Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

Iverson

ricardo.   Faes.   Soyuncu.   Castagne 

Mendy.

Tielemns.    KDH

Maddison.                             Barnes 

Vardy 

• Like 3

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Not sure you can drop Soumare on his last couple of performances but the idea of Ricky being fit enough to play is exciting.

Opinion seem to divide massively on soumare - I thought he played some nice forward passes last half hour against wolves when kdh was on the pitch hassling around doing his running - at Leeds and against Everton I though he was useless - the odd nice pass but he doesn’t do anywhere near enough for me - not even close - game of opinions 

2 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Opinion seem to divide massively on soumare - I thought he played some nice forward passes last half hour against wolves when kdh was on the pitch hassling around doing his running - at Leeds and against Everton I though he was useless - the odd nice pass but he doesn’t do anywhere near enough for me - not even close - game of opinions 

Totally agree on differing of opinions, I would potentially drop Youri over Soumare on the last couple of games BUT know that will never happen.

Youri does have that wonder strike in him but has been extremely sloppy in possession and looks so off the pace it is a big reason why our midfield looks non existent.

KDH linking up with Barnes might wake up Harvey too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Not sure you can drop Soumare on his last couple of performances but the idea of Ricky being fit enough to play is exciting.

I think you can. He’s been good going forward, but he’s been a liability defensively. I think a balance of Mendy KDH and Youri would be better. 

3 hours ago, jv1 said:

Iverson

ricardo.   Faes.   Soyuncu.   Castagne 

Mendy.

Tielemns.    KDH

Maddison.                             Barnes 

Vardy 

We should let Maddison and Barnes interchange with each other if that's the shape, Barnes is so predictable, I'd like to see him on the right for a 20 min spell here and there in the game.

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We should let Maddison and Barnes interchange with each other if that's the shape, Barnes is so predictable, I'd like to see him on the right for a 20 min spell here and there in the game.

...by switching Maddison and Barnes around, you end up with two players out of position!!!

Switch Maddison for Tielemans and bringing Tete back in would be better. Maddison is comfortable playing as an #8 and can arrive late in the box as he would be coming from a deeper position and not picked up. Tete to give balance to the team, it would be good if he sought to play one or two-touch football, where he moves the ball on quicker and it would suit his and our game.

Perhaps with KDH on the left of the two #8's, it will allow Barnes to feed off him. Youri just does not have the physical attributes to police the right of the midfield.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...by switching Maddison and Barnes around, you end up with two players out of position!!!

Switch Maddison for Tielemans and bringing Tete back in would be better. Maddison is comfortable playing as an #8 and can arrive late in the box as he would be coming from a deeper position and not picked up. Tete to give balance to the team, it would be good if he sought to play one or two-touch football, where he moves the ball on quicker and it would suit his and our game.

Perhaps with KDH on the left of the two #8's, it will allow Barnes to feed off him. Youri just does not have the physical attributes to police the right of the midfield.

Maddison can't play as a 8, it negates his skill set, wherever he plays it needs to be in the attacking third, he contributes little anywhere else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Maddison can't play as a 8, it negates his skill set, wherever he plays it needs to be in the attacking third, he contributes little anywhere else.

....he describes himself as an #8, he played for Norwich as an #8 where he was taking the ball off the backline, he is more than capable of playing that role!!!

He is also quite proficient as a #10, but in this situation and for game control, his being in the #8 role will give us a better-balanced team.

On 04/05/2023 at 07:26, Trevor Benj said:

I live in London so got a ticket in home end and going on my own. Where will people be drinking before/after? I’d be keen to watch the Everton game with other fans. Is stags head still run by a Leicester fan, I’ve not been there for years! 

Yes Nigel still runs it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think you can. He’s been good going forward, but he’s been a liability defensively. I think a balance of Mendy KDH and Youri would be better. 

So you don't think Youri has been a liability defensively? Really? He's constantly been giving the ball away in various areas of the pitch and been dispossessed whilst dwelling on the ball with his thumb up his arse. Yes, he's pointed a lot and waves his arms around as if he's a captain but fails to give a captain's performance footballing wise on the pitch. He hides behind players and jogs around aimlessly most of the time. 

Yes, by all means play Mendy or KDH, but with Soumare and not Mr Lethargic!

On 04/05/2023 at 12:26, Trevor Benj said:

I live in London so got a ticket in home end and going on my own. Where will people be drinking before/after? I’d be keen to watch the Everton game with other fans. Is stags head still run by a Leicester fan, I’ve not been there for years! 

Haven't got a ticket but was thinking of having some pre match beers around Putney to soak up the atmosphere, if anybody fancies a pint. 

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he describes himself as an #8, he played for Norwich as an #8 where he was taking the ball off the backline, he is more than capable of playing that role!!!

He is also quite proficient as a #10, but in this situation and for game control, his being in the #8 role will give us a better-balanced team.

If he's to play in the first 11 for either a big team or England, I'd say his only opportunity is at 8. He has the technical level for it, I question whether he can dictate the play though from there, speed up play/ slow it down when needed. Seeing as game management has been poor for the team for 12 months plus, Rogers was talking about wanting him to play as an 8, an he sees himself as an 8, why hasn't he played there more often??

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

If he's to play in the first 11 for either a big team or England, I'd say his only opportunity is at 8. He has the technical level for it, I question whether he can dictate the play though from there, speed up play/ slow it down when needed. Seeing as game management has been poor for the team for 12 months plus, Rogers was talking about wanting him to play as an 8, an he sees himself as an 8, why hasn't he played there more often??

....Rodgers!!!

As you can see, he had Maddison out wide in an attempt to shoehorn him into the team. Tielemans for Rodgers was pretty much the immovable object, and even when Tielemans was out due to injury, Rodgers failed to move him (Maddison) into a role that he would have been comfortable in, and where everything would have gone through him, in order to control the game. 

I must admit, I did not hear Rodgers clamouring for Maddison to occupy the #8 role by himself, but if that was the case he did not see fit to make it happen.

We have had success with Maddison and Tielemans playing together as #8's back in the day, it is not a foreign concept, we just had a manager who had lost the plot, and was unable to find answers.

6 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I'm not sure why any one would want to. 

47 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Rodgers!!!

As you can see, he had Maddison out wide in an attempt to shoehorn him into the team. Tielemans for Rodgers was pretty much the immovable object, and even when Tielemans was out due to injury, Rodgers failed to move him (Maddison) into a role that he would have been comfortable in, and where everything would have gone through him, in order to control the game. 

I must admit, I did not hear Rodgers clamouring for Maddison to occupy the #8 role by himself, but if that was the case he did not see fit to make it happen.

We have had success with Maddison and Tielemans playing together as #8's back in the day, it is not a foreign concept, we just had a manager who had lost the plot, and was unable to find answers.

The midfield has been extremely unbalanced. While we have other players not getting a lot of minutes. I'm all for playing players in slightly different positions. We have played Ndidi as a CB, playing Maddison as a 8 or Barnes as a striker alongside Vardy, is less mad than that.

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

The midfield has been extremely unbalanced. While we have other players not getting a lot of minutes. I'm all for playing players in slightly different positions. We have played Ndidi as a CB, playing Maddison as a 8 or Barnes as a striker alongside Vardy, is less mad than that.

...not sure if you are agreeing with me on this!!!

I have previously advocated (some time ago) for Barnes to play as a Striker, and Maddison can be used to play the #8 role at this moment.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

I like the thought of this:

Iverson

Ricardo Faes  Soyuncu Castagne

Mendy

Tielemans     Soumare

Maddison   Vardy   Barnes

Probably our strongest 11, of those fit. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2