Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

How on earth are fulham nearly 2/1 to win this- thats literally giving money away- we were shambolic last night - the amount of attempts we let everton have at our goal was a joke- wasnt any better at leeds- championship manager with championship tactics- more and more of his team selection and sub selection show his level- thomas horrible, that midfield 3 horrible, daka on the wing jesus- kdh not even getting on as a sub- thomas marking tarkowski for corners- thank god they couldnt hit a barn door-  some truly mental stuff that is easily up there with some of bodgers decisions- our keeper was truly magnificent last night- 4 or 5 world class saves or we get battered- we are wide open and have lost any style of build up play at all- quite simply relying on maddison to pull something out of the hat that vardy can get on the end of- thats the plan- the only plan- dont think iv enjoyed a game less than last night in a long long time- if fulham create half that many chances against us they beat us comfortably- my heart wont let me bet against leicester but some people will make a fortune monday with those odds

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

We need 4 points from the next 3 games to go into the last game probably needing a win to survive (I’d take that right now).

We can do it the easier way vs. Fulham or harder vs. Liverpool or Newcastle.   A win is win.

4 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

We need 4 points from the next 3 games to go into the last game probably needing a win to survive (I’d take that right now).

We can do it the easier way vs. Fulham or harder vs. Liverpool or Newcastle.   A win is win.

If we get 4 points before the West Ham game could quite possibly only need to draw that

Time for those forward players to stand up with a performance we know they are capable of. 

Three of our eleven last night went beyond the normal level - the others continually made silly decisions and didn't look up for that extra yard. 

I keep saying this one is must win this one is must win. West Ham and Fulham need to be 6 points and even then I have a feeling Forest and Everton will sneak 7. We should be clear instead we'll be going to the Cottage needing a win.

You would think that Everton and Leeds will lose this week so a win here would be massive . 3 games unbeaten Even if we should have won the last 2 it’s still 2 points on the board and keeps us out the bottom 3 for now. Hoping vardy is on it for the rest of the season now 

• Like 2

I’d go:

Iversen

Castagne

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Soumare

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Although I’d love to see Daka start we also need to be mindful if one of him or Vardy gets injured we are truly screwed. 

• Like 1

In light of not winning either of the last 2 (I appreciate that 'not losing' is a positive) and with them having arguably their three best and most influential players out for this, we MUST grab this opportunity and win. I fully get the jeopardy involved in the last two games and the fear of losing to a relegation rival, but there's zero excuse here. 

They're better than us, but with those players missing and their motivational levels not at their peak, we have to take this game to allow us to at the very worst, go into the last game with a chance. Be brave and be positive. 

• Like 1

No excuses.

I don't want to hear the same people who argued that last night's game was tough because it was against another team 'fighting for their lives', argue that we get a poor result here because there is 'No pressure' on Fulham.

There was huge pressure on Everton last night, and they ran all over us, against another side who is supposed to be fighting for their lives. We should be going there, running all over them, and winning comfortably. But I'm already resigned to the drop, it's what we deserve, as we're no better than Southampton, I'd argue we're even worse than them. 

After my negative ramblings last night, if we win here I think we’ll be on the road to safety. Looking at Fulham’s last 7 Prem home results doesn’t fill me with dred, now I’ve taken my over emotive hat off …

Lost 2-1 Man C

Won 2-1 Leeds
Lost 1-0 West Ham
Lost 3-0 Arsenal
Drew 1-1 Wolves
Won 2-0 Forest
Lost 1-0 Spurs

With Liverpool and Newcastle coming up, we need to get maximum pts I think and hope there are no unexpected results over the wkend.

Edited by MalletFox

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

have lost any style of build up play at all

Well our recent style of ball retention at all costs and aimless negative passing until we cock up didn't get us anywhere did it. We are not Man.City , we do no have the quality of players. We are good enough for the PL but the glory days are over and are not coming back any time soon. We have to be a team who will be known as competitive and hard to beat and yes we need the players who can do that. Our example now should be Brentford, Fulham and maybe Crystal Palace. No real stars but really competitive outfits.

It’s all a mental game

fulham regardless of what happens today are safe from relegation. They are not battling a for survival. They are also not going to roll over and have their tummy tickled. 
we gotta really want this but need to be smart too. Just chaos at time yesterday allowing everton to come at us time and time again. I really don’t know what was going on half the time it was end to end.

what we can do is play really good football when are heads are in it and we move the ball quickly and incisively. That is Leicester at its best. We cannot get sucked into the opposition style of play which we did against Everton and lost. We have to keep possession but be positive and keep it moving forwards. Also must not give sloppy passes where we get hit on the counter as we are not very good at recovering well atleast some players in midfield.

for me thomas is out! (Too soft/gullable)

KRISTIANSON back in but stay cool & calm and get balls up to barnes and tell him to run. God gave him the gift to run at defenders so he should be doing that.

N’didi is out! (Too slow/ useless)

MENDY back in to keep the ball and pass it along to miss field.

Soumare is doing good but needs td better

Has to play max power fir 90 min or sub out

cant afford to have slow moments or half hearted challenges and not leg it back.