Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

They must be considering leaving both left backs out - neither good enough - id rather move castagne over there and bring Souter or evans I’m and play faes at right back - he is quick enough - left Back is a massive problem 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well there is. 

You.... saw the last 2 matches, right?

You know, against teams we need to beat to send them down rather than us?

All the time Rudkin is at the club, we are doomed.

48 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

We need to stop conceding so many chances. Soumare and Tielemans are part of the reason and bringing in Ndidi hasn’t helped.

Mendy should be given a go now. 

I have been Soumare's biggest critic for ages now but the last 2 games he's been ok. However I just cannot understand why both BR and Deano keep playing Ndidi over Mendy?! Make's no sense to me. Youri will be there until the end of the season so no point debating that (unless obviously he gets injured) - he may give the ball away a lot but on occasions he's the only one that can unlock the oppositions defence. 

I think Tete has been crap, but when he played alongside Daka, Vardy and Iheanacho we actually had players willing to press. Bringing back Maddison and Barnes into the team after Wolves have retuned us to this side that gets overrun because we don't press cohesively. 

Iversen

Castagne

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Tielemans

Soumare

Tete

KDH

Daka

Vardy

It's the most cohesive team we have, as was showed against Wolves. Play Barnes and Maddison and we just get run over again and again. KDH will join the press with the front 3, in an Okazaki type role. Iheanacho is a big miss.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I have been Soumare's biggest critic for ages now but the last 2 games he's been ok. However I just cannot understand why both BR and Deano keep playing Ndidi over Mendy?! Make's no sense to me. Youri will be there until the end of the season so no point debating that (unless obviously he gets injured) - he may give the ball away a lot but on occasions he's the only one that can unlock the oppositions defence. 

Soumare has been good recently but he’s not a defensive midfielder and it shows with how easy teams get at our defence. 

Mendy

Soumare Tielemans

but that means Maddison out wide and Vardy isolated so maybe a diamond

I think we have to go 532. It’s the only way I can see us shoring up our defence. The three CBs pick themselves, and I think it would help VK’s and TC’s games too.

If we’re continuing with Bouba in midfield (as we probably should) then I think the more compact three would help his game, and it would leave us with several options for the two up top.

It’s never been a super fluid formation for us, but making it a bit stodgy with a 532 has helped us in crappy periods previously.

If we don’t make this or any other kind of change, we’ll be stuck in a series of basketball games/slugfests and we don’t have the quality at the back to come out on top against anyone we have left to play.

Still 12 points to play for and we have to maximise our chances of getting them.

• Like 2

We’ve somehow gone from having one of the best midfields outside the top 6 to genuinely one of the worst. It’s hard to get the right balance. 

We could try this…..

Mendy

Tielemans Soumare 

Maddison

……with two up top. But obviously that gives us absolutely no width at all. God knows. 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

We’ve somehow gone from having one of the best midfields outside the top 6 to genuinely one of the worst. It’s hard to get the right balance. 

We could try this…..

Mendy

Tielemans Soumare 

Maddison

……with two up top. But obviously that gives us absolutely no width at all. God knows. 

This with wingbacks providing the width and 3atb??

Vards lone striker

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

This with wingbacks providing the width and 3atb??

Vards lone striker

Yeah. But then Vardy may be isolated. I honestly don’t know. I do think Mendy should play though. 

Mendy has looked good whenever he has played, but predict it will be Soumaré, KDH and Youri in there, I’d like a diamond with Maddison but expect it to be 433 again 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Yeah. But then Vardy may be isolated. I honestly don’t know. I do think Mendy should play though. 

I think we saw him isolated simply because of the play style. If you do this it largely plays to our strengths:

Iversen

Souttar Faes Cags

Castagne                        Kristiansen

Mendy 

Tielemans Soumare

Maddison

Vardy

- Castagne freed from heading the ball back post (which he cannot do)

- Vardy on the counter 

- Maddison central

- Packs the midfield 

- Tielemans stays DLP and Soumare can get forward where Kristiansen is more likely to track back

- No Barnes who looked completely off it last night 

• Like 3

Not sure if someone’s posted but Fulham are without Ream and Pereira for this one.

They have nothing to play for and hopefully be thinking about their holidays.

We have better players than them so let’s go and beat them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Maddison should really be playing the Okazaki role. I don't wanna see him anywhere near our half, Vardy would then not be isolated.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KFS said:

I think we saw him isolated simply because of the play style. If you do this it largely plays to our strengths:

Iversen

Souttar Faes Cags

Castagne                        Kristiansen

Mendy 

Tielemans Soumare

Maddison

Vardy

- Castagne freed from heading the ball back post (which he cannot do)

- Vardy on the counter 

- Maddison central

- Packs the midfield 

- Tielemans stays DLP and Soumare can get forward where Kristiansen is more likely to track back

- No Barnes who looked completely off it last night 

It has surely got to be more defensively solid, we can't be playing these types of basketball matches like we seen against Everton and to a lesser extent Leeds. We felt more solid against Wolves in the 2nd half, I don't know if that because we had a lead to defend. The game would of been a lot more interesting for us had we not conceded so early in the first half.

• Like 1

Still think 4231 is our best formation, even though we don't have a single competent natural RW. Think Praet is our best option for RW - he's not a world beater but he's a good, solid technical player who works hard and looks after the ball. 

We don't have the players for a 433 as Maddison either gets shunted out wide or has to play as an 8, neither of which suits him as well as being in the 10.

We always look poor in an attacking sense in a 352 or 343.

A diamond is an option but I worry our full backs would be exposed, especially whoever we play at LB. Plus it's not a system we have played in a long time and now is not the time for experimenting.

So, my team would be:

Iversen

Tim

Faes

Cags 

VK

Youri

Soumaré

Praet

Maddison

Barnes 

Vardy

It's not perfect but then our squad is horribly unbalanced so it's probably the least worst option. 

• Like 2