Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Not many after this season. Very few positives to take, but the reality is, we aren't going to sell the whole squad, and so we have to still try build a team around those who we choose to stay or we are stuck with. Every player in our squad have had their moments of looking good, and I still believe that many of these players will be more than strong enough technically to do well in the Championship. It's a very weak league at the moment IMO. 

I suspect we will add to a starting 11 that includes: Iverson, Ricardo, Souttar, Faes, Justin, KDH, Daka, Iheanacho. 

Looking at though, the gaping hole in midfield and out wide, is quite shocking! May have to convince Praet to see out his contract and hope the Championship is his level :sweating: 

Of those you've mentioned, I suppose Iversen yes. Hit and miss, but okay. Ricardo probably not up to the riggers of the Championship. Souttar, KDH, and Daka can play at that level, but won't form the basis of a team that will compete in the Premier League, so not building blocks to get back up, but rather maintain a Championship level, which we don't want. Kel will move on.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Then we keep hold and he walks.

We have nothing to bargain with and have lost 100+m.

And clubs will know that.

May aswell take a shit player from Villa, Newcastle or Spurs + money rather than a lowball offer. Someone who could do a job in the championship cash+ player

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'm looking at it, an thinking if they don't go up, why would he wanna come to us now?

Can see them losing a few players if they don’t. Not our level of players going but some. Surely he’ll be tempted if they don’t go up. Can see Southampton and Leeds also being interested in him. 

2 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Of those you've mentioned, I suppose Iversen yes. Hit and miss, but okay. Ricardo probably not up to the riggers of the Championship. Souttar, KDH, and Daka can play at that level, but won't form the basis of a team that will compete in the Premier League, so not building blocks to get back up, but rather maintain a Championship level, which we don't want. Kel will move on.

Not so sure on Kel. Don't actually think there will be that many teams after him, as he has played so little. We also won't be able to get much for him with just 12 months to go, and Vardy is done, so we would only be left with Daka if Kel goes. I suspect we may hold on to him, and he may be happy to play each week for a change, at least until his 12 months are up and he can walk away for free after, especially if we don't go straight back up. 

Always like his attitude, especially how poorly Rodgers treated him. Would love to see him start for us every game next season. 

I'd put money on Southampton bouncing back up. The likes of Luton and Middlesbrough are good sides of whom either may not come up this year. Even the ones that narrowly missed out like Blackburn. Ipswich looking good under McKenna and could be dark horses.

It's going to be a real struggle let's be honest

Edited by HybridFox

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Not so sure on Kel. Don't actually think there will be that many teams after him, as he has played so little. We also won't be able to get much for him with just 12 months to go, and Vardy is done, so we would only be left with Daka if Kel goes. I suspect we may hold on to him, and he may be happy to play each week for a change, at least until his 12 months are up and he can walk away for free after, especially if we don't go straight back up. 

Always like his attitude, especially how poorly Rodgers treated him. Would love to see him start for us every game next season. 

Nacho is gone. I hope he stays because he'd tear the Championship up, but there will be significant interest in him and once that happens that's that. Most the prem would take him, let alone clubs abroad.

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

I'd put money on Southampton bouncing back up. The likes of Luton and Middlesbrough are good sides of whom either may not come up this year. Even the ones that narrowly missed out like Blackburn. Ipswich looking good under McKenna and could be dark horses.

It's going to be a real struggle let's be honest

Southampton have got the makings of a frighteningly good squad - they're all just very young and inexperienced. If they don't lose most of their best players over the summer, they'll be my bet for auto promotion.

• Like 3

We are about to re enter the lunatic asylum that is the championship. Yesterday proved with millwall throwing a play off position away what a chaotic league we are going back to. Burnley should give us some hope as this time last year most people thought they’d be down for a few seasons , but then you look at the likes of Stoke, West Brom and Birmingham who appear to be treading water, more surprising with Stoke as their owners (own Bet 365) are loaded. 

Edited by whetstonefox

Had a quick look at teams that are confirmed and possible for next season. Some new grounds to tick off.

Grounds for me to tick off (confirmed teams):

Blackburn

Preston

Hull

Rotherham

QPR

Plymouth

Ipswich

Grounds for me to tick off (not yet confirmed, can only be a max of 2):

Middlesbrough

Sheff Wed

Barnsley

Bolton

Will be highlighting those on the fixture list.

Just Brighton missing from the PL.

GK’s: Iverson, Stolarcyck, Smithies

RB’s: Ricardo, Justin

CB’s: Evans, Souttar, Faes, Nelson, Brunt

LB’s: VK, Thomas

Possible signings: Jacob Greaves, Ronnie Edwards, Brandon Williams

DM’s/CM’s: Mendy, Ndidi, Choudhury, KDH, Braybrooke, McAteer

Possible Signings: Alex Scott, Hjulmand

AMs/Wingers: Albrighton, Alves, 

Possible Signings: B Diaz, Chair, Dolan, Cairney

FW’s: Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Hirst 

SELL: Barnes, Maddison, Ward, Vestergaard,   Praet, Soumare, Castagne, Amartey. (Total should bring in 110m+)

Leaving: Soyuncu, Youri, Perez, Bertrand

Renew Mendy’s contract.

Manager options: Hutter, Hassenhuttl, Benitez, Robins ( if cov fail in play offs) , Knutsen, Will Still. 

Let’s be honest, the Championship isn’t a bad league. 

I was looking at the average salaries per week earlier.

League Average Weekly Salary Average Yearly Salary
Premier League £60,000 £3,120,000
Championship £7,700 £400,400
League 1 £2,100 £109,200
League 2 £1,400 £72,800
La Liga £39,200 £2,038,400
Bundesliga £30,500 £1,586,000
Serie A £34,000 £1,768,000
Ligue 1 £13,200 £686,400

The Championship will be paying higher than the likes of Belgium, Portugal, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia etc. 

Maybe even Scotland? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

SELL: Barnes, Maddison, Ward, Vestergaard,   Praet, Soumare, Castagne, Amartey. (Total should bring in 110m+)

Renew Mendy’s contract.

Manager options: Hutter, Hassenhuttl, Benitez, Robins ( if cov fail in play offs) , Knutsen, Will Still. 

Genuinely think the ones in bold will want to go/be sold. Also think you'll be hard-pressed to find a buyer for Vestergaard or Ward, and Amartey will leave on a free transfer as his contract is ending.

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Nacho is gone. I hope he stays because he'd tear the Championship up, but there will be significant interest in him and once that happens that's that. Most the prem would take him, let alone clubs abroad.

We are under no obligation to sell, and with 1 year left, we won't get that much for him, and he may even prefer to walk away for free in 12 months time. Many players get much better deals that way. With all the players leaving, I think we need to hold on to him. 

If we get recruitment right, it could be a really good reset and fun year. I have zero confidence that happens though, despite a lot of proven young championship players being available for decent prices. We should be all over the likes of Charlie Patino, Ilias Chair & Joel Piroe.

I look forward to welcoming Jonjo Shelvey, Jamal Lascelles and Neal Maupey instead 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Renew Mendy’s contract.

No one is going to buy Danny Ward.  Unless he gets a big contract offer from Wrexham he's going nowhere.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Had a quick look at teams that are confirmed and possible for next season. Some new grounds to tick off.

Grounds for me to tick off (confirmed teams):

Blackburn

Preston

Hull

Rotherham

QPR

Plymouth

Ipswich

Grounds for me to tick off (not yet confirmed, can only be a max of 2):

Middlesbrough

Sheff Wed

Barnsley

Bolton

Will be highlighting those on the fixture list.

Just Brighton missing from the PL.

Depressingly been to all of them - only thing I haven't seen City play at Plymouth or Rotherham. 

Was going through the list pre-match yesterday - only Bristol City struck as something fresh. 

12 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Was going to say we will be on Sky all the time 

Just went to see for a straw comparison of Sheffield United as they finished second this season. They had 16 games live on Sky (not including the midweek ones on the red button).

Not only are we in for a lot of TV movement to Friday/Sat lunch/Mon night etc, away tickets will be fun. I did a quick scan of a few teams and they ranged from £27.50-£36.