Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Tielemans has been similar in that he doesnt have intensity we need to win the midfield battle but soumare has been better on the ball and off the ball. We need to be replacing Tielemans in the lineup, not soumare.

But do we? Yes Youri lacks intensity, but the midfield is always a mess without him in it. He has the brain and capability to win a football match. None of our other CM are goal threats. 

Let’s not forget he’s contributed to some extremely important moments in this club’s history. 

He has not been at his best this season, but let’s not bash the guy, he’s contributes a damn site more than KDH, Soumare, N’didi and Mendy in recent history. 

In my opinion we need to get the balance right to help Youri…. And Soumare isn’t it in my opinion.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

We're probably not going to create many (any) chances without either Tielemans or Maddison out there though.

There's multiple ways to create chances. Okazaki would create more chances than Maddison or Tielemans, albeit very differently. Our main issue is that we never get the ball back until our opponents create a chance, because Maddison/Tielemans/Barnes just get walked past defensively. I'd like to see KDH play behind Vardy because he will join the press unlike the others. 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But do we? Yes Youri lacks intensity, but the midfield is always a mess without him in it. He has the brain and capability to win a football match. None of our other CM are goal threats. 

Let’s not forget he’s contributed to some extremely important moments in this club’s history. 

He has not been at his best this season, but let’s not bash the guy, he’s contributes a damn site more than KDH, Soumare, N’didi and Mendy in recent history. 

In my opinion we need to get the balance right to help Youri…. And Soumare isn’t it in my opinion.

We've been trying to get the best out of Tielemans all season and outside of a couple games it hasnt happened. 

Our best football under smith was the last 30 minutes against wolves with Soumare on the pitch and Tielemans subbed off.

As a club we need to stop playing players out of loyalty for what theyvd done in the past for us and play the players who are on form for us and deserve to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I was there, that day, too. Only missed two games that season. Can’t that really be 40 years ago? 😳 Those away ends were different gravy, back then! 😍😍

I remember sheltering from a hailstorm in the factory doorways along Burnmoor Street before the Burnley game last day of the season. Then stewards came outside saying lock the gates it's full. My dad couldn't believe it, we desperately tried to get in and walked to the main car park. 

Heard a huge roar as the teams came out and then a guy came up to my dad and said you want tickets mate, all I can remember is we walked through the entrance, through past the boardroom, the rest is a blur until we end up with 2 seats upstairs in the Double Decker.  To this day, I don't know who he was other than my dad said early 20s. What a day that was too. 

• Haha 1

People on here saying he’s better than him, drop him for him etc etc, but the fact is that every one of our (mostly international) players has been - for whatever reason - inconsistent, poor or downright rubbish this season. That’s why we are where we are.

Individually and collectively they have to show up now - when we really need them to. Prove they care, prove they are as good as they think they are.

Trouble is, I’m not sure they can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I remember sheltering from a hailstorm in the factory doorways along Burnmoor Street before the Burnley game last day of the season. Then stewards came outside saying lock the gates it's full. My dad couldn't believe it, we desperately tried to get in and walked to the main car park. 

Heard a huge roar as the teams came out and then a guy came up to my dad and said you want tickets mate, all I can remember is we walked through the entrance, through past the boardroom, the rest is a blur until we end up with 2 seats upstairs in the Double Decker.  To this day, I don't know who he was other than my dad said early 20s. What a day that was too. 

Burnley game, one of the 2 times I went on the Filbert Street pitch (Oxford being the other) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Imagine thinking Maddison and Tielemans can't play together in our midfield when we finished fifth twice with them there. 

Fvck me some people come out with some waffle. 

Crazy, what a season. 

Shame we couldn't get them on the pitch for 6 games in a row more often. It'd all be over by now. 

Screenshot_20230508_130255_FotMob.thumb.jpg.4799fe99219f45b505b07d38926e9493.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_130120_FotMob.thumb.jpg.5824ccf354c3bd39a9f1b57c1a495bd4.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_125904_FotMob.thumb.jpg.a85f631351287ea25e440ed17de1d340.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_125649_FotMob.thumb.jpg.8e36dcf133492553f938cc1ccc6b4dfa.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_125309_FotMob.thumb.jpg.ccc4b12d5ae3047020a1e379f2b41ad2.jpg

Screenshot_20230508_125236_FotMob.thumb.jpg.7662a183c0464eaea4335c9ceb4a4476.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Heskey2011 said:

Hope Maddison can work out the difference between "taking responsibility" and thinking all the responsibility rests on his shoulders alone.

This should have been Deanos number one priority last week. Madders is so dangerous when he release the ball quickly. When he hoards it, not so much. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Could I please request that we stop posting or quoting pictures of John Terry in Leicester shirts please? Thanks.

Away with you, it's been a lovely distraction, JT taking the pressure off the lads by making himself look ridiculous 🤣

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I was there, that day, too. Only missed two games that season. Can’t that really be 40 years ago? 😳 Those away ends were different gravy, back then! 😍😍

I was there too. I also remember a big number of Fulham fans coming at us after the game down one of the streets near the ground,  and a very brave leicester fan at the front shouting "Stand your ground Leicester!" in defiance. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Imagine thinking Maddison and Tielemans can't play together in our midfield when we finished fifth twice with them there. 

Fvck me some people come out with some waffle. 

Tbf Ndidi was one of our best players then during that era, now look at him. Time moves on

Edited by South Shire Fox