Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Are we staying up?

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up?

• Yes
    • No

The midfield need to do there bit in defending.Too many times we gave Everton to much time on the ball.Need to close players down a lot quicker.If we give Liverpool and Newcastle that much time,we’ll get battered.

Having said all that I do think we’ll stay up.

COYB:scarf:

Stating the obvious, but only if there are three sides worse than us points-wise at the end of the season. Can't see us picking up 6+ points and making it comfortable. Can only see us surviving with a really low number of points compared to what the average might be 

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If its a choice between us and Everton to go down on the final day, Moyes certainly won't do us any favours. 

Nobody should do anybody favours. Fair compeition means the worse three teams go down.

• Like 1

We need 4 shithouses with at least 2 wins which I can’t see us achieving. I’m pretty certain it’s Southampton us and Leeds going down although if we were to somehow beat Fulham I might feel a little more positive should other results go our way as well. 

I would t be surprised if it’s between us and Everton on the final day, 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

The midfield need to do there bit in defending.Too many times we gave Everton to much time on the ball.Need to close players down a lot quicker.If we give Liverpool and Newcastle that much time,we’ll get battered.

Having said all that I do think we’ll stay up.

COYB:scarf:

I think Mendy has to come in for Fulham. Playing Tielemans and Soumare as the two deep-lying midfielders in a 4231 is effectively playing without a CDM, and adding Ndidi to the mix doesn't help either as he's so far below the standard we need at the moment. Mendy is an effective CDM who covers lots of ground, puts tackles in and uses the ball very efficiently. If we want to control the midfield against Fulham, we need him in the side.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

I don't think it's impossible that we'll stay up, but people keep moving the goalposts after every disappointing result to say "this one is the must must win". That suggests to me that it takes more blind faith to think we'll get away with it than it does pessimism to think we'll go down.

• Like 1

We need a win at Fulham (winnable even in our current state) or a win against Liverpool (would be a shock but Forest managed it), or a draw against Fulham and Liverpool, (the Newcastle game will be a case of trying to keep our goal difference advantage in tact) to give ourselves the opportunity to survive with a win against West Ham. Can't see two of Leeds, Everton and Forest picking up two wins in their last four games.We could actually stay up with a win and a draw (34 points) because the clubs around us are as bad or even worse than us. Unfortunately I still fear we won't reach even the minimal points requirement to stay up such is the state we have got ourselves into. It's the hope that's killing me.  

We just need a scrappy flukey win from somewhere. Ideally against Fulham. At least Vardy is coming into form at the right time. It’s mad how we’ve gone from 5th, 5th, 8th to this.

Edited by Joefox
  • Like 1

Although my heart says yes and unbeaten in our last three I’m voting no. 

We’ve improved but there’s still a critical mistake or miss in every game we play. We need at least three goals to win a game. That’s a tough ask for Vardy pretty much alone. 

Too many of our ‘quality’  starters are walking away from the club at the end of the season. 

Absolutely nothing against Dean Smith, Shakey and JT but this group of players just don’t seem capable of putting it together.

I desperately hope that I’m wrong. 

4 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

We had chances to lose both games at the end. I think we stay up and look at those games as 2 points gained instead of 4 points lost, Leeds run is tough. Its between us Forest and Everton for 1 premiership place.

That doesn't really change my opinion that we had to win one, though...

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

We've missed our biggest chance to stay up. 

Obviously its still possible but with the teams we have to play its not looking likely. I can't see us getting more than 3 points 4 at the absolute max. 

That leaves us hoping no other team picks up more than 3 points - not likely. 

• Like 1

If we do stay up, it will be by a better GD, it will be squeaky bum time on the last day of the season.  I'm going to do anything but listen or watch the match, my ticker can't take it, although my wife will probably lock me in the garage because she knows I'll be impossible to live with on the day. 

I think playing on Mondays goes against us. This team are mentally weak and playing after everyone else puts a bit more pressure on them that they are just not up to handling. 

I don't see us getting more than 2 points from our remaining games. 

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

In all fairness, Ward was dropped to bring in Iversen just before Rodgers left, when even Rodgers couldn't keep on picking Ward.

But it's a fair call that the current management have rightly stuck with Iversen and it paid off.

Whilst true for the odd game, who knows how many points we may have lost out on because of Mr Stubborn's team selection of nearly a whole season. It has to be subborness and wanting to look the clever guy or lose face because it was bloody obvious to everyone else.

• Like 1

The last months’ match threads left me unprepared for all these useful, well thought-out takes, both yea and nay :thumbup:

We’re most of us just keeping the faith … which is all we can do, eh?

31 minutes ago, Dames said:

We've missed our biggest chance to stay up. 

Obviously its still possible but with the teams we have to play its not looking likely. I can't see us getting more than 3 points 4 at the absolute max. 

That leaves us hoping no other team picks up more than 3 points - not likely. 

4 points could easily be enough. 

If the others pick up the same, GD will see us safe, providing we don't take a couple of absolute hammerings.