Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t see the article so don’t know who the ‘remaining players’ are 

'...Leicester’s model is to sell one star player a year, and James Maddison is almost certain to leave.

The England international is a target for Tottenham and Newcastle, plus a couple of clubs abroad, and could be sold for around £50 million.

Eight players are out of contract, including Youri Tielemans, Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu, and most, if not all, are expected to depart.

Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.'

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Some really have got romantic views of the Championship it’s utter shit . And the view we’ll just do a massive squad overhaul and then bounce straight back up is damn arrogant . How long did it take us to get out in the first place ? 

League 1 was one of the most fun seasons I've had. Premier League is pretty shit these days to be honest. No real chance of doing anything other than midtable/survival for most clubs. Prefer to be in it of course, but won't stop me enjoying us compete in a different league. 

I don't feel arrogant either, and think we will be pushing for a return if we bring in a handful of decent midfielders/wingers and hold on to players like Iheanacho, Justin, Ricardo etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

League 1 was one of the most fun seasons I've had. Premier League is pretty shit these days to be honest. No real chance of doing anything other than midtable/survival for most clubs. Prefer to be in it of course, but won't stop me enjoying us compete in a different league. 

I don't feel arrogant either, and think we will be pushing for a return if we bring in a handful of decent midfielders/wingers and hold on to players like Iheanacho, Justin, Ricardo etc

League one enjoyment  was relative to being shit and struggling in the championship for a few seasons. It was light relief.

The difference now look how far we will have fallen, League winners, champions league last 8.

fa cup winners. Europe.

To the championship and it will be a culture shock these players are all too soft 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

League 1 was only fun as we wasn’t being beaten every game . 

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

'...Leicester’s model is to sell one star player a year, and James Maddison is almost certain to leave.

The England international is a target for Tottenham and Newcastle, plus a couple of clubs abroad, and could be sold for around £50 million.

Eight players are out of contract, including Youri Tielemans, Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu, and most, if not all, are expected to depart.

Leicester’s remaining players will have their salaries slashed between 35-50 per cent as a result of dropping into the Championship.'

Maddison is 30m at best. We go down and him in his last year we have nothing to bargain with and have to sell.

Might even be 25m.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Some really have got romantic views of the Championship it’s utter shit . And the view we’ll just do a massive squad overhaul and then bounce straight back up is damn arrogant . How long did it take us to get out in the first place ? 

Completely agree it’s a solid league and even with this current squad we’d be struggling with play offs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Maddison is 30m at best. We go down and him in his last year we have nothing to bargain with and have to sell.

Might even be 25m.

Stop talking rubbish 30m for Maddison isn’t going to happen. Not a chance in hell.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

League one enjoyment  was relative to being shit and struggling in the championship for a few seasons. It was light relief.

The difference now look how far we will have fallen, League winners, champions league last 8.

fa cup winners. Europe.

To the championship and it will be a culture shock these players are all too soft 

True, but I will still enjoy the goals we score and the wins we get, no matter what league we are in.

Many of these players are too soft yes, and I expect many to depart. Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, N'didi, along with a handful of others. We will still need to work with many who stay though. Just hope we bring in some leaders and nasty gits to drag us through games if needed! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Every single side has this type of clause in their contracts, it's almost a standard these days. Most contracts specify bonuses and  clauses for all sorts of eventualities. We won't have to worry about the big earners though, if we drop most of this side will be a saleable asset.

No wonder vardy looks so pee'd off, wonder what his £140k a week will drop to

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Might even be 25m.

I suspect it will be closer to £50m and we will wait all summer if needed, and Newcastle will end up spending it. £40million with add ons perhaps

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

No wonder vardy looks so pee'd off, wonder what his £140k a week will drop to

Hate to say it, but I am not sure I even want him in our championship team. He looks like he has aged 10 years! 

I have a bizarre feeling that both Daka and Iheanacho will stay at least until January, and they will start for us next season. 

If I am Iheanacho, I am thinking, I will get to play every week, score a load and then walk away for free in 12 months

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I still don’t think some folk have grasped the severity of this situation. I mean, it sounds obscene, but it would not surprise me if we end up not being able to put a full squad out at the start of next season without including academy players. 

It’s a very serious mess we’ve gotten into. 

You really are a laugh a minute.  

I bet you are amazing company on a night out. 

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Who of the youth will come through and who will we keep from our own setup?

I'd assume KDH, Thomas and a Hamza return of the adults. Braybrooke? 

The thought of Hamza returning and getting straight back into the side depresses me more than relegation itself. 

Edited by adam

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

You need players with a stomach to fight in the championship, many relegated teams come unstuck because they think they’ll swan into the league and walk back out of it. With all these players leaving it’s probably not a bad thing as they clearly don’t have any stomach for a fight and will swallowed up by the rigours of a championship season. 

Weak.

Looks like we will lose basically our entire midfield, which may be a blessing for us! Need to really get that part right when we make signings and stick some hard bastards in there

• Like 2