Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Fulham away - Mon 8th May

52 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Surely the Youri in a 10 experiment failed miserably on Monday night, the lad can’t press.

Drop Ndidi and bring in KDH to play in that pressing 10 role.

It’s then whether Smith goes for a DM in Mendy or persists with Youri next to Soumare?

...I felt when he moved Youri forward and gave Castagne the license to go forward and then got Ndidi to slot in at right back as cover, we appeared to have taken control of the game and were a very productive part of our game. This included setting Vardy free to beat the Keeper only to hit the cross-bar and gain the penalty just before halftime!!!

They got back into the game not too long after the start of the second half and again we had to raise ourselves in the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Four points gives us a chance. Therefore, with defeat highly likely at Newcastle, we almost certainly have to win one of the other three. Realistically, this is one of the two where we stand a reasonable chance. Has to be a team to go out and try to win. 

Four's not enough. Forest easily capable of beating Saints and from how they're (not) performing probably Chelsea too. Everton have enough to get points from Wolves and Bournemouth. I don't think he's done anything except send us out to win (Man City aside) It's now a case of whether the squad still believe they can do it against a side that's got very little left to play for

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I felt when he moved Youri forward and gave Castagne the license to go forward and then got Ndidi to slot in at right back as cover, we appeared to have taken control of the game and were a very productive part of our game. This included setting Vardy free to beat the Keeper only to hit the cross-bar and gain the penalty just before halftime!!!

They got back into the game not too long after the start of the second half and again we had to raise ourselves in the game.

Which I kinda see but in the relegation fight that we’re in, trying to play this way with zero midfield adds to why we allowed Everton to have 23 attempts on goal - probably their most all season by a long, long way.

KDH isn’t the long term answer but his energy/press next to Vardy is surely needed during this run in period?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which I kinda see but in the relegation fight that we’re in, trying to play this way with zero midfield adds to why we allowed Everton to have 23 attempts on goal - probably their most all season by a long, long way.

KDH isn’t the long term answer but his energy/press next to Vardy is surely needed during this run in period?

....yeah, I would rather we defended from the front than have to defend at the back!!!

12 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

We were poor when we played them earlier in the season (especially in the 1st half). That said, they were also pretty poor. Mitrović being banned is a huge bonus.  Need to ensure Barnes is aware of his defensive responsibilities. He sure wasn’t the last time!!!! 

Barnes was in Tetes pocket the whole game as well. Don’t see too much difference happening on Monday

3 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Barnes was in Tetes pocket the whole game as well. Don’t see too much difference happening on Monday

Poor but we also could've scored alot, they only had 1 chance 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yeah, I would rather we defended from the front than have to defend at the back!!!

I'm sure that's what Smith said keep them away from the goal, which is the complete opposite of what we seen against Everton 

10 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

They’re having a great season but I wasn’t impressed when we played them at home.

As per we let them score first then they spent the rest of the game time wasting.

That Fulham time wasting was bordering on cheating. They exploited and bent the laws whilst almost being encouraged by the officials. 

Only Arsenal were worse. 

Each individual game needs to be seen as such. Fulham have got nothing to play for, regardless of recent performances. As we saw last season, we were in their position when Everton came and they beat us to ultimately stay up. 

The form book goes out of the window more of less when you come to these kind of run ins, it’s the team that dares often wins. 

We are unbeaten in three, whilst Forest, Leeds, Everton and Southampton have still lost games. We seem despondent about not beating “shit” like Leeds and Everton, but the reality is they’re scrapping and shitting themselves as much as we are.

I work with an Everton fan and a Forest fan. Both say exactly the same as the majority of us, that they’re 100% going down and can’t see where the next point is coming from.

It is now a lottery, and the two teams who have shown a little bit of something in the run in has been us and Everton.

Leeds have a rancid run of games coming up, and to be honest, it will be tough to see where their points will come. West Ham will still need points themselves, and Leeds are getting nothing from Man City and Newcastle. 

Forest’s is also nasty, mark my words Southampton will not be easy, a win takes them within 3 points of safety, it’s such a Southampton thing to do to turn up and beat them. That will really blow the relegation door open again.  

No one will probably take an advantage, it’s going to the wire, we just need to keep our heads above that until we face West Ham. But I’m confident that we will be able to pick up 4 points before playing West Ham we need one freak result, which we’re more than capable of getting. Despite our current state. 

It’s a lottery, but I still maintain that Leeds and Forest are in a slightly more precarious position than we are. It may come down to goal difference, which is a bonus for us. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Yes I don’t think that will have gone un noticed. I think it is difficult to bring Mendy and kdh in without dropping ndidi and soumare or kdh. Playing Vardy means we need someone to see and be able to feed his runs. Madders does this and so can youri from a deeper position. Fulham are a tall athletic team so that points to keeping ndidi although Mendy annd kdh cover the ground, can win second balls and retain better in tight spaces. Either way some tough choices need to be made. Drop ndidi and bring in KDH for energy and high press. Drop youri for Mendy and his metronomic passing energy and ball retention. Or lose barnes and go one up top with a strengthened attacking midfield behind.

Another option would be to bring in soutar for three at the back and use castagne and VK to bolster midfield play soumare madders and kdh in midfield with Vardy up top. The aim needs to be start quicker and get that first goal whatever choices are made and push on from there. 

• Like 1