Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The spine of a team would still be more than good enough to compete at the top if we get the right leadership in. 

Yeh, I am not buying this idea that we will struggle next season and even get relegated to League 1. Even with a huge clear out, we still have the spine of a side capable of coming straight back up. We just need to get players out the door early and do some good business, and we will be close to the top 2 IMO. 

If we do fail to come straight back up though, then that will start to have a much deeper impact, and we could start to struggle more. 

Important we get the Manager appointment right and also make some good signings, with players coming in that have a lot more fight and character. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We wouldn’t get 100m if we didnt !

I’m not as pessimistic as most for next season 

I posted a week ago who I thought would be left here and with a few additions/loans (and more importantly a decent coach ), we can bounce back.  I think the coach is the crucial part. 

however,  with ffp as it is, we only get two shots to bounce back and doing it at the first time of asking is vital. 

Unfortunately recent history hasn’t been kind to clubs who have spent five or more years in the PL when it comes to bouncing back.Villa by the skin of their teeth is the only one I can think of.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think only Iversen, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Souttar and probably Choudhury/Albrighton returning are guaranteed to be here. And Vardy unless we negotiate an early contract closure which would be a shame to see it end like that. 

Then you might have Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Ndidi if he doesn't go to Turkey or somewhere. Might get Daka for a season but he'll be trying to get a loan move back to Europe. 

Maddison, Barnes and probably Iheanacho are only sellable assets. 

We should be able to get something for Castagne and Soumare but probably have to cover some of their wages

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We will. 

Barnes is a 30m (max) squad player in any decent team and Maddison has 1 year left on his contract and will therefore go for less than 50m to a team of his choice.

So imao much less than 100m.

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And me… I think the club are heading for financial ruin personally. The future is bleak. 

What happened to all this where we were listed in the top ten most affluent clubs in Europe; was all that just nonsense?

No way covid can change things so much for King Power.

Can only assume it was paper talk/bollocks.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yeh, I am not buying this idea that we will struggle next season and even get relegated to League 1. Even with a huge clear out, we still have the spine of a side capable of coming straight back up. We just need to get players out the door early and do some good business, and we will be close to the top 2 IMO. 

If we do fail to come straight back up though, then that will start to have a much deeper impact, and we could start to struggle more. 

Important we get the Manager appointment right and also make some good signings, with players coming in that have a lot more fight and character. 

Who at the club do you want in your side? You've had a good look at c.15 today. Any of those?

Who else?

James Justin then I'm struggling...

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We will. 

honestly that isn’t how it works when you’re relegated - you NEED the money - the player wants to go to a club - it’s not an auction - you can’t refuse to sell because you have to - hence the fee is suppressed 

2 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Who’s likely to stay?

Iversen

Justin/Ricardo (try sell one)

Souttar

Faes

Kristansen

Thomas

KDH

Vardy

I think both JJ and Ricky stay 

also daka 

Possible that Bouba and kel also aren’t sold 

Reckon we have to bring in around £100m  in fees.  Once we have covered what we need to in the budget then I think we hang onto the rest to try and bounce back 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think only Iversen, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Souttar and probably Choudhury/Albrighton returning are guaranteed to be here. And Vardy unless we negotiate an early contract closure which would be a shame to see it end like that. 

Then you might have Justin, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Ndidi if he doesn't go to Turkey or somewhere. Might get Daka for a season but he'll be trying to get a loan move back to Europe. 

Maddison, Barnes and probably Iheanacho are only sellable assets. 

I think they will all stay until January at least. Top will want us to bounce straight back and with Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans out, and a reported reduction of 30-50% in wages written into the contracts of the others, I think more will stay on than expected for 6-12 months. 

I would try sell N'didi though. He is a shadow of his former self, but he may still have value as it wasn't that long ago that he was deemed one of the best DM's.

Would also sell Castagne and Soumare for whatever we can get, as long as Riccy and Justin stay. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I think they will all stay until January at least. Top will want us to bounce straight back and with Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans out, and a reported reduction of 30-50% in wages written into the contracts of the others, I think more will stay on than expected for 6-12 months. 

I would try sell N'didi though. He is a shadow of his former self, but he may still have value as it wasn't that long ago that he was deemed one of the best DM's.

Would also sell Castagne and Soumare for whatever we can get, as long as Riccy and Justin stay. 

I think Iheanacho is in the last year of his contract so I'd imagine we will try and get as much as £15m for him. So is Ndidi I think but we might take the hit on him and let him do his final year. Unless we got a decent offer. 

Be lucky if we get £20 for Soumare, Castange and Praet. And Faes will want out but might only be on loan. 

Someone might gamble on Justin but I think Riccy will stay. 

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Who at the club do you want in your side? You've had a good look at c.15 today. Any of those?

Who else?

James Justin then I'm struggling...

Not many after this season. Very few positives to take, but the reality is, we aren't going to sell the whole squad, and so we have to still try build a team around those who we choose to stay or we are stuck with. Every player in our squad have had their moments of looking good, and I still believe that many of these players will be more than strong enough technically to do well in the Championship. It's a very weak league at the moment IMO. 

I suspect we will add to a starting 11 that includes: Iverson, Ricardo, Souttar, Faes, Justin, KDH, Daka, Iheanacho. 

Looking at though, the gaping hole in midfield and out wide, is quite shocking! May have to convince Praet to see out his contract and hope the Championship is his level :sweating: 

17 minutes ago, J. James said:

Barnes is a 30m (max) squad player in any decent team and Maddison has 1 year left on his contract and will therefore go for less than 50m to a team of his choice.

So imao much less than 100m.

30m for Barnes is too cheap he’ll never be sold for that.  Probably get 90m for him and madders.

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Where did you read about the contract reductions ?  I thought was only souttar and VK ? 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Has a team ever fielded a brand new 11 and been promoted from this league? Can’t see it personally.

Burnley are pretty close too that. Signed 23 players last summer either permanently, loaned or on a free and 20 sold, loaned or out of contract. With a shiny new train complex ta boot

• Like 1

Just now, trooky said:

Burnley are pretty close too that. Signed 23 players last summer either permanently, loaned or on a free and 20 sold, loaned or out of contract. With a shiny new train complex ta boot

Cheers mate. Needed that

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Iheanacho is in the last year of his contract so I'd imagine we will try and get as much as £15m for him. So is Ndidi I think but we might take the hit on him and let him do his final year. Unless we got a decent offer. 

Be lucky if we get £20 for Soumare, Castange and Praet. And Faes will want out but might only be on loan. 

Someone might gamble on Justin but I think Riccy will stay. 

Would love to see Iheanacho start every week in the championship. Think he would be the league's top scorer if he stayed fit! 

I have always liked his attitude, and have a feeling he will stay another 6-12 months if we make him our No.1 striker

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Where did you read about the contract reductions ?  I thought was only souttar and VK ? 

Yeh, someone else said that so maybe that's correct. I just got this quote from Percy's article -

'...Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/21/leicester-relegation-masterclass-negligence/

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Yeh, someone else said that so maybe that's correct. I just got this quote from Percy's article -

'...Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/21/leicester-relegation-masterclass-negligence/

Can’t see the article so don’t know who the ‘remaining players’ are 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would love to see Iheanacho start every week in the championship. Think he would be the league's top scorer if he stayed fit! 

I have always liked his attitude, and have a feeling he will stay another 6-12 months if we make him our No.1 striker

We need to keep hold of nacho. Great player when he’s gets going can’t replace with anyone better for the fee we’d get for him.