Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

13 hours ago, Helgo said:

We’ve had Choudhary this season and he hasn’t been bad, one of the better players in our god awful squad of mercenaries. He did like a sideways pass but he rarely had anyone who could do anything with it to pass too.

I don’t know how many you’ll keep for next season but I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s a god awful league and I am sure Leicester will go back up straight away.  You may not remember but it’s a league fully of cloggers just waiting to kick the hell out of the better players.

Thats exactly why we will struggle. We have a squad full of players who dont like any sort of physicality whatsoever and shit themselves as soon as they play at a ground that is slightly intimidating.

• Like 1

Will make an assertion around end of July on where I think we can finish. 

By then we will have a permanent manager in place, and hopefully majority of our transfer business done, both incoming and outgoing. 

It's just silly to say we're indefinitely going down again or come straight back at this moment. There's so much up in the air regarding personnel at the club, anything is just a wild hunch or stab in the dark. No one with any certainty can say what will happen when we don't even know who is going to play for us and who they'll be managed by. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

By then we will have a permanent manager in place, and hopefully majority of our transfer business done, both incoming and outgoing. 

It's just silly to say we're indefinitely going down again or come straight back at this moment. There's so much up in the air regarding personnel at the club, anything is just a wild hunch or stab in the dark. No one with any certainty can say what will happen when we don't even know who is going to play for us and who they'll be managed by. 

Exactly this. Frankly I think everyone probably needs a bit of perspective after the mess of this season as well. I’m looking forward to a summer not thinking about football quite so much.

13 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I fancied a go at the team for next season in the Championship and this is what I have come up with.

Iverson

Justin

Soutter

New Guy

Kristiansen

Choudry

Dewsbury Hall

Albrighton

New Guy

New Guy/ Perez (if he fancies it)

Vardy

I reckon that team can get us out. 

was thinking that too about Hamza, i wonder if he'll come back or we'll sell him to Watford, think he'd be decent for us in the championship tbf

On 16/05/2023 at 11:53, StanSP said:

How many teams can you name in the Championship that have replaced 20 players in their squad over the Summer and been promoted?

It ends badly far often than it ends well. The fact we're lauding the return of Albrighton, who can't get in the West Brom side, Choudhury, who has been at a bang average Watford side and Souttar's experience, at a poor Stoke side fighting relegation, tells you all about our mess.

32 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I fancied a go at the team for next season in the Championship and this is what I have come up with.

Iverson

Justin

Soutter

New Guy

Kristiansen

Choudry

Dewsbury Hall

Albrighton

New Guy

Vardy

Perez has effectively left, he is out of contract.

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

was thinking that too about Hamza, i wonder if he'll come back or we'll sell him to Watford, think he'd be decent for us in the championship tbf

We agreed a 6 million fee for him with you if we went up but obviously that won’t happen now .

Helgo is right - he is competitive and gets stuck in at least but very average on the ball .

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Iverson

Justin

Soutter

New Guy

Kristiansen

Choudry

Dewsbury Hall

Albrighton

New Guy

Vardy

Not the best team. Where’s Faes? don’t think anyone will sign him.

Also think we could try and keep hold of Mendy, be surprised if anyone came in for Wilf? 

For me we should try and keep Barnes and Ihenancho, they’d be great in the championship 

30 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Also think we could try and keep hold of Mendy, be surprised if anyone came in for Wilf? 

For me we should try and keep Barnes and Ihenancho, they’d be great in the championship 

I absolutely agree with Barnes and Iheanacho but I don’t think they will stay. 

38 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm done with Faes. I wouldn't want him in our defence even in the Championship. Bloke is a complete bomb scare. Got to hope a Ligue 1 team will take a punt on him and we can cut our losses. 

24 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I absolutely agree with Barnes and Iheanacho but I don’t think they will stay. 

I absolutely cannot see either accepting a reduced contract or Championship football at the peak of their careers. If we try to force them to stay , they will not perform. We will lose all our creative players and most of our goal threat and have to start from scratch.