Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Are we staying up?

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up?

• Yes
    • No

I've been saying for ages I hope it doesn't go down to the final game v West Ham because I wouldn't trust this gutless group of players to win it under such huge pressure.

Now, after the draws v Leeds and Everton, I hope it does - because beating West Ham is probably our only realistic hope of survival.

I guess that's a long-winded way of saying No, we are not staying up.

I think we go into the last day with it in our own hands, we win then we stay up. 

I also think West Ham will be safely in their final position by the last day, meaning that they'll finish above us even if we beat them - this plays massively into our hands. 

I think we will stay up. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think so – had to beat one of Everton or Leeds, for me.

We had chances to lose both games at the end. I think we stay up and look at those games as 2 points gained instead of 4 points lost, Leeds run is tough. Its between us Forest and Everton for 1 premiership place.

8 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I've been saying for ages I hope it doesn't go down to the final game v West Ham because I wouldn't trust this gutless group of players to win it under such huge pressure.

Now, after the draws v Leeds and Everton, I hope it does - because beating West Ham is probably our only realistic hope of survival.

I guess that's a long-winded way of saying No, we are not staying up.

It's going down to the last day, no waydo we win 2 out if the next 3

We’re dangerous because we have the potential to score 2, 3 or 4. The concern is at the the other end.

4 points (and our GD) should be enough, Fulham, Liverpool and West Ham we can do that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, huddersfieldfox said:

Carlton Palmer on talksport said "Leeds are now safe because of big Sam. Leicester are doomed. Sorry but I beg to differ, win at Fulham I think we are all but there 

He's as thick as brick that bloke. 

Is Big Sam gonna stop Man City and Newcastle? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Nothing I’ve seen from us since Dean Smith came in has made me think we’ll stay up tbf 

Well at least we're having a go instead of just sitting back and just trying not to lose. 

1. We're at least trying to find and utilise Vardy in a way he's best suited to and a way he's played since none league football and he looks like having more chance of scoring than he has for a long time. 

2. He's made Iversen his first choice goalkeeper who has saved us from losing at least the last couple of games.

3. He's reinstated Soyuncu who has head and shoulders been our best defender.

4. He's mostly stopped the dirge of pathetic pointless tippy tappy backwards and sideways nonsense that has been our downfall. 

All thos whilst quickley making judgements about his new playing staff. Smith and co are not miracles workers at such short notice and it's going to take a long time in any case to repair all of the damage, both playing wise and psychologically that Rodgers has done. He managed to expunge the 'we can take anyone on' mindset/attitude to a 'we know our place,  punching above our rightful place' one. All in aid of brand Rodgers self promotion. 

Will we stay up? Who knows, the dice Smith and Co inherited were heavily loaded against them. Even Pep or Klopp would find it difficult. We can but give them our best support and on home games, from what I've seen, I think we are.

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He's as thick as brick that bloke. 

Is Big Sam gonna stop Man City and Newcastle? 

All this will just make Leeds even bigger laughing stock at the end of the season when relegation costs them even more money.

Edited by jonathan_ross

My personal opinion is teams that are not one of the CL chasing pack but also not fighting relegation are going to be the easiest games.

For this reason I never considered the Leeds and Everton games as easy.  Everton were fighting for every ball when we played them.

Our easiest remaining game is probably going to be West Ham providing they are safe by then.

Second easiest probably Fulham.

I feel Forest have the best run in left out of the bottom 5.

Leeds have 2 very tough games next which wont set them in good stead for their last 2 games and they are in a torrid run of form.  So I think they down with Saints.

Its between us, Everton and Forest in my opinion for two safe spots.

53 minutes ago, huddersfieldfox said:

Carlton Palmer on talksport said "Leeds are now safe because of big Sam. Leicester are doomed. Sorry but I beg to differ, win at Fulham I think we are all but there 

He thinks one win for Leeds will be enough. I don't know why he's so convinced 33 points will do it given their goal difference is much worse than ours and very similar to Everton's...

We "had" a favourable run in over the others fighting relegation, we've just not taken advantage of that and have shown no reasons to say we are better than any of them. Those "winnable" games have now come and gone.. yet we did not win. Sure, it's in our hands but I don't see us having the quality to get anything out of Fulham, Liverpool, Newcastle or West Ham. All we can do is we sh*thouse a point or 2 from somewhere and hope those also fighting get tonked for the remainder of the run in.

What's far more likely we get drubbed on the remaining 4 games and we lost our advantageous goal difference. Why do I feel like this? Because we are Leicester, and it's what we do best.. the predictable and yet also the un-predictable (but never in a good way). You only have to look at the "Ever obliging Leicester" to see how many times it's US that these stupid stats get turned over.

I'm feeling deflated, I've lost hope, if we are down I'd rather it's over and done with so we can prep for next season... not draw it out to the last game and have a little bit of hope only for something like results not going our way and a last minute goal in another game condemning us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

2. He's made Iversen his first choice goalkeeper who has saved us from losing at least the last couple of games.

In all fairness, Ward was dropped to bring in Iversen just before Rodgers left, when even Rodgers couldn't keep on picking Ward.

But it's a fair call that the current management have rightly stuck with Iversen and it paid off.

• Like 1

I'm not having any of the percentages stuff from the Dropometer or whatever it's called. Never mind our fixtures, other clubs fixtures will relegate us. Forest have Saints and Chelsea. Unless Southampton find some fight that's 3 points for Forest all day. Chelsea couldn't win a one-ticket raffle right now, they're a disgrace to the badge. So that's 6 points for Forest. Everton finish with Wolves and Bournemouth who will both be wearing flip flops. Maybe 4 points, probably 6. Leeds finish with West Ham then Spurs at home. With Allardyce plugging the defence they've got every chance of getting 2-4 points there. Which leaves us needing 6 points and our goal difference keeping us up. That means getting a win at Fulham and not bottling West Ham on the last day. I WANT to be optimistic but it's a massive ask. In my heart I know we needed 3 Vs Everton or Leeds. And we blew it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

I think we go into the last day with it in our own hands, we win then we stay up. 

I also think West Ham will be safely in their final position by the last day, meaning that they'll finish above us even if we beat them - this plays massively into our hands. 

I think we will stay up. 

If its a choice between us and Everton to go down on the final day, Moyes certainly won't do us any favours.