Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

On 01/05/2023 at 23:35, Matt said:

I get the reasoning behind why this is on a Monday.

How come Tottenham are at home to Palace on the Saturday though?

Route planner says craven cottage is 4.5 miles away shitehart lane is 11miles proximity I would guess 

On 02/05/2023 at 00:57, Lambert09 said:

4231 with praet on the right… it’s really not that hard. 

i was thinking exactly the same, same team as usual but get Maddison as a 10, Praet being a workhorse on the right allowing Castagne to overlap and Praet to come inside and make it a three when Barnes is attacking.

Win this (and we're slight favourites) would force Leeds to get a win and a draw to overtake us or Everton to get two wins or a win and two draws and both will really struggle to do that.

3pts here and our opponents need snookers, don't win and it's probably going to the last game of the season with us right in the thick of it. This is our last big chance to make the run in relatively comfortable for ourselves.

• Thanks 1

Would go with the below personally. Think Maddison has a tendency to come too deep when starting in the middle and we need him in the final third. But would be quite flexible between him and Praet, with madders coming more centrally when we have the ball.                 

Iversen 

Castagne - Faes - Söyüncü - Kristiansen     
             Tielemans - Soumaré 

Maddison  -  Praet  -  Barnes 

Vardy

• Like 3

We need to play 433, whenever we’ve played a 4231 we’ve been too open, particularly with Tielemans and Soumare as the pair.

Iversen 

Castagne 

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Mendy

Soumare

Tielemans 

Barnes

Vardy

Maddison

Praet on for Mendy and Soumare as DM if we need more attacking thrust 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

Probably the most winnable of our remaining fixtures, all things considered. 

If we score first we could probably get a result - which is literally our only hope given the two games we've got following this one. 

The last time we scored first and won was November 

• Sad 1

Iversen

Castagne

Faes 

Soynchu 

Kristiansen

Mendy

Dewsbury-Hall

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Tete 

4-3-3

Think Maddie needs to be behind Vardy, to be that extra treat. I think we freeze him out playing on the wings. Interestingly Tielemans don't make starting XI.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Think Maddie needs to be behind Vardy, to be that extra treat. I think we freeze him out playing on the wings.

Edited 2 minutes ago by Leicesterpool

He's produced the best goals and assists figures in his career playing on the right 

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fulham's best defender, best attacking midfielder and best striker are all out for this game. Won't have a better chance this season to go there and beat them.

If we get beaten, it won't be because they are full strength or they are playing for anything. Cant see them going full pelt like Everton did.

They play tonight against the pool too.

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

bring VK at LB, as Thomas frankly isnt good enough imo

madders in the middle as a 10, either Praet/Tete at RW

maybe Mendy as DM for Soumare

Both of those left backs are a liability.

In other news Bertrand is reported to be training really well.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Route planner says craven cottage is 4.5 miles away shitehart lane is 11miles proximity I would guess 

I only realised yesterday that not all games are on the Monday, can't believe anything in London is going ahead, let alone a football match with 60k spectators. 11 miles or not there's going to be mad traffic everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We need to play 433, whenever we’ve played a 4231 we’ve been too open, particularly with Tielemans and Soumare as the pair.

Iversen 

Castagne 

Faes

Soyuncu

Kristiansen

Mendy

Soumare

Tielemans 

Barnes

Vardy

Maddison

Praet on for Mendy and Soumare as DM if we need more attacking thrust 

did you actually think we were less open against everton? 

Can’t wait for this one, away end will go into orbit with a win. Injury’s will hurt them but they can pop the ball around well and are so strong down the wings with their fullbacks and wingers. Not going to be easy and they don’t look on the beach just yet. They don’t win or lose by many. 2-1 Vardy and Madders. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Would go with the below personally. Think Maddison has a tendency to come too deep when starting in the middle and we need him in the final third. But would be quite flexible between him and Praet, with madders coming more centrally when we have the ball.                 

Iversen 

Castagne - Faes - Söyüncü - Kristiansen     
             Tielemans - Soumaré 

Maddison  -  Praet  -  Barnes 

Vardy

...I can see the logic in dealing with Maddison dropping back too deep!!!

It seems a drastic move to make to prevent a situation when pre-game instructions should suffice. I would rather after looking at what we have served up recently we go to a back three as a Tielemans and Soumare double pivot is not the strongest midfield that we could put out.

Iversen

Faes        Soyuncu         Souttar

Castagne       Praet         Maddison     Soumare      Kristiansen

Vardy                  Barnes

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

If we get beaten, it won't be because they are full strength or they are playing for anything. Cant see them going full pelt like Everton did.

They play tonight against the pool too.

Our next two opponents. Here's to a full-bloodied, ill-tempered thriller with loads of injuries and a red card or two...:fc:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tiny earl said:

Both of those left backs are a liability.

In other news Bertrand is reported to be training really well.

lets be right tho, VK is better than Thomas, rather have VK than thomas after his performance Monday night

• Like 2

Fulham have injuries and suspensions and they play Liverpool tonight so 2 extra days rest for Leicester. How many more times will we have an opportunity to raise our game. Hasn't happened yet and only hope it does on Monday. If not we deserve all we get.

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The unknown variable in this is Fulham. If they are fully motivated then I think the most we'll get out out of this game is another point.

I think they were very lucky to get a win at the KP earlier in the season when they were in much better form than now. We were a complete shambles in the first half (i think this was the game KDH got injured in the warm up), but had their backs against the wall in the 2nd. I think the first half was one of the worst BR displays i ever saw.

• Like 2