpriced deals to blokes who aren’t up to it anymore, we really need to stop being so generous. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Evans surely has zero intention of ever playing for us again? He’s been stealing a wage for 18 months. 

That could apply to half the squad with our injuries these past couple of seasons!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No offence mate but that sort of attitude is exactly why we’re in a financial mess. We keep handing out lengthy overpriced deals to blokes who aren’t up to it anymore, we really need to stop being so generous. 

It's the fact Rodgers made players in that position completely outcast and maxed out the wage budget combined with not qualifying for Europe. 

If the only issue was Evans getting injured in the last year of retirement, we should have a player he signed as competent back up and a player wanted by Champions League clubs. What we got was him holding grudges and ****ing everything up 

• Like 1

Good to see Smith acknowledge/recognise the midfield area is weak and we need to protect the ball better.

Trouble is, even our most 'talented' midfielder doesn't seem to realise that he will be pressured and dallies on the ball too often. Did it vs Wolves, and once or twice vs Everton. 

But then the positive is that we're managing Vardy better and making use of his runs in behind as opposed to pointless lumps over the top. They actually have some purpose with him leading the line as he used to. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I really dislike the expression "stealing a wage".  We offered him a contract and he accepted it. Everyone knew his age and the probability of injuries so in effect LCFC were rolling the dice.

It's always a problem for any club to decide to offer contracts to older players but I guarantee that if Leicester hadn't, another club would have done.

Evans isn't stealing anything that wasn't given to him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I really dislike the expression "stealing a wage".  We offered him a contract and he accepted it. Everyone knew his age and the probability of injuries so in effect LCFC were rolling the dice.

It's always a problem for any club to decide to offer contracts to older players but I guarantee that if Leicester hadn't, another club would have done.

Evans isn't stealing anything that wasn't given to him.

It's merely an expression, see my other post above.

Weird how he keeps getting different injuries every few weeks, then when he's not injured he's got a cold/virus.

• Like 1

Following their 1-0 win at the King Power Stadium in January, Fulham are looking to complete the Premier League double over Leicester for the second time, previously doing so in 2003-04.

Leicester have earned five points from their past three Premier League games (W1 D2), despite conceding the first goal each time. It's one more point than they’d earned in their previous 10 games (W1 D1 L8), while they last had a longer unbeaten run between May-August 2022 (5 games).

Fulham have lost three of their past four Premier League home games (W1), as many as they had in their first 13 at Craven Cottage this season (W6 D4).

• Like 1