Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

Just now, Lutterworth Fox said:

I was there in the hoardes behind the goal with my now deceased best mate 😪. Didn't see Ian Wilson's shot actually enter the goal as we all stumbled when the crowd surged forward. The noise was tremendous considering it was an open end. Unforgettable.

Unbelievable noise, I didn't see the goal either, but then I was 4 foot nothing at the time. I do remember the crowd surges, unforgettable day and of course the drama with Fulham went right to the last day and beyond with the pitch invasion at Derby. 

Last two matches were supposedly the big chances to pull clear. What happened?  We essentially failed.

So here's another chance to grasp the nettle and pull clear. Will we take it? Highly doubt it. If there's one thing we've become good at in the last 18 months it is bottling it and losing. But I guess hope springs eternal even though it is the hope that kills you.

FWIW I think the worst case scenario is, if Forest beat Southampton,  Everton get 1 or 3 points and we fail to win this match, we are as good as down. A Forest defeat or draw, an Everton defeat and a victory at Craven Cottage would put us in a much better place.

18 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Just over 40 years ago I was at Craven Cottage as a young boy to see us win 1-0 and take a huge step towards automatic promotion from what is now known as the Championship. I was 8 at the time and it felt like there were 50000 Leicester fans with me although it was more likely 5000. Today we need another monumental performance on and off the pitch. Come on City. 

I was there that day too with my late father. I was 13 at the time. Was a great day. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Unbelievable noise, I didn't see the goal either, but then I was 4 foot nothing at the time. I do remember the crowd surges, unforgettable day and of course the drama with Fulham went right to the last day and beyond with the pitch invasion at Derby. 

Some things you just never forget.....shame he died before our Premier League & FA cup successes, bet he was watching from upstairs though.

• Like 2

One positive to consider as opposed to the last two games - we can throw more caution to the wind for the win. Losing against Leeds or Everton would have not only been bad for our points total but disastrous in terms of giving those teams a leg up. If it's 1-1 going into the final few minutes, I can see us pushing really hard.

32 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Just over 40 years ago I was at Craven Cottage as a young boy to see us win 1-0 and take a huge step towards automatic promotion from what is now known as the Championship. I was 8 at the time and it felt like there were 50000 Leicester fans with me although it was more likely 5000. Today we need another monumental performance on and off the pitch. Come on City. 

Enjoyable watch.

Leicester 's no 8 looked to have potential.

Wallington picked up a back pass.

Wilson scored from a similar distance v Spurs in an FA Cup semi-final at Villa Park

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The ground!? We are 16th in the Premier League. Get some perspective...

But we've never won The Champion's League under the current owner.   Other teams have won it during his ownership.

Edited by majaco
Ambiguity
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, majaco said:

But we've never won The Champion's League under the current owner.   Other teams have.

I forgot about that lol come to think of it, we've never even qualified for the World Cup either.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, reynard said:

Last two matches were supposedly the big chances to pull clear. What happened?  We essentially failed.

So here's another chance to grasp the nettle and pull clear. Will we take it? Highly doubt it. If there's one thing we've become good at in the last 18 months it is bottling it and losing. But I guess hope springs eternal even though it is the hope that kills you.

A lot more pressure on those games though, less so today I think.. which may help us perform better.

• Like 1

We can't have Soumare just jogging about in this. We need Mendy in breaking up play or KDH to be a nuisance. We need to have some control of the midfield, or just disrupt their control. We are too easy to pass/walk through in the middle, Youri and Soumare are not the pairing to break anything up or control the area. 

If we can sort the middle out the back gets stronger and the attack becomes more potent. 

Clean sheet and 3 goals today, give the boys some confidence and belief. Would also put the pressure on the pack below too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Enjoyable watch.

Leicester 's no 8 looked to have potential.

Wallington picked up a back pass.

Wilson scored from a similar distance v Spurs in an FA Cup semi-final at Villa Park

I thought we lost the semi final 2-0 to be honest, did we have a goal disallowed? 

No 8 potential 😂 and of course, before the back pass rule!! Great keeper Mark Wallington

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I was there that day too with my late father. I was 13 at the time. Was a great day. 

I was there too in my burgundy stay press trousers, black and burgundy grandad shirt and green parka coat - I looked the blooming business - or a much of the business as a 12 year old can look.

I was right in line with Ian Wilson's shot and although he didn't hit it clean I could see it was going in the corner almost as soon as he hit it. 

I also remember there was a bit of trouble after the game with some Chelsea fans?  

It's probably still in my top 5 aways of all time - It was especially great as I managed to drag my dad down to London for a rare attendance from the old man

Singing hey hey Leicester City which has had a welcome return of late 

• Like 1

I don't quite understand. There's three games on today, all very pertinent to the relegation scrap, all good contests, all spaced out by a couple hours timed so they could all be broadcast, it's a bank holiday. Looks very deliberate. 

Everton are on BT, Forest are on Sky... we're not on? Anywhere in the UK? 

... wtf? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Thanks. But for those of us who are slightly more “magnificent of years” and don’t use streams ……. couldn’t see it in sky or BT? Have Amazon got it? 🤔🤷

No you can only get it by tapping into dodgy streams of foreign broadcasts:-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Me Weller 2 said:

Didn’t stop Spurs, Palace, Brentford or Chelsea. Its so they can show matches abroad on different days.

Club were notified very early that we were likely to be sacraficed to ease the pressure on the MET. Was originally expected we would be Tuesday from discussions the club had. 

Bank holiday has been spent mentally preparing myself for the upcoming disappointment and the realisation that we will be down. But there is a little part of me thinking we could get a result…think it’s called hope. 

At least we play first, it might feel less pressurising? 

Edited by fox_favourite