Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't quite understand. There's three games on today, all very pertinent to the relegation scrap, all good contests, all spaced out by a couple hours timed so they could all be broadcast, it's a bank holiday. Looks very deliberate. 

Everton are on BT, Forest are on Sky... we're not on? Anywhere in the UK? 

... wtf? 

Championship have 3 games on Sky at 3 probably why, final day.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Just over 40 years ago I was at Craven Cottage as a young boy to see us win 1-0 and take a huge step towards automatic promotion from what is now known as the Championship. I was 8 at the time and it felt like there were 50000 Leicester fans with me although it was more likely 5000. Today we need another monumental performance on and off the pitch. Come on City. 

I was there, that day, too. Only missed two games that season. Can’t that really be 40 years ago? 😳 Those away ends were different gravy, back then! 😍😍

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I thought we lost the semi final 2-0 to be honest, did we have a goal disallowed? 

No 8 potential 😂 and of course, before the back pass rule!! Great keeper Mark Wallington

Wilson was further out when he scored in that game. Probably goal of the season 

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

As you say, incredible. Clarke was an unpleasant person by all accounts, but a brilliant footballer, head and shoulders above most other players in the City team when he joined us. We still managed to get relegated though!

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

As you say, incredible. Clarke was an unpleasant person by all accounts, but a brilliant footballer, head and shoulders above most other players in the City team when he joined us. We still managed to get relegated though!

Big time Charlie. Highlight for us was his hat trick at Filbo in August 68 against Man CIty , same day Russia sent troops into Hungary to quell their attempt at independence so History repeating itself over 50 years later i'm afraid.

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

John Terry running around London with his Leicester kit on is one of the best things I've seen lol

Screenshot_20230508_092542_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092547_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092549_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092552_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092554_Instagram.jpg

If someone said “draw a guy who’s just opened a bar in Marbella”.

• Haha 2

On the train to London.  Can't exactly say i'm lookimg forward to it.  Got the feeling we really need to win today.  No easy task anywhere.  If we draw or lose, i'll change my tune and say we can beat Liverpool and/or Newcastle blah blah blah ... but i'd be clutching at straws.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

For those with money dotted about London. Tickets today for £85 going from stand at Piccadilly Circus

ouch!!!

That’s cheap for fulham considering Fulham want to charge £3k for a season ticket! 

Edited by fox_favourite

33 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Soumare has been one of our best 3 players over the last 3 games 

I’m torn on him, I know a lot of people have said this, but I don’t think he has….. he has looked a bit stronger in the ball, but I feel personally, that he has still ambled around the pitch. One of the biggest problems against Everton was they won the midfield battle, not through skill, but determination. There were a few occasions where he left gaping gaps for other players to attack.

I think he’s improved, but I still feel he is a liability, it’s just not as obvious.

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

John Terry running around London with his Leicester kit on is one of the best things I've seen lol

Screenshot_20230508_092542_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092547_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092549_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092552_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_092554_Instagram.jpg

he is meant to be at Fulham motivating LCFC not f****** sight seeing

38 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Soumare has been one of our best 3 players over the last 3 games 

Yes, same old clichés. Soumare has been one of our better players now he’s being played in a more suitable position and role similar to where he played in France. Strange that, round peg in round hole seems to work! 

In comparison, Tielemans has been poor and continues to get picked on past reputation, should be on the bench at best. He continues to regularly give up possession and dwell on the ball and get caught napping. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m torn on him, I know a lot of people have said this, but I don’t think he has….. he has looked a bit stronger in the ball, but I feel personally, that he has still ambled around the pitch. One of the biggest problems against Everton was they won the midfield battle, not through skill, but determination. There were a few occasions where he left gaping gaps for other players to attack.

I think he’s improved, but I still feel he is a liability, it’s just not as obvious.

Tielemans has been similar in that he doesnt have intensity we need to win the midfield battle but soumare has been better on the ball and off the ball. We need to be replacing Tielemans in the lineup, not soumare.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

On the train to London.  Can't exactly say i'm lookimg forward to it.  Got the feeling we really need to win today.  No easy task anywhere.  If we draw or lose, i'll change my tune and say we can beat Liverpool and/or Newcastle blah blah blah ... but i'd be clutching at straws.

Biggest clutching at straws since Aunt Sally gave Worzel Gummidge a handjob.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Tielemans has been similar in that he doesnt have intensity we need to win the midfield battle but soumare has been better on the ball and off the ball. We need to be replacing Tielemans in the lineup, not soumare.

And for all the fancy twists and turns that Madders does (that slow down play anyway), he is weak as pi** in midfield and a bit part of us getting overrun. In the last few games, Soumare has been one of the strongest in midfield. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:
6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Expand  

And for all the fancy twists and turns that Madders does (that slow down play anyway), he is weak as pi** in midfield and a bit part of us getting overrun. In the last few games, Soumare has been one of the strongest in midfield. 

We're probably not going to create many (any) chances without either Tielemans or Maddison out there though.

41 minutes ago, jerry said:

Big time Charlie. Highlight for us was his hat trick at Filbo in August 68 against Man CIty , same day Russia sent troops into Hungary to quell their attempt at independence so History repeating itself over 50 years later i'm afraid.

Czechoslovakia, Hungary was 1956.

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

We're probably not going to create many (any) chances without either Tielemans or Maddison out there though.

Agree. Its the conundrum we have faced all season. Although, i felt Soumare was more creative against Wolves. Just so happens that Madders didn't play that day.