Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I absolutely cannot see either accepting a reduced contract or Championship football at the peak of their careers. If we try to force them to stay , they will not perform. We will lose all our creative players and most of our goal threat and have to start from scratch.

No chance Barnes will stay. His recent interview it almost felt like he was openly admitting he was gone if we go down. Kels i have a hunch may stay. He has certainly been one of the most motivated to keep us up and seems like he really, really cares. He might actually enjoy having a prominent role in the rebuild. But then again, he might fancy a pay rise and to sit on the bench at Spurs for the next few years.

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No chance Barnes will stay. His recent interview it almost felt like he was openly admitting he was gone if we go down. Kels i have a hunch may stay. He has certainly been one of the most motivated to keep us up and seems like he really, really cares. He might actually enjoy having a prominent role in the rebuild. But then again, he might fancy a pay rise and to sit on the bench at Spurs for the next few years.

Kel would be a beast in the championship. Big strong can score goals. Just needs to cut out the miss-control from time to time 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Kel would be a beast in the championship. Big strong can score goals. Just needs to cut out the miss-control from time to time 

Never happening. What you see is what you get, but i think he would boss that number 10 role and we would be wondering why we were feking around with Maddison for the last 5 months.

Might be a trip to Hillsborough after all 4-4 on aggregate now.

Best mates a Wednesday fan , back in the day always sat in the home end with him and his mates , good fans to be fair.

Since Fulham I’ve been taking what’s below us more keenly

Thanks Brendon! 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I absolutely cannot see either accepting a reduced contract or Championship football at the peak of their careers. If we try to force them to stay , they will not perform. We will lose all our creative players and most of our goal threat and have to start from scratch.

Sarr stayed at Watford. Hopefully it’s only for one season if we can keep them if not They have Long contracts so can leave next season. We can’t just sell everyone and I don’t think we will either 

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

If he fires us to promotion he can start next season as our No1 striker. If we keep 2 out of Kel, Daka, Vardy we’d have one hell of a strike force in the championship 

8 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Sarr stayed at Watford. Hopefully it’s only for one season if we can keep them if not They have Long contracts so can leave next season. We can’t just sell everyone and I don’t think we will either 

He's gone 

Not the championship yet but Sheffield Wednesday have put in a performance today that makes me so nostalgic for Leicester of a few years ago. 

The shifts this team has put in today is absolutely outstanding. Peterborough had a moment a minute ago where it dropped out 25 yards from Wednesdays goal, 3 Wednesday players broke their necks to dive infront of it simultaneously. This spineless bunch we have can frig off. 

THIS is football. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Not the championship yet but Sheffield Wednesday have put in a performance today that makes me so nostalgic for Leicester of a few years ago. 

The shifts this team has put in today is absolutely outstanding. Peterborough had a moment a minute ago where it dropped out 25 yards from Wednesdays goal, 3 Wednesday players broke their necks to dive infront of it simultaneously. This spineless bunch we have can frig off. 

THIS is football. 

This! I absolutely ****ing hate our bunch of spineless *****.  They should be fighting for everything for 90 minutes but you can be sure they will get absolutely anhilated by Newcastle mo day. The could perform against, Forest, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Everton, Palace why the hell would they turn up here?

Only hope I'd Newcastle have a wobble, but they don't look like it at all. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This! I absolutely ****ing hate our bunch of spineless *****.  They should be fighting for everything for 90 minutes but you can be sure they will get absolutely anhilated by Newcastle mo day. The could perform against, Forest, Southampton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Everton, Palace why the hell would they turn up here?

Only hope I'd Newcastle have a wobble, but they don't look like it at all. 

Thankfully one of my best mates is a life-suffering Wednesday fan so I've been treated tonight massively, 2 years of decline and really not enjoying this football club and tonight, Wednesday made me remember why I love football. What a performance. Puts our players well and truly to shame. Can't wait to see the back of 95% of them. 

It’s noticeable that the vast majority of us on here are now discussing next season in the championship with pure acceptance and practically about what we need etc. Aside from the odd poster who says there’s still a little bit of hope (which even they don’t seem to believe), it really is apparent that we have all accepted it. Not even in a negative, sulking sort of way.

That sums up how embarrassed these players should be. Any other time, 2 points from safety with 2 games to play we’d all be pouring over the permutations and be really hopeful. The fact we are all in a state of calm acceptance shows how little faith there is in these lot! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Only if he signs an extension though right? And why would he? 

Praet, Vestergaard, Ndidi and Iheanacho all have 1 year left come this summer. If they don't sign extension we need to sell them this summer, otherwise they walk for a year and we also have another season with lots of first teamers playing on into the final year of their contract. 

And why would any of them sign extensions when we can only offer much lower wages and no guarantee of PL football? 

Never mind the fact that Ndidi and particularly Iheanacho are certainly good enough to play for other PL sides.