Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Very accurate for me. 

For me though and it slightly goes away from the model, you need some promotion winning know-how to hold all together. Sheff U and Burnley have pulled themselves up relatively quick by having by the bucketload plus some young, bright prospects. 

In Souttar, KDH, Albrighton, Iverson and Choudhury we would at least have some relatively recent championship experience. Granted, none of them would have actually been promoted. 

Just now, TJQuik said:

If he would actually be happy to stay with us then I'd feel sorry for him, we don't deserve that kind of loyalty after treating him like shite for this long.

Still baffles me how frozen out he has been. I just hope whoever comes in convinces him he has a big role to play.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

If he would actually be happy to stay with us then I'd feel sorry for him, we don't deserve that kind of loyalty after treating him like shite for this long.

Another casualty of Rodgers' man management.

Also, he's clearly Premier League quality. He'll have suitors.

It will be incredible if he stays. We'll replace him with Hirst. :scarf:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We have to hold onto Iheanacho, he will be a huge asset in the Championship. Cannot afford to sell him and I am sure he would happily play in the Championship if a guaranteed starter. Not sure Daka will stay. We definitely need to bolster our striking options.

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Im not sure I can see that.

All those still under contract will be having their agents get them away, including Nacho. If reports are true about getting a 30%-50% wage reduction then I can't see many wanting to stay. 

• Like 1

Just reading up on Ipswich, they could make the play offs next season. Club pulling in the right direction, owners, manager and fans all on board with each other .  After years doing nothing they had new owners come in 2 years ago and transformed the place , cleared the debt and have money behind them now. As we know momentum from getting out of league 1 can take you a fair old way. 

We’ve had Choudhary this season and he hasn’t been bad, one of the better players in our god awful squad of mercenaries. He did like a sideways pass but he rarely had anyone who could do anything with it to pass too.

I don’t know how many you’ll keep for next season but I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s a god awful league and I am sure Leicester will go back up straight away.  You may not remember but it’s a league fully of cloggers just waiting to kick the hell out of the better players.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

All those still under contract will be having their agents get them away, including Nacho. If reports are true about getting a 30%-50% wage reduction then I can't see many wanting to stay. 

Agents have no say. If the club refuse to sell, then said players stay. We can't just get rid of the whole squad, they put us there so they will have to suck it up.

Honestly, I think a double-dip is more likely than an immediate bounce back.  I would be focused on surviving in the Championship next year with the squad in turmoil.  Get through it mid-table, let Glover start to turn the squad over and lay the groundwork, and then try and infuse some money and get promoted in 24-25.

Decided to have a look into some of the recent stats on relegated teams. Taken from the period we have been in the Prem, so 24 relegated teams, obviously some have been relegated more than once from the Prem in that time.

Their performance the following season:

Automatic promotion: 25%

Playoffs: 29%

Other: 42%

Relegation: 4% (1/24)

Average final position: 8

Average of all 3 relegated teams in any single season has ranged between 3 and 16. But generally around 8 again.

Of the 8 seasons we've been in the top flight, the Championship has been won by a newly relegated side 5 times, including the last 3 seasons. Norwich also won one of the other 3, after failing to bounce back immediately the season before.

35% of the teams who have suffered a relegation since we were last in the Championship will play in the Premier League next season. This could rise to 41% if Sunderland or Middlesbrough are promoted. The remaining teams will all play Championship football next season, though 3 were very close to dropping this season.

The three clubs relegated this season, along with Watford, West Brom, and Norwich, will be the only clubs receiving parachute payments in the division next season.