Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Are we staying up?

Are we staying up?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Are we staying up?

• Yes
    • No

Voted no, but really not sure. If we turn up, both Fulham & West Ham are entirely winnable with them having literally nothing to play for (West Ham almost certainly safe by the time we play them) 🤞

There was a half hour period in the second half vs Everton where we actually looked quite good. If we can reproduce that more consistently then results are possible.

Problem is I can see both Forest and Everton grinding out some points, so if we don’t win these matches I think we’re down.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I voted yes. We have winnable games. The Leeds and Everton games were so nervy i am not surprised we didn't get a win. 

Fulham away - They are mid table and injuries/suspensions have halted their season. We can win their

Liverpool Home - Not expecting anything but lets not forget Liverpool have been poor at the back this season. I can see us causing trouble for them. 

Newcastle Away - I am hoping they will have Top 4 sewn up, which surely they will have. We may play them when they are in celebratory mode

West Ham Home - Very much a winnable game.

I fancy us to get some points out the last 4 games. Here's hoping

I genuinely think we'll beat Liverpool. Watching them against Bournemouth gave me hope that if that side turn up it's doable. I suspect Newcastle may play a slightly weakened side but will likely smash us, Fulham without Willian and Mitrovic are there for the taking, and as you say West Ham is winnable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

I genuinely think we'll beat Liverpool. Watching them against Bournemouth gave me hope that if that side turn up it's doable. I suspect Newcastle may play a slightly weakened side but will likely smash us, Fulham without Willian and Mitrovic are there for the taking, and as you say West Ham is winnable.

Don't do this to yourself

• Haha 3

Newcastle is an absolute write off, their last home game, they’ll bulldozer us. Think we can get 3 points at Fulham, and it’ll leave us needing something from West Ham. A safe West Ham team at home.

I think we’re going down. Forest and Everton will pick up 5+ points from their remaining games and I don’t trust us to be able to win that last game.

Despite some good periods vs Everton, I’m not convinced that we have it in us to stay up. I noticed several occasions when Vardy was pressing like a madman, while the rest just seemed to stand around watching. Everyone needs to be fully engaged and I’m not sure that is the case even now with new management.

• Like 1

Can't stop playing with the table predictor to see all the permutations. I keep circling round to 34 points being enough to keep us up based on goal difference. I've tried to be as pessimist (but realistic, not us getting pumped every game) and it always comes down to the last game of the season. 

Assuming:

Forest beat Southampton, draw to Chelsea, draw to Arsenal, beat Palace

Everton lose to Brighton, draw to Man City, draw to Wolves, beat Bournemouth

Leeds lose to Man City, lose to Newcastle, draw to West Ham, beat Spurs

We draw to Fulham, lose to Liverpool, lose to Newcastle, beat West Ham

we stay up on goal difference. I know it's optimistic to suggest we can actually handle the pressure of needing to win on the final day, but any of the others drop points in the (I'd say generous) predictions I have for them to get points and we're fine.

Plus I'm naturally an optimist

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Newcastle is an absolute write off, their last home game, they’ll bulldozer us. Think we can get 3 points at Fulham, and it’ll leave us needing something from West Ham. A safe West Ham team at home.

I think we’re going down. Forest and Everton will pick up 5+ points from their remaining games and I don’t trust us to be able to win that last game.

Forest have picked 5 points in the last 10, You think they will get 5+ from 4?

Voted yes we will stay up. cannot see Leeds getting anything from Man City or Newcastle, hopefully Southampton turn up against Forest, and I am sure that Brighton will beat Everton. 

I think we will get something from Fulham. There are other teams that are worse then us and I think that will save us.

13 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Surely we about would be if we won at Fulham with our GD

they got Man U next if we managed to actually win at Fulham could likely be only a point behind them

I fancy them to do Man U at home tbh. When I look at the bottom 5 I genuinely think they are a tier of “shitness” above all others in the league.

We need West Ham to beat Leeds for us either way.

I tnink our goal difference will be our ultimate saviour so I voted yay! People also seem 100% certain that we're going to not only lose but lose heavily to Newcastle and Liverpool in quick succession to mess up our presently reasonable goal difference  - even though it required two o.g.s from Faes for Liverpool to beat us at Anfield in December of course! As others have said though then the two games against Londoners Fulham and West Ham that bookend the remainder of this season are likely to represent our best chance to get at least four points from six in those you would hope.

At the same time I do understand people's pessimism/realism for voting no though, given our remaining fixtures and the fact that we've been unable to beat two really struggling relegation rivals in succession  -and  not least that fact that we've still only won 1 in 12 !   

6 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

34 points we will get. Beat Fulham and draw with hammers. 33 will be enough I belive

You're very optimistic that 33 is enough with 19th on 29pts and 4 to play. Especially when 18th + 2 has 30. 18th is still relegated and 3 teams are fighting that one, unless we're all s**t, 33 won't cut it. It's this time of year, results don't go as expected. One or more of the teams involved will pull something out the bag, will it be us?

• Like 1

I get people being deflated about our chances of picking up points after what we’ve seen for most of the season, but what I don’t get is why some are so convinced we won’t get any points and the likes of Forest, Everton and Leeds will suddenly pick up 5/6 points in the last 4 games.

We are currently safe, so we only need to match the results of the shite around us - two of them play Man City, one play Arsenal and we go away to Newcastle - so unless something amazing happens then it’s effectively three games left for all of us.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I get people being deflated about our chances of picking up points after what we’ve seen for most of the season, but what I don’t get is why some are so convinced we won’t get any points and the likes of Forest, Everton and Leeds will suddenly pick up 5/6 points in the last 4 games.

We are currently safe, so we only need to match the results of the shite around us - two of them play Man City, one play Arsenal and we go away to Newcastle - so unless something amazing happens then it’s effectively three games left for all of us.

We are the bottlers down there. Historically we don’t handle pressure. Everton battered us the other night, showed spirit and the desire to win the game from the off; whilst we looked terrified, highlighted by our negative line-up and missing penalties.

Forest have a couple of fixtures against sides in equally poor form. We’ve had all our easier fixtures/6 pointers.

Leeds will have a new manager bounce. We wasted ours with our first game being Man City away and those 2 poor losses without a manager. 

With some teams being on the beach, and others needing results, there is bound to be the odd unlikely result. But based on our team selections and bottling nature, we look the least likely to get one of those. And it’s to do with us being too frightened of losing.