Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure if you are agreeing with me on this!!!

I have previously advocated (some time ago) for Barnes to play as a Striker, and Maddison can be used to play the #8 role at this moment.

I'm saying I don't think hes anywhere near as affective as an 8, if he played there regularly he could become a more rounded midfielder, its one thing to do it for Norwich in the championship. Having said that, he probably is worth a punt as an 8, I guess purely as he'd probably contribute more than anyone else can there, it would need to be in a midfield 3 with a DM in there.

I've just watched a 3 minute video of them training having a laugh, doing some weird bumping chests thing and I'm convinced we are going to smash Fulham after seeing that, call me crazy I'm predicting a 3-0 win along with 2 more missed penalties.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I've just watched a 3 minute video of them training having a laugh, doing some weird bumping chests thing and I'm convinced we are going to smash Fulham after seeing that, call me crazy I'm predicting a 3-0 win along with 2 more missed penalties.

cuckoo-jack-black.gif

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered but I don’t fancy wading through over 300 post so why has this game been moved if it’s not for the heTV and presumably not for the coronation as spurs are playing at home?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered but I don’t fancy wading through over 300 post so why has this game been moved if it’s not for the heTV and presumably not for the coronation as spurs are playing at home?

At a guess it's because there are not enough police to cover two games in London at the same time with the coronation?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, davieG said:

It has been moved because of the coronation, logistics of travel of fans and policing capacity. 

39 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

It has been moved because of the coronation, logistics of travel of fans and policing capacity. 

Yet spurs are playing crystal palace 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I think I would go with a 3-5-2 here, Cags and Woutt are both more than capable of carrying the ball forward and/or picking the longer pass so we don’t need the double pívot at CDM.

Vards might have lost half a yard of pace and his sharpness is not quite there but he has looked dangerous running into the left channel for the last couple of games. To supply this we must have our best passers of the ball so Youri and Madders both start.

Wingbacks pick themselves unless RP is fully fit in which case I could be tempted to put him in instead of VK.

KDH had his faults but he is the best we have at picking up second balls in midfield.

Even a 90% Vardy scars defenders, lifts our crowd and winds up the home crowd. No Kells makes this an easy decision.

I really want to pick Daka and he might still be the future but Harvey is more experienced and has a good goals/assists record.  If it is not working though hook him at half-time, it’s always obvious by then if he is having a bad day. 

This leaves plenty of options on the bench depending on the state of the game after 60 mins.

So …

Danish Dan

Woutt

Cags

Souttar

Timmy

Youri

KDH

VK

Madders

Vards

Barnes

This line up will turn our left corridor to National highway.

Bloody suicidal. No way....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

I think I would go with a 3-5-2 here, Cags and Woutt are both more than capable of carrying the ball forward and/or picking the longer pass so we don’t need the double pívot at CDM.

Vards might have lost half a yard of pace and his sharpness is not quite there but he has looked dangerous running into the left channel for the last couple of games. To supply this we must have our best passers of the ball so Youri and Madders both start.

Wingbacks pick themselves unless RP is fully fit in which case I could be tempted to put him in instead of VK.

KDH had his faults but he is the best we have at picking up second balls in midfield.

Even a 90% Vardy scars defenders, lifts our crowd and winds up the home crowd. No Kells makes this an easy decision.

I really want to pick Daka and he might still be the future but Harvey is more experienced and has a good goals/assists record.  If it is not working though hook him at half-time, it’s always obvious by then if he is having a bad day. 

This leaves plenty of options on the bench depending on the state of the game after 60 mins.

So …

Danish Dan

Woutt

Cags

Souttar

Timmy

Youri

KDH

VK

Madders

Vards

Barnes

Think I'd go Ricky for VK, he's training Saturday and if he comes through that is available, play him for 45 minutes and give us a better start to the game.

Still waiting for that one game this season or at least recently where everything goes right, we have 8/10's across the board and we get it right and get a decent result, law of averages and all that.

Just seems we have to work so bloody hard for wins this season!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Still waiting for that one game this season or at least recently where everything goes right, we have 8/10's across the board and we get it right and get a decent result, law of averages and all that.

Just seems we have to work so bloody hard for wins this season!

I think you actually need to be a good side to have a team of 8/10’s?

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think it will be open and entertaining. I know the results haven't been amazing but the games we are involved in are much better to watch under Smith.

Smiths book on Chaos Theory compulsory reading for the team.

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2023 at 15:17, FoxinNotts said:

I like the thought of this:

Iverson

Ricardo Faes  Soyuncu Castagne

Mendy

Tielemans     Soumare

Maddison   Vardy   Barnes

KDH for Tielemans, though.

Our midfield has been lacking in fitness and fight; it has been the weak section of the team and usually outfought by the opposition.

Tielemans doesn't deserve his place just for the one or two brilliant moments, given his lackadaisical approach  ( not a good example to the rest of the team) and his propensity to sloppy moments in defence which gift goals to the opposition.

When in a dogfight like this you need the qualities brought by KDH.  For all his shortcomings, he will ensure we get more turnovers and ball possession  in the middle of the park, better complements Maddison beside him, and is more likely to link better with Barnes and bring him back to life.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deep blue said:

KDH for Tielemans, though.

Our midfield has been lacking in fitness and fight; it has been the weak section of the team and usually outfought by the opposition.

Tielemans doesn't deserve his place just for the one or two brilliant moments, given his lackadaisical approach  ( not a good example to the rest of the team) and his propensity to sloppy moments in defence which gift goals to the opposition.

When in a dogfight like this you need the qualities brought by KDH.  For all his shortcomings, he will ensure we get more turnovers and ball possession  in the middle of the park, better complements Maddison beside him, and is more likely to link better with Barnes and bring him back to life.

I agree with the points but I think possession will be between 50/50 and max 60/40 them, KDH will be more use against Newcastle and Liverpool. He was shocking in possession against Wolves, let's use him in games where we aren’t likely to have as much possession.

Edited by Beachyboy

47 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Spuds are 11 miles away Fulham is 4.5 miles. Is my only guess.

Could be. I guess with us travelling down, whilst the other game is all London based was a problem

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Could be. I guess with us travelling down, whilst the other game is all London based was a problem

I got told it was proximity to the event too. 4 miles to Fulham, 11 to Spurs. Yet I'd have thought around 3000 Palace fans travelling across London by various methods posed more of an issue than a few coachloads of Leicester fans coming down the M1. I thought the original idea was to move all the games to Sunday/Monday, which made far more sense.