Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Championship 23-24

26 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

We're going to get a parachute payment as well as getting some money for transfers. Hopefully we'll spend the money well, get a progressive manager in (who isn't a poundland Pep) and go straight back up. I genuinely don't think we're capable of that with this ownership though.

But we've borrowed the next two season's Premier League payments. We are in a deep deep mess I'm afraid financially. We will be lucky to finish top 15.

• Like 1

Don't recall Palace ever being in huge danger in the PL in their current PL era but they did pretty well with their rebuild a few years ago. Not sure I trust this club to put together a good side but god we're not nailed on for successive relegations FFS. Derby were in an even worse situation than we might potentially be and they still managed 7th.  

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone saying we'll get relegated from the Championship clearly doesn't watch that division. 

Also, it'll be so hard to tell how a totally different side does. Several of these players won't be there. It'll most likely be a different manager if we do go down. How can anyone be so sure? 

You do realise we basically won't have any money to spend on replacing players don't you?

Just now, Benguin said:

We are going to be mid table championship garbage for 10 years aren’t we? 

Yes. 

The board took a massive gamble last summer and its not paid off. We’ll be feeling the ramifications of it for years to come.

Heads need to roll but they won’t. 

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

You do realise we basically won't have any money to spend on replacing players don't you?

And you do realise that a lot of clubs in that money have no budget don't you?

Rotherham, Hull, Luton, Cardiff, Coventry all spring to mind and two of those are top 6.

We are not the first team to be relegated from the PL with inflated wages. It's why parachute payments happen.

I would be interested to know who watches the Championship in this thread because some of the comments are ridiculous. A second relegation is not going to happen. Have you seen how bad some teams are that have comfortably stayed up? Stoke, Bristol City, Birmingham, QPR, Cardiff.

We’ll have some money. 

We’ll be wiping close to £1m off the weekly wage bill with players leaving on a free etc. 

Someone might take a chance on Vardy in the Premier League, so he might go as well. 

We’ll most likely bring in some of the U23s, unfortunately the better ones are injured long terms. 

The coaching appointment is key. 

Rudkin and Neville might like to consider stepping down as well.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Rotherham, Hull, Luton, Cardiff, Coventry all spring to mind and two of those are top 6.

We are not the first team to be relegated from the PL with inflated wages. It's why parachute payments happen.

I would be interested to know who watches the Championship in this thread because some of the comments are ridiculous. A second relegation is not going to happen. Have you seen how bad some teams are that have comfortably stayed up? Stoke, Bristol City, Birmingham, QPR, Cardiff.

Bristol Cory are doing ok under Nige but otherwise fully agreed.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Yes I have but I think people need to wake up to how bad our financial position is. FFP in the Championship is much stricter and we're likely to break it with what will be left of our current wage bill plus we've already spent next year's premier League money in the form of a loan which will need repaying and could even be called in.

I don't think we will go down but I don't foresee a promotion push either. Several years of gradual rebuilding in the Championship is likely. 

12 minutes ago, reynard said:

But we've borrowed the next two season's Premier League payments. We are in a deep deep mess I'm afraid financially. We will be lucky to finish top 15.

Didn’t King Power write off those debts, or are they different ones?

Just now, Qwerty said:

Didn’t King Power write off those debts, or are they different ones?

Different ones, we keep taking loans out against the future TV money. So we own the bank around £150m I think. 

You now remember the team we had to build just to get out of it last time: Schmeichel, Morgan, Wasilewski, Schlupp, Drinkwater, James, King, Mahrez, Dyer, Vardy, Nugent.

It would take a miracle to bounce back with the remains of this season. Alot of work.

• Like 1

1. Sack Rudkin

2. Get a young, progressive, ambitious manager. 

3. Get a decent physio team 

4. Return to our old recruitment strategy

5. Hire a shit hot sport psychologist 

6. Return to the Prem 

Edited by Mr.Bingles
  • Like 1