Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Are we staying up?

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up?

• Yes
    • No

I actually think we will stay up. 

There's no evidence whatsoever to support this assertion given how dog bob we are so consistently. 

We've been perennial bottle jobs and it's about time we didn't fvck something up at the end of the season. That season is now.

Edited by RoboFox

56 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

No, least fight of all the teams in the mix

Arguably our three best players know they won't be here next season ,errors from Maddison and Tielemans have certainly cost us points , rebuild necessary probably in the Championship.

I just can’t see it, I think Everton will survive forest have good form at home, we haven’t beaten our rivals and lack that bit of bottle at home, I can see it going to West Ham at home and us needing to win, can’t see us doing that I’m afraid 

I have lost hope, that this team can perform when it matters. VAR saved us in the FA Cup final, but all the other high pressure games we folded (maybe apart from Rennes and PSV last year, but we rode our luck at times in them games). I was hoping Dean, Craig and Terry would perform some sort of miracle and give our players belief again, but the rot is just too deep.

I am done hoping and looking at fixtures lists. I just hope lessons really are learned, but dreading a Sunderlandish slide.

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we can take 4 points, with our goal difference Forest, or Leeds would have to win 2 or win 1 and draw 1, Everton would need to win 2.

I can't see 2 of them doing that, the bigger question is can we get 4 points. 

it’s all just so unpredictable at this point. personally i think forest could win any of their next 4 games. they are blessed with timing.  southampton obviously winnable, chelsea are a disgrace atm and if the leagues wrapped up arsenal could just roll over. Then final day against mid table safe palace… i’d be happy with those games left. (6 pts for me) 36 

Leeds have a tougher path. Everyone likely to be playing for something (hopefully west ham remain mathematically unsafe until then)  hopefully spurs have figured themselves out by then and are still attempting for a european spot. (3 points, 4 if you’re generous)  34 

evertons next 2 are going to be battles. but the last 2 again are playing for nothing… usually in those the relegation threatened teams grab the points.  (6 pts imo)  35 

so essentially i’d say we need 5 points using my on the beach roll over logic (but footballs a mad unpredictable sport) 

im only confident of 4 so let’s hope i’m wrong somewhere 

* Is there anything more stressful than the thought of teams rolling over at this stage of the season! We never seem to get that luck. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s all just so unpredictable at this point. personally i think forest could win any of their next 4 games. they are blessed with timing.  southampton obviously winnable, chelsea are a disgrace atm and if the leagues wrapped up arsenal could just roll over. Then final day against mid table safe palace… i’d be happy with those games left. (6 pts for me) 36 

Leeds have a tougher path. Everyone likely to be playing for something (hopefully west ham remain mathematically unsafe until then)  hopefully spurs have figured themselves out by then and are still attempting for a european spot. (3 points, 4 if you’re generous)  34 

evertons next 2 are going to be battles. but the last 2 again are playing for nothing… usually in those the relegation threatened teams grab the points.  (6 pts imo)  35 

so essentially i’d say we need 5 points using my on the beach roll over logic (but footballs a mad unpredictable sport) 

im only confident of 4 so let’s hope i’m wrong somewhere 

Everton have won 6 in 34, and only 1 in the last 10.

Forest have won 7 in 35 and only 1 in the last 11

All of a sudden, they are going to win 2 each?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Everton have won 6 in 34, and only 1 in the last 10.

Forest have won 7 in 35 and only 1 in the last 11

All of a sudden, they are going to win 2 each?

it’s that time of year my friend. I think it’s better to prepare for what can happen and cross your fingers it doesn’t. 

Forest were 10 minutes away from getting 6 points from Brighton and Brentford… that wouldn’t have been a consideration in anyones mind before. When teams are fighting for their lives anything can happen. The only teams not really showing that fight are leeds and southampton but there’s still time.

On the flip side of your point, we’ve won 1 in 13… does that mean we can’t expect to pick up a win? past results don’t make a jot of difference at this stage 

Edited by Lambert09

I can't see us getting another point after seeing the way that Everton ran through us creating so many chances. It would've been a travesty had they lost to us. Only hope is if Vardy really is back and we can somehow outscore the opposition. Some big moments will have to go in our favour. 

I’d be very surprised if we stay up. Reality is, if we do, I think we’ll be in the bottom 3 next year. It’s only a matter of time now, we have been poorly run by the owner and board for some time. 

The drop is incredible but not when you consider the build up 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s that time of year my friend. I think it’s better to prepare for what can happen and cross your fingers it doesn’t. 

Forest were 10 minutes away from getting 6 points from Brighton and Brentford… that wouldn’t have been a consideration in anyones mind before. When teams are fighting for their lives anything can happen. The only teams not really showing that fight are leeds and southampton but there’s still time.

On the flip side of your point, we’ve won 1 in 13… does that mean we can’t expect to pick up a win? past results don’t make a jot of difference at this stage 

Last season in the last 5 games the 5 team at the bottom won 3 between them out of 25 matches 

Only 1 out of the bottom 7 won more then 1 game in their last 5 fixtures.

I think it's unlikely both Forest and Everton get 2 wins.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To have a realistic chance of survival and to build confidence for the run in, we've got to beat Fulham.

I'm not sure what is going on at Liverpool so a point might be possible.

Newcastle will beat us. So it's down to the WH game.

Let's hope the result isn't needed.

Because I'm not sure we have the mental strength or physicality to beat them.

• Like 2

Right in the mix but I'm not liking our next 3 considering what we've bottled in the last few weeks. The chances were there and each time we find a way to fail. Why or how can anyone think these next 3 tougher games offer any escape route? We're down, we know we are, unless two of those around us do equally s**t. Can easily imagine with one to go we're on 31-32pts. 

7 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Surely we about would be if we won at Fulham with our GD

they got Man U next if we managed to actually win at Fulham could likely be only a point behind them

If we beat Fulham, with our goal difference and given who the other 3 are playing - we are probably safe. 

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’d be very surprised if we stay up. Reality is, if we do, I think we’ll be in the bottom 3 next year. It’s only a matter of time now, we have been poorly run by the owner and board for some time. 

The drop is incredible but not when you consider the build up 

Agree 100%. To think we were the well run club that everyone admired and in the space of  4 years all the good work and philosophy had been ruined. How many times do you see it though, when a business man has built something  then hands it over for it to fail? Obviously  the reason behind this is terrible but it's still the silver spoon scenario where its all probably come too easy and no real fight, hunger or tough calls have ever had to be made. The training ground and stadium expansion money  would have been better spent on playing staff to cement top six for a few years.  It smacks of the neighbour in his porsche but can only afford to eat beans on toast. All fur coat and no knickers.  I think we are in a real mess and will get worse before it gets better

• Like 3