Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Are we staying up?

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up?

• Yes
    • No

I'm afraid I've seen us relegated 7 times before and this season has all of the hallmarks - Terrible management, confused tactics, dodgy team selections, crap substitutions, numerous injuries, lack of effort, late goals conceded, opportunities to save ourselves continually not taken, late grasp of the situation we've been in etc etc 

It's been an absolute shambles. Either way I'd get rid of the majority of players and start again - This lot have stunk the place out for too long 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'm afraid I've seen us relegated 7 times before and this season has all of the hallmarks - Terrible management, confused tactics, dodgy team selections, crap substitutions, numerous injuries, lack of effort, late goals conceded, opportunities to save ourselves continually not taken, late grasp of the situation we've been in etc etc 

It's been an absolute shambles. Either way I'd get rid of the majority of players and start again - This lot have stunk the place out for too long 

Completely right.  All of this is also true of clubs who survive every season though, so we still have a chance.

• Like 1

My season...

No way - up to the return of the season after the world cup

Possibly -  just before BR was fired

Probably - after the Bournemouth game

Back to staying up but possibly going down - once we got Smith in

Fvck knows, roll off a dice - Now

Voted yes to remain optimistic

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Think we had to beat one of Leeds or Everton. Ideally we should have got at least 4 points from those matches.

Fulham, Liverpool and Newcastle can comfortably beat us.

Not confident.

Fulham have nothing to play for Newcastle should have secured CL football by the time we play them and will hopefully take their eye off the ball after a long hard season. Liverpool are hitting some form but champions league spot should be out of reach and a Europa League spot pretty much guaranteed. Not quite on the beach but hopefully the added pressure of the relegation fight gives us the edge.

Edited by Captain...

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I’ve no confidence in us getting another win. Which is the very least we require. Said before the Everton game we needed 2 wins and a draw. When we can’t beat shit like Everton, Leeds, Southampton and Bournemouth then I really do fear for us. 

this sums it up for me, 4 very winnable games we have messed up

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’ve no confidence in us getting another win. Which is the very least we require. Said before the Everton game we needed 2 wins and a draw. When we can’t beat shit like Everton, Leeds, Southampton and Bournemouth then I really do fear for us. 

The problem is we're playing teams that are also fighting for their lives. Fulham should be the easiest of these games. If we can't beat Fulham then there is no hope.

Is there a not sure, but we might looking at how crap we have been , but we might stay up because other are just as shit...needs more options!!

Edited by Raj

42 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

I could see us doing something ridiculous like losing to Fulham and Liverpool, beating Newcastle away and then having a nervy draw on the last day vs West Ham to keep us up. We never do anything easy. 

I hate being negative but this lot just don't seem to have it in them. 

It's felt for ages that they're playing to about 70% with some about on 50% effort 

That display against Blackburn was a total disgrace - the first half against Palace was an absolute disgrace too 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2

While going down is gut-churning, depressing and financially dreadful, I've tried my best to think of some of the silver linings:

1) The Board: Going from finishing 8th and being in a European semi final to relegation the following season with a very high wage bill is absolutely scandalous. The apocalyptic nature in which our club has been mismanaged from a footballing perspective - notably the contract situation of so many players - will surely lead to a few people facing the axe. While I think Rudkin is only the figurehead of a wider group of executive staff who've allowed this situation to fester, I feel quite confident that our relegation will finally get rid of the rotting roots. 

2) The Squad: While we will lose a few talented players who've brought us joy over the years, relegation will inevitably lead to a huge squad overhaul. Whether it's for a fee, or on a free, it gives us a chance to rebuild, going back to the reason we were so successful in the first place - getting young, hungry players who have the potential to grow. Souttar and Kristiansen have been shoved into a team that is well and truly broken - but they have the potential to be really important players for us in the long run and will definitely do well in the Championship. Ultimately, it's a full-scale rebuild, that wouldn't otherwise be available to us this summer if we stay in the Premier League. While that's a sad state of affairs, we could return back to the Premier League with a much healthier balance in the squad to start pushing for the top 8 - not to make the same mistakes again. Importantly, under the right manager, it's the perfect league for some of our youngsters to grow and develop. 

3) The Away Days: Way more fun in the Championship, let's be honest. Getting back to winning most weeks is also, really fun. 

While being relegated would be absolutely shit - it might just be exactly what we need to become a force again in the long run. 

• Like 1

When the club appointed Dean, the best case scenario was that we'd win the games against our rivals at the bottom and pull away from the relegation zone before the Liverpool and Newcastle games. The worst case scenario was that we'd lose those games and still be stuck on 25 points with a mountain to climb.

Instead we have a middle ground scenario in which we're top of the mini-group of five but only on goal difference. However, we're unbeaten in three and are clearly a lot more resilient than we were under Rodgers. I think it will be close but we'll just survive, possibly thanks to that superior goal difference. 

• Like 2

No, we’re gone. There’s absolutely no evidence that we’ll get anything from our remaining games, given we couldn’t beat Leeds or Everton who are far, far worse than the teams we’ve yet to face. 

We aren’t good enough and it just doesn’t mean much to the players. Relegation doesn’t affect 90% of them because they won’t be here to play in the championship. 

• Like 1